Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Hulk

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
I have been fiddling on and off for some time with a BFG ork fleet without making much progress.
So I intended to restart the entire project by building the fleets hulk.

My interest was relit when I saw this kit, http://www.revell.co...nt/85-6445.html a 19 in long star destroyer for sale in a local toy store.

My inner mekboy realized that it could probably be mashed up a bit and used as a spiece of panzee dungon for a pimped out space hulk, a big one.
So regardless if I make the rest of the fleet playable or not I would have an awesome space hulk to run around and make wooosh wooosh noises and scream orders to the gretchins in my best ork voice hang from my roof as a static model.

So the question is: do you people think it is a reasonable project? (keeping in mind that the final hulk will be much shorter and stockier)?
I will base my descision on your opinion.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
I used a similar kit to make my Hulk which can be seen ere in post 21..

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=35259
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Boss, boss wez got noise! said an ork from across the dimly lit chamber. Whats dat, you say? Replied a large ork from its throne like kaptains chair with a glint in its one good red eye and a long thin tusk filled smile. Right on it is good to see some traffic here! Its been awhile (not that Ive been a pillar of motivation). You know Id say any project that sparks your imagination and inspires you to build is worth the effort. So Id say do it, but then that is just me being selfish as Id like to see the WIP! Ive got a hulk in my mind that I plan on building, but Im starting on the opposite side of the coin. Im building Ram ships right now and Im going to reward myself for completing my smaller ships by allowing myself to build bigger ships. My 2 cents on your project would be, yep thats a good model to start with. If it was in me yard, Id cut her up and up into smaller pieces. Then Id carve me some roks out of styrofoam. I think the Hulk recommended size in 120mm Id keep that in mind as I layed out my cut up pieces of model and partly carved out roks. Id experiment with different layouts (stacking the pieces of model bits and roks) until I found a configuration that screamed I am it, do me!!!!!! Once you have the basic layout glue it, pin it, duct tape it, or just will it together. Once I got to this stage then the real fun begins. Now you can start to throw on your gubbinz, gunz and whot nots. Sounds like a fun project to me. Any extra cut parts that you end up not using from the original model can go into the bitz box for future projects. I dont see how you can lose. I say do it!

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
Yeah I fell to the group pressure and bought the star destroyer before Kr00zA had replied. Was thinking that it will either be out of the box build, or a hulk. The more I look at it the more I feel it needs a total make-over, chainsaw-style in order to work. And that is not a problem. On the other hand, I lack time to work on it during the holidayz, due to relatives visiting and so. Any wip-s will have to wait for the little grotz and the oldboyz to leave town.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Gorlock

Gorlock

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Grimms' Pillaging Plunderers

There is no rule that states that a space hulk must be made from asteroids and flotsam of other space vessels all crammed together in some terrible mish-mash. Thats just how the 1st one was envisioned. Remember, time is different in the warp, that being said...a ship could return to real space looking as new as when if left the space dock!!

***END OF LINE***

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

There is no rule that states that a space hulk must be made from asteroids and flotsam of other space vessels all crammed together in some terrible mish-mash. Thats just how the 1st one was envisioned. Remember, time is different in the warp, that being said...a ship could return to real space looking as new as when if left the space dock!!

So 5 YEARS LATER you thought you just had to drag this post back up?

Please read the rules for the forum.

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Gorlock

Gorlock

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Grimms' Pillaging Plunderers
My hulk is a large ship from Firestorm Armada.... I just added a ton of Gubbins and dakka then aged the hell outta it...not all hulks are a bunch of mashed up ships.

I'll post a pic when I post a pic of my new battleship. I couldn't find one that didn't cost 5mouths full of teef....so I built me own.
  • skarnir likes this
***END OF LINE***

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,545 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks

Erm... Seem dere's some zombies wanderin' around. 

Feel free to start a new thread, but let this one go back to its rest...

______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/