Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Burna boy OSL

osl

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Make them do the burny dance!

0E24i92.jpg

jq6X58d.jpg

tpUNfT3.jpg

F3ehEBJ.jpg

6hElZNh.jpg

Time to try some osl again. The body is old Microarts longcoat orc (they don't make these anymore), burna-boy-bitz are GW and the flame is GS over wire, sculpted by me. It's clearly an ork, though the only bit of green skin visible is the right index finger pulling the trigger.

I'm actually pretty happy with the result, there were moments I was sure I could not pull this off. The OSL is the main point, not much details on the back.

I broke off a bit of the flame near the nozzle while glueing it on, but decided to take the pics anyway, might take weeks before I'll get around to fix that - if at all.

• Sproston Green, DocNuK, Orkimedez and 10 others like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

The greatcoat ork bod is well suited to the GW bits and your paint (and lighting :biggrin ) shows it off a treat - well proppa :thumbs

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Very cool, er hot model, aw!  :thumbs

The paint and lighting is excellently done. Are you planning on more burna boys like this?

That torso is just perfect for a burna boy. Too bad they are discontinued. Did you leave off the  burna straps on purpose? It looks pretty good without them. I imagine the fuel pack is just riveted on to the jacket. :yes

Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Karfang Toofstealer

Karfang Toofstealer

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
  • Army Name:Karfang's Krusade
Man that is a beautiful burna boy.
How long did it take?

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Excellent job, AW. I don't see any flaws in the OSL. In the good-news-bad-news department -- the chipped GS jumps out because the OSL is so well done.

It's a thing of beauty. :love

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Thanks, guys!

@Sir Sproston: No plans for more burnas, tho' it might be interesting to field a full team of burnas with flames attached in an actual game. I bought a full team of ten of the bodies back when they were available, they've been built up as a 4th ed kill team for some time now, but I never liked the way they look. I need to rip off some arms and heads.

Yeah, I left the straps off on purpose, the original ones were too short and I thought them distracting. There actually are straps for the fuel pack, but they are quite hard to see in the pics, 'specially as I painted them the same colour as the coat.

@Karfang: Not really long at all (for me at least), maybe 2 - 3 hours. For me it's painting the ork skin and detailing that take a lot of time, but in this case there was none of that. Painting the flame took longest as I primed black, then layered up to a white basecoat and then washed the flame colours with diluded paint, starting with the lightest colour. The OSL is mostly just drybrush, so that was pretty quick, too.

@MGD: Yeah, now I can't stop looking it. If I can't fix it maybe I'll just have to make a new flame....slightly bigger perhaps...

• Sproston Green and Zagursnik like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

I showed the first pic to my girlfriend, who was across the room from me, and she said "What movie is that from? :? "  :yes  Sounds like a compliment to me. :D  :thumbs

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Garslag like this
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

maybe I'll just have to make a new flame....slightly bigger perhaps...

Spoken like a true ork. :lol

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,572 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

So awesome. OSL is such a hard technique to do well and make convincing but you've done it nicely. Really outstanding work :thumbs Makes an out of the box model that much better.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Gosford

Gosford

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! 'Eadcleava

I'm crying tears of joy. I love him. 

Jurand

Jurand

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts