Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Very first Orc warband, advice/criticism appreciated!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Monsieurjuneau

Monsieurjuneau

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
Here's my very first Mordheim warband. My friends and I have never played it before, but interest in Mordheim is growing at my local store. From the looks of it, we'll have Orc (myself), Possessed, Lizardmen, and Night Goblin warbands being played (the last two being unofficial bands, but we're allowing them since those are the Warhammer Fantasy armies the others own). Without further ado, here it is! Boss "Maaagh" + Club, Sword Shaman "Brutalitopz" + Club Big Un "Doo Kane" + Club, Sword Big Un "Pierce" + Club Boy "Bing Bong" + Club, Crossbow 8x Boyz + Clubs (1gc left over) That's 13 models in my starting warband, meaning I'll need 4 OOP models before I take a rout test. I'm not sure how to divide my 8 Club Boyz. Putting them all in groups of 1 will greatly increase my chances of upgrading them to heroes, but it'll be so hectic trying to keep track of everyone's individual advances and/or recognising who has what advances when they're on the table. I'm thinking of putting 4-5 of them in a single group and leave the rest as singles. However, I kinda want my Crossbow Boy to get the hero upgrade (to nab some of the shooty skills) so I might end up only having a couple of single Boys. Any feedback/advice/criticism is welcome. Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference behind my heroes' names :biggrin

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,376 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I would put the henchmen in pairs. That way you won't loose the xp gained if one dies, but still have higher chance of TLGT. As to the list, a classic horde warband, nothing wrong with it really.

Monsieurjuneau

Monsieurjuneau

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
I never even thought about putting them into pairs, cheers! It'll make it a hell of a lot easier to model too, since I'll only need to go for 4 unique looks instead of 8 (to make it easy to identify who is who on the table).

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,376 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
No worries.

Remember that you can swap equipment around so if one of the other groups gets TLGT, you can give him the crossbow.

I would also suggest saving for a troll as soon as possible. Personally I would start with one, but it completely alters the way the warband plays to begin with.

Make sure you guys are playing with enough terrain. Much of the moaning about the shooting warbands is as a result of there being not enough terrain. Ideally you want 75%+, with no tall buildings in the deployment zones.

Also check out Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum for general advice.