Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Not Your normal 2k list

- - - - - 2k 2000 points Tournament fun boyz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dale7hp

dale7hp

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
  • Army Name:Yello' Rokk Clan

So im planning on going to a 2000 point tournament , rules 3 formations max, no duplicate formations and no forge world :( (cant take bubbles my squigoth)

plan is to have characters inside of Gorkanaught for deployment to reduce the drops, disembark them among the boyz turn 1 and send Mr Gorkanaught forward. The tank bustas will all be in the battle waggon and just push that as far forward as quickly as i can with then shooting rokkits and sending bomb squigs forth. big mek with kff will support the 2 healing if possible but trying t keep them alive with KFF bubble.

Boyz will foot slog forward unless i can get off da jump then 1 unit will be sent up with the gorkanaught and battle waggon with its deffrolla, formidable offensive units to soak up the shooting for wave 2 of boyz comming in, kommandos can be used to take out lone enemy units or jump on objectives turn 3.  

List is bellow feed back would be appriciated.

this is the strongest list i can come up with from what i have but i'm willing to buy more orks. you can never have too many

gives me 7cp to play with

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) [95 PL, 1627pts] ++

+ HQ +

Warboss [4 PL, 62pts]: 1. Legendary Fighter, Attack Squig, Headwoppa's Killchoppa, Shoota, Warlord

Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump

Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump

+ Troops +

Boyz [13 PL, 199pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Shoota
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Rokkit Launcha
. 28x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [13 PL, 199pts]

Boyz [13 PL, 199pts]

+ Elites +

Tankbustas [7 PL, 154pts]: 2x Bomb Squig
. 7x Tankbusta: 7x Rokkit Launcha
. Tankbusta w/ Hammer: Tankhammer

Tankbustas [7 PL, 154pts]: 2x Bomb Squig
. 7x Tankbusta: 7x Rokkit Launcha
. Tankbusta w/ Hammer: Tankhammer

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon [11 PL, 180pts]: Deff Rolla

Gorkanaut [19 PL, 356pts]: 2x Rokkit Launcha, Skorcha, 2x Twin Big Shoota

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Orks) [26 PL, 371pts] ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek on Warbike [6 PL, 108pts]: Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field

+ Elites +

Kommandos [6 PL, 70pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa
. 6x Kommando

Kommandos [6 PL, 61pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa
. 5x Kommando

Nob with Waaagh! Banner [4 PL, 79pts]: Kustom Shoota

Painboy [4 PL, 53pts]: Power Klaw

++ Total: [121 PL, 1998pts] ++

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I run my warboss with the Killchoppa and a PK. No shooting at all. The PK is just in case I run into a vehicle of some kind.

Why 2 Da Jumps? 

Maybe have one boyz mob shootas. A chance to whittle down the opponent as you walk across the table.

I would try to work a couple PKs in there. They are cheap now. 

r_squared

r_squared

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 347 posts

I run my warboss with the Killchoppa and a PK. No shooting at all. The PK is just in case I run into a vehicle of some kind.
Why 2 Da Jumps? ...

Personally I love a skorcha on my Warboss and Nobz too where I can, against MEQ D6 auto hits, wounding on 3+ and reducing them to a 50% save is great.

I also run two da jump Weirdboyz, I started out with one and the other with warpath, but found that I preferred the redundancy and flexibility of two. Your opponent can then never be sure which unit will jump where.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I give kombi-skorchas on Nobz if I have the points to spare. I spent a lot of time converting an AoS warboss into 40K, getting rid of that stupid skull on his shoulder, so I am going to use him.

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts

I may not be clear on your event rules but what if you took the 2nd Weirdboy, your two heavies and put them in another detachment - spearhead I think? - Then consider dropping the 1 kommando that is extra in that one squad and maybe the 1 rokkit boy from each mob.  

This will allow you to add a mek gun (kustom Mega) and give your Warboss a Kustom Shoota.  This gives you an extra command point, and another unit that can draw some fire or do some damage.  I think that this gives you a bit more competitive list.

I did this on Battle Scribe and came up with a valid list at 1999 points.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2k, 2000 points, Tournament, fun, boyz