Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Kaptin is Comin'. WAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!

- - - - - Warboss Kaptin Badruk Conversion Freeboota Freebooter

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!

So I was reading over Kaptin Badrukk's profile and decided he wasn't too terrible.  So I decided to convert a freeboota Kaptin who counts as one of the three following:

Kaptin Badrukk - Of course!

Kaptin ______ - With a Dead Shiny Shoota, 'Eavy Armor, and a Big Choppa

Same Kaptin - But with a twin linked big shoota, 'eavy armor, and the 'Ead Choppa relic. 

Hated the previous pic and over the course of tonight I've updated the picture to look halfassed decent. 

kowMSsY.jpg

On to his Shiny Gun!

iHuBjY0.jpgoh0QnIr.jpg

J9U4D9e.jpgcIWAAjD.jpg

It's got a bit of work left to do: Gotta put something on the top, add a bit of plasticard to where the blade attaches, a bit of GS where the wires are. then GS him a trigger/trigger finger. 

Working on that, his choppa and boss banna atm.  Will post pics once they are a little more worked on.  Then I'll GS his body so that I can attach them, figure out their location/position, then I'll work on his 'ead and body. 

• Ugly Green Trog likes this
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

Update! 

Here's a pic of him with all his gear(Except his armored greatcoat, and his head, those are for after the rest of him is 'done'.)

j6YjNpL.jpg

And here's a terrible picture of my plans!  I know it looks aweful,but picture him not looking terrible in it and you can get an idea of how he's shaping up.

Zj8bRHu.jpg

Also any ideas on his name?  I'm thinking of painting the 'teef' bits on his gob blue and calling him 'Kaptin Blootoof',  Or do you think that's not orky enough?

Zirakaji

Zirakaji

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Uzdakka Grimslug's freebooter fleet

This guy is asking for a belly gun xD

Also, looks very choppy. Looking forward for finished model.

Choppa is awesome.

Regarding the name, i think his rank should be not Kaptain, but Chopp-Kaptain in the fashion of Arch Arsonist. Chopp-Kaptain Grim Gob.

• Drakon7 likes this

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

This guy is asking for a belly gun xD

Also, looks very choppy. Looking forward for finished model.

Choppa is awesome.

Regarding the name, i think his rank should be not Kaptain, but Chopp-Kaptain in the fashion of Arch Arsonist. Chopp-Kaptain Grim Gob.If 

If 'e 'ad a belly gun, den where would 'is bea go!?  You gots ta use her finkin bits, ya git!

Thanks for the comment, I'm liking how the choppa looks too.  But I need to think of a way to bulk it up a bit. 

As for his rank, I'm not a fan of 'chopp-kaptin', it doesn't sound phonetically pleasing to me. :D  

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

A bit of work on Da Kaptin today. 

Pic of his body and 'ead.  Now, do you guys think he needs an eyepatch?  Or maybe a cybork/gitfinder?  Or leave it as is?

WfYJ7s9.jpg

I've repositoned his pegleg since I took this pic, it looks better now that I've trimmed it back so it looks mroe like he's stepping and put the thick end on the bottom.  Looks more proppa. ;)

And a bit of work on the bosspole!

WBRjQyH.jpg

• Redtoof likes this

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Boomsprocket's redpants reaverz

I say robot eye!

Orks is made fer fightin and gettin shot up before dey gets ter klose kombat... :crybaby

-Big Mek Boomsprocket

Fight the prices, sign this petition: https://www.change.o...tures/u/8516714

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz

Stick a Grot on his shoulder, pointing.  There is a suitable Gnoblar model that would do the job (think I am going to use this idea myself now).

Hope you are going to clean those mold lines up!

• Drakon7 likes this
My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

Stick a Grot on his shoulder, pointing.  There is a suitable Gnoblar model that would do the job (think I am going to use this idea myself now).

Hope you are going to clean those mold lines up!

I've been trimming some of the modelines as I work.  :P  If you see any I miss please point them out!  I've been bad for ignoring MLs in the past, but I've been getting better at trimming them now that I've figured out the right tool for the job.

As for the grot... Eh... Maybe.  We'll see how the model looks, he's already going to be pretty cluttered.  What with the boss pole, huge weapons, his fancy hat. 

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR
Is all about two things for me really.
The dakka and a decent hat.
No freeboota captain worth his salt would be without either

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

Another(More complete) sketch of Da Kaptin, featuring all his fancy bits!  I don't think there's much left to hunt out for him, just to GS/Plasticard him and glue him together.  

One of my best figures I've ever done, IMHO.  

I decided that he should have the sleeves torn off his coat.  Any advice for doing his hat?

824vOlT.jpg

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 631 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I'd like to see a picture of the repositioned peg leg.  It doesn't look quite right in the photo you've shared.  It seems to be on an angle that doesn't match that of his leg stump.  Aside from this, he's looking promising, and I really like your sketches.  Reminds me of the cartoon Orks in that old Brewhouse Bash (or whatever it was called) from the Gorkamorka days.

"Parry the 6!"

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

XKZsCkY.jpg

Here you are!  I've gotten a bit more work done on him since I took this pick, trimmed down the leg a tad.  As you can see I still need to flush out the GS tatters and maybe add some Plasticard bits to make it proppa. I've also started work on a GS Attack Parrot Squig.

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

If you're wondering about why I'm doing so many sketches, well it's simple.  It lets me figure out how the bits and the GS work I have planned will fit together.  It also lets me plan some of my GS work ahead before I actually do it(A HUGE plus guys!).  

That being said, here is the latest version of Da Kaptin's 'Ead:
NHWF1LL.jpg

I realised that most pirate captains in generic fiction wear bandanas under their hat.  So that's what's hanging off the side of his head there.  He also has a couple little trophies from some of his more recent conquests:  Self given medals for 'Acts of Masterfull Kunnin' and 'Dat was a good scrap dat was!', and some teef from slain rivals.  Hur.  Dem gits thinked dey could take Da Kaptin?!  HAR!  Dat's some funny stuff dat is!

Now, I have a question for you lads.  Should he have some fungus beer/rum/grog on him? He's looking a bit full(but you can never be TOO full right!?) so I'm not sure if I should put it on...

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 820 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

i vote cybork eye and a proppa squigrum barrel somewhere held there by a assistant grot. if you put the grot barrel carrier it could even be your ammorunt, as da boss would guzzle down a barrel to clear is ead improve his shooting to get that reroll, see ;)

• Drakon7 likes this

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

http://greenrivets.f...3/wyrd_boy2.jpg

Love the idea of a grog/rum barrel.  building the wooden barrel out of greenstuff will be a challenge but I think I can pull it off.  I can sort of see it in my head now already. :D

OH!  The above link is for me to ask you ladz if you think I should adapt a sort of...  Sewn together look to Da Kaptin's Koat, basically have it(and his armor) crafted from coats and armor he looted/plundar'd! from people he's fought. :D 

I like that idea, but do you think it would look good? 

UPDATES:  Flushed out the cloth on his pegleg, finished his sword up to 99%, added some tatters on the bulletholes on his banner, did more work on his attack parrot, Mr. Krakaz, and finally worked on his hat, the most important part!  Pics will come as soon as I get my phone. :P

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

YAR!  Back to the grindstone! 

Choppa needs only two minor details then it's done!

HJBDMN8.jpg

Bosspole with the tatters form the bulletholes

DVEQdbr.jpg

Hat with some work, and showing off his bling! 
QsNCvTW.jpg

Grog Barrel, just waitin' fer a grot to carry it!
xPyWMoJ.jpg

• Magus Gar Kan likes this

M.E.K.

M.E.K.

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 159 posts

Luv' the choppa ;) This project is geting better and better  :thumbs

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

And I'm back with more work on da Kaptin!

After a couple moves and just general busy work with life, I finally have a chance to do some work and waht fantastic work it is! :D

His head, the most obvious thing is that I put a feather and a skull and crossbones on it.  I also did a fair amount of work on his Iron Gob and his bionic eye. 
Lxr4SAR.jpg

How do you know if da boss is a proppa one?  By his skars o' course!  And da kaptin has 'em.  One big gash and a handful of bullet holes.  I also gave him a slugga on his belt, more for looks then anything.  And one on his back, and an attack squiggot. 

cCmpNJW.jpg

And finally, how he's gonna look once he's more complete! All he's really missing is a few details on his head, and on his melee arm.  I like the position it's in and think it'll work out better.  And of course 'is Kaptin's Coat, can't forget that. 
c9Xa24Y.jpg

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

You seem to have got 'im looking pretty much exactly as you originally drew him and although I don't usually like Ogryn Orks, it's only 'is left boot that's the giveaway - and he coulda looted that anyway.

Ace Job  :thumbs

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,057 posts

More work!

The kaptin's head is about 98% done, need to add one little doodad to it and a couple extra touch ups. 

QivNgmF.jpg

An extra bit of choppiness, in case da boss needs it!
MOPEpkL.jpg

Added some skars and a plate to the back of the gun arm. 

WFjAjsE.jpg

Same thing to the back of teh sword arm. 

5pDkmCt.jpg

Da Rum Runt. He needs a bit of work, including a hat and coat. 
YXwWbBH.jpg

Bit more work to da kaptin's front. 

bbQRlI1.jpg

But most importantly, I've got some great work on his coat!

Du7OWI6.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warboss, Kaptin Badruk, Conversion, Freeboota, Freebooter