Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Gretchin Revolutionary Comittee

- - - - - rebel grotz

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Those are Awesome. Love the theme of the Army and beautiful paint job. Yes I agree those eyes are amazing. How did you do it?

I painted the eyes last, so as not to smudge them later. First I just painted the whole eyeball black. Second I painted a half-moon shape with Khorne red, and then a thinner line of Evil sun red over the upper part of that. Next I fixed errors with more black, shaping the red bit to look like an eye (cornea? the coloured bit of your eye?) and forming a shadow-line on the upper part of the eye. Then just add a white dot.

Basically it's simple, but in practise it's really fiddly, I have to hold my breath every time I touch the model with my brush, and I had to clean up mistakes with black and re-paint after nearly every stage, but it's worth it. Even I would not like to do this on every model.

• Badfang Brassaxe and Arueda333 like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Arueda333

Arueda333

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts

I painted the eyes last, so as not to smudge them later. First I just painted the whole eyeball black. Second I painted a half-moon shape with Khorne red, and then a thinner line of Evil sun red over the upper part of that. Next I fixed errors with more black, shaping the red bit to look like an eye (cornea? the coloured bit of your eye?) and forming a shadow-line on the upper part of the eye. Then just add a white dot.

Basically it's simple, but in practise it's really fiddly, I have to hold my breath every time I touch the model with my brush, and I had to clean up mistakes with black and re-paint after nearly every stage, but it's worth it. Even I would not like to do this on every model.

I appreciate you sharing that with me. I am going to test it out with some of my character models. I think it would be harder to do on the Boyz type models. Thanks again. Excited to see more of your army too.