Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dr Orkenstein's Horde

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Zark the Damned

Zark the Damned

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 199 posts
  • Army Name:Waargh Kargrak

Yeah, about a year. :lol

Gotta say your checks are amazing. Very sharp.
What's the end of the weapon in his right hand made of? My brain just can't wrap around the 2D pics and figure it out.

Checks look like the waterslide transfers from one of the big Ork sheets.

Weapon looks like the Firebelly's Hammer - https://www.games-wo...en-GB/Firebelly

Overall an interesting conversion, I think it would have worked better if the head was lower down, with more of a hunched back like the usual Ork stuff. Looks a bit wierd with it poking out the top of the armour like ha has a super long neck.

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Dr Orkenstein's Revenge!

Yeah, about a year. :lol

Gotta say your checks are amazing. Very sharp.
What's the end of the weapon in his right hand made of? My brain just can't wrap around the 2D pics and figure it out.

The hammer is a volcanic rock bound in iron bands, the actual part is the resin hammer from the Ogor Firebelly.

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Dr Orkenstein's Revenge!

Checks look like the waterslide transfers from one of the big Ork sheets.

Weapon looks like the Firebelly's Hammer - https://www.games-wo...en-GB/Firebelly

Overall an interesting conversion, I think it would have worked better if the head was lower down, with more of a hunched back like the usual Ork stuff. Looks a bit wierd with it poking out the top of the armour like ha has a super long neck.

Yup waterslide transfer for sure, I tried painting but wasn't happy with the result, and tried the transfers, a lot sharper and more accurate to apply.

I mounted the head high to mimic a more human pose, as he's part Primarch-part Ork

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 489 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I wish Oddballz was still active.  Many years ago he did a whole army of ork-beakee hybrids; this would've been right up his alley.

• Lucio likes this
"Parry the 6!"