Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Secret Santa 2018

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,515 posts

It is from me.  Sorry for it being a bit late.  Hope that makes up for it!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,700 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Ok today was the original deadline for gifts. I have edited the original post to reflect to who have received gifts. According to my calculations there are 3 of us still waiting. Garslag, DocNuk and myself. 

I have seen BigMek Gobsmasha posting on here are about, hopefully he/you get it sorted out. 

I will give those other gitz who are delayed until the end of the week to give a their recipient  a situation report on the gifts status.  

After that the public shaming will commence. :whip :choppa :dakka 
  • Big Mek GobSmasha likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 333 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmasha's Deffskullz
Yep, Finally beat the right postal grot and got my bitz today. Mek brain is in full swing and I should have it warped today or tommorow. Then it's at the mercy of a pond crossing...
  • Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this

Nothing is safe from the spannrz n' bloo paint of da Kings of Loot!

"They can cut but they can't paste"

Check out my WIP Log

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Be interesting to see if yours beats mine to its' recipient :search

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 979 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

got a parcel today,

a lot of fantastic bits.

allready after a short look i see 3 - 4 interesting things to do with it.

it looks like it is from garr.

thank you

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Garr

Garr

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 338 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Of course it's from me! I always forget to sign the note! Lol
  • Zagursnik likes this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,700 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

According to the pay attention to stuff grots this leaves only Garslag & myself left. They also tell me that things are in motion concerning for both of them so :thumbs 

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

According to the tracking bar, Garslags' prezzy isn't even halfway there yet, apparently it's current status is

Arrived awaiting clearance (inbound)

PERTH WA

MON 14 JAN . 10:36pm

so it'll be interesting to see which one gets there first

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Perth's just up the road from me. Shouldn't be long now!
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Are they sending it by courier tortoise :?

• Zagursnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
Yay :)

20190123-182004.jpg

Everyone here will recognise Badfang's handiwork. I'm well chuffed with this, especially the fella with the big shoota, still trying to work out where the body came from! (I suspect an old SAG mek?) (Love the red paint job on the big shoota - recently nicked from the Sunburnz?)

Oh, and there woz a box of dice, so now I have to go play some Kill Team or I'll look ungrateful.

Anyway, well worth waiting for, cheers mate.
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

SuperYay - I tried to match the paint to your Collectors as best I could but English mid-winter light as opposed to Aussie spring light :sowhat

Thought you might like the RT figs - the one in the top hat (could use him as a mek wiv a zappa) is the same as Boney (I think - e's been modified a bit but probs started off as a buggy gunner) with an RT lascannon (swiped off an old BloodAxe Dredd-itta) and I went rooting through my bitz boxes to get them as many 'collectables' as I could find tucked into their belts - sadly, the one with the chain didn't get any more chains wrapped round him coz the stuff I'd ordered didn't turn up in time >:

You might find that the dice are a bit easier to use than standard too ;)

Chuffed you're appy wiv 'em (and that they finally got there :lol )

PS - didn't paint the base edges 'coz I couldn't figure out what brown you'd used - seemed a better bet to leave them for you to paint so that they match up proppa.

• Garslag likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts

SuperYay - I tried to match the paint to your Collectors as best I could but English mid-winter light as opposed to Aussie spring light.

I'm really glad that you mentioned this, as my first thought when i saw them was to use them to bulk out Da Kollectorz. :D Your painting style is quite different to mine, but I'm comfortable with that - I've mentioned before that orks to me should be a mismatched rabble if at all possible.

I have some jewellery chain laying around, and also some plastic stuff from a chaos LR. You won't be offended if I help Chainy expand his collection?

I think you've given me the kick in the arse I needed to do a little more work on this project. I'll take a photo of all the painted Kollectorz together, tomorrow or Friday probably.

That lascannon - I've had one of those since forever in one of my earliest Evil Sunz shoota boyz units. I never knew what it was meant to be and i always counted it as a big shoota. Whoops. Anyway, it was the spanner hanging from his belt that put me in mind of the SAG mek. You've done a bang-up job of fitting him in with the modern ladz. Boney sticks out like dog's balls (again - mismatched rabble), where this guy could pass for a regular boy at first glance.

:)

Are any of them named?
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
Also - Steel Legion Drab. You'll need to know that next Christmas probly ;)
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

I'm really glad that you mentioned this, as my first thought when i saw them was to use them to bulk out Da Kollectorz. Your painting style is quite different to mine, but I'm comfortable with that - I've mentioned before that orks to me should be a mismatched rabble if at all possible.

Are any of them named?

Sound, I thought your Kollectorz could maybe do with a hand since you hadn't updated them and (even though I'd used your pik for reference) after I'd done them it was fairly obvious that I'd overdone the bloo a bit - oh well, orks can never be too lucky :biggrin

As they were a prezzy I thought that I ought to let you name them (oh, and you're very welcome to bring Chainy up to spec :thumbs )

Steel Legion Drab - is that Citidal paint - I'll have a look at their paint list a bit later  :!

You shouldn't be too far off from a full mob now :?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Oh, yeah, and I'd really like to see a pic of them all together in the same light - see just how horribly wrong (or otherwise) I got them :lol

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
Group photo taken - postimg is not letting me upload right now :/

The most noticeable difference is that the new guys have browner skin - perfect. I always try to mix skin tones within a unit. I've found that rather difficult to achieve with the new Citadel range, so you've done me a favour there. I need one of the LGSs to start stocking Vallejo or something.

Also noticed that the bases haven't been painted, and the brown that's on them currently is my usual Mournfang Brown undercoat. Probably was planning to DFO that last.

I really like the guy with the shoota and about three different blues on him. You probably noticed I was trying to mix the blues up in the unit. :)
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Yeah, the skin tones are just the way I normally do them - brown base lightened with a yellow-er mid coat and a yellow-ish highlight then washed with a brownish green oil-wash - that many ways of doing ork skin colours that I didn't think I'd be able to match yours anyway, and not all white people are the same shade of pink :lol

Every time I paint up DeffSkullz I try to vary the bloos up on them - usually the best I can manage is dark bloo or light bloo, this despite having a whole bunch of different blooz (or at least differently named blooz) to go at. This time I started putting a bit of green in one of them and tried to mix the others by mixing one dark bloo with a different light bloo, then doing it again with other pairs of blooz - stilll didn't help that much :bang

Hope Postimages get their act in gear soon :search

• Garslag likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,058 posts
20190123-233256.jpg

Lighting could be better, i took this photo at like 1am last night while going a few rounds with sudden onset insomnia. (Could be worse too, i could have turned off all the lights and took photos in the dark) I'll do better next time, and hopefully include some newly painted wunz.

I have a strong urge to call the top hat guy Slash.
  • Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe and Big Mek GobSmasha like this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,506 posts

Cheers Garslag, looks as though I slightly overcompensated the hight adjustments on those RT plastics a bit :blush

Slash sounds good for the mek, and going off the relative size of him (and the nature of his collection) Bossy might not be a bad name for the one in the spikey hat :?

• Garslag likes this