Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freeks - New Ork Boxed Game?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Also my opinion, the sculpts are leaning more towards the FW style Orks.

Personally I'd suggest that the FW sculpts are more reminiscent of Paul Bonners' sculpts (Buzzgob was illustrated by PB in IA8) and I ain't complaining about that :lol  but if that's what GW are aiming for - let's just say BS 5+.

• Blakkreaper and Garslag like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Btw, if you read the article it seems we only get 2 buggies in the new box, not 3. I'm still cool with that.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

Speed Freaks will need to be a serious deal for me to get it.  I just don't need more bikers...

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Btw, if you read the article it seems we only get 2 buggies in the new box, not 3. I'm still cool with that.

Still expecting to get four out of it :biggrin

Speed Freaks will need to be a serious deal for me to get it.  I just don't need more bikers...

Got an Evil Sunz army - 'Too many bikers' :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

Ha, I know.  My problem is that I run SOOOOOO many things I run out of points before I run out of bikers!

I should restate that I would need to see huge savings to get it since I would rather just buy more buggies.  As in if I can get two more buggies I'll do that!  I need to buy the trike too...

• Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,087 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

I would be very surprised if you weren't at least getting the Bikes free. GW's boxed sets usually offer a significant saving.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

Bikers are so pricey I don't believe we will get massive savings.  Outside of the Renegade box the savings on the boxed sets haven't been mindboggling.  Only decent.  If there are things in the box that you don't really need, then the price gets even worse.

leopard

leopard

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Gobfinks Gitz

Key with the bikes is the rules in the normal game, or more specifically the cost, the rules look fine just not at "how much!" as a cost, if they are still over priced (and with a load of new buggies to sell they may well be) the box starts to be a lot worse given how much will be shelf queens at the end of it.

make bikes 'acceptably' priced, if not cheap, just not an auto 'forget it' outside occasional games though and they become worth a look

• Blakkreaper likes this

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Dethkopta Pilot

• Deathskullz
  • 1,728 posts
  • Army Name:Freebootaz

Key with the bikes is the rules in the normal game, or more specifically the cost, the rules look fine just not at "how much!" as a cost, if they are still over priced (and with a load of new buggies to sell they may well be) the box starts to be a lot worse given how much will be shelf queens at the end of it.

make bikes 'acceptably' priced, if not cheap, just not an auto 'forget it' outside occasional games though and they become worth a look

I just wish they'd give us back the cheap stripped bikes with no dakkaguns. I have a whole mob modeled that way :/

• Garslag likes this
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst.
Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn.
And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask.
We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Looted Russ Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,919 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

I'd rather have more buggies. The Warbikes are just filler...unless the bits for them are totally new. Either way, I'll just be picking up one set.

• warhead01 and PhillyT like this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,365 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I just wish they'd give us back the cheap stripped bikes with no dakkaguns. I have a whole mob modeled that way :/

I have plenty of Bikers myself, I'll probably put these bikers directly up for sale. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
Looks like the usual bike sprue

Hoping the nob bikerz rools are now better so i can hoover up all these unwanted 2 wheeled machines :)

Morghot

Morghot

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Brian Nelson did a lot of the Ironjaws as well. 

You are right! The Ironjawz Megaboss is 100% made by Nelson (and you can see it, it's amazing, face and everything), there is also an interview about this in the white dwarf at the release time of them if i remeber correctly. 

That said, the "old" nelson ork head are for me the best, the gorkamorka bosses above all! But these last seen, buggies one and wartrike bozz ( :love  :love ), are not so bad,,, anyway i must admite that i found annoying that every new kit or ork release the face of our beloved greenskins change a bit! Not a big problem, not at all, they are not real changes, but it's like there is always the fear to look at these news faces hoping you will like them  :lol  :lol

• Garslag likes this