Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Most Liked Content

#719696 KFF

Posted by PeaceCraft on 13 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

i was wondering about the same thing and was thinking of posting this infograph style question directly at warhammer community...

eventually. in the meantime i'll post it here

qCYqeVT.jpg

you guys think the question is understadable the way i put it?

• warhead01, det, Blakkreaper and 10 others like this

#717672 8E rumors, and what it means for Orks

Posted by laughterofgods on 18 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I am excited if only because there are people actually checking this place.  I joined a facebook ork group out of desperation, but I like this place better.

• warhead01, CannibalBob, det and 9 others like this

#716615 Burna boy OSL

Posted by armored walker on 25 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

Make them do the burny dance!

0E24i92.jpg

jq6X58d.jpg

tpUNfT3.jpg

F3ehEBJ.jpg

6hElZNh.jpg

Time to try some osl again. The body is old Microarts longcoat orc (they don't make these anymore), burna-boy-bitz are GW and the flame is GS over wire, sculpted by me. It's clearly an ork, though the only bit of green skin visible is the right index finger pulling the trigger.

I'm actually pretty happy with the result, there were moments I was sure I could not pull this off. The OSL is the main point, not much details on the back.

I broke off a bit of the flame near the nozzle while glueing it on, but decided to take the pics anyway, might take weeks before I'll get around to fix that - if at all.

• Sproston Green, DocNuK, Orkimedez and 8 others like this

#714090 None's Conversion Madness Mk2

Posted by Nonebutone on 12 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

The... Following 6 Hours are a bit hazy, but somehow I added a giant Rokkit fist, and a second Huge Zzap gun... then primed, and Dry brushed the metals on.

13932311_10153646670086962_378149330_o_z

13987095_10153646670446962_2138828942_o_

Then came the Base coats of yellow.

13950775_10153647653091962_1227003156_o_
13977880_10153647653061962_336758869_o_z

Then... a bunch of Washes and Additonal colors later
13977854_10153649019961962_209613697_o_z
13940006_10153649020806962_1254912782_o_

I still call it a WIP as it has no proper base, and I want to do a bit more detail (like... painting up the Trophy Knight Helms to be of Knight houses I've fought against. BUT... its nearing completion.

• Sproston Green, Dim_Reapa, Totgeboren and 8 others like this

#716645 da Mad Grot builds a trukk

Posted by Mad Grot Docsnik on 26 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Flakka Dakka Trukk, Moar Dakka Edition...

trukk_05.jpgOkay, I'm real proud... uh chuffed... with how this turned out. Not to say that I won't add glyphage or other tidbits of detailing, but the turret and gunz are done (minus final gluing) and I'm  happy with 'em. I think they'll even pop more after paint which will bring up some of the odd details (like the fire extinguisher), although that's probably a couple weeks away (given other projects getting in the way).

• DocNuK, Orkimedez, Zagursnik and 7 others like this

#716464 da Mad Grot builds a trukk

Posted by Mad Grot Docsnik on 16 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

Pretty boring title, eh? Everybody builds trukks all the time. Yeah, well, it's been eons since I built anything mek. This trukk kit was a Christmas gift from... oh hell, like eight or ten years ago. :blush So I figured I'd go ahead and finally do the project I had planned way back then. Here's what I've managed in the last fortnight.

The trukk is assembled to the point that it's ready for paint. Gunner, driver, and such left separate for ease of painting. The rest of the "accessories" are still WIP.

trukk_01.jpg

The plan is simple: one trukk, three beds. The first one will be the out-of-the-box trukk bed. The second will be a near-as-I-can-mek-it copy, but full of boyz. That's right, ten trukk boyz, glued in place, doing the usual... shootin', preparin' to drop the boarding plank, punchin each uvva inda face, you know, da usual. And then, since you're already dealing with a magnetized bed, why not make a flakka dakka gun as a nice, noisy, shooty option.

The flak gun is inspired by the WWII German Wirbelwind and American Quad .50 cal. It's nowhere near complete, but I've got the basics down. The turret will go onto the round platform (and be able to rotate). The guns still need some sort of hub attachment to the turret. They should be able to elevate if I get it right. The platform will need to be mounted onto a magnetized bed to match the others (which I haven't started yet).

So you can see why I'm not much of a mad mek... only this accomplished in two weeks. I sweat little details that aren't even visible and simple things (like cutting p-card straight) give me fits. And all the while I think what a :bleep this is going to be to paint. Gork and Mork, I love this hobby! :biggrin

• DocNuK, derry, chaoshead87 and 7 others like this

#710523 Red Jack's (sukigod) Waaagh! Log

Posted by Sukigod on 29 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

So this whale is back on the bench :)

Now it's down to the details; pick one, knock it out and move on to the next one. Pretty soon I should be done.

The metallics took for ever and it's not a dramatic change from back when I put it on hold again. I'll be finishing off the wing details first, then on to the deff arsenal - which I'm is going to suck since I made it so danged detailed. Anyway, here's some pics of progress.

bommer194.jpg

bommer195.jpg

bommer196.jpg

Later!

• warhead01, DocNuK, derry and 7 others like this

#708710 Trust in Rust Dread Mob: 7-6-17 Catch Up Time!

Posted by greggles on 02 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

The completed cart and army!

TGdURnG.jpg

8RFpIw8.jpg

• morfangdakka, Zark the Damned, derry and 7 others like this

#708496 The Completed Ork Tactica, Take 2

Posted by laughterofgods on 20 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

As many of you may know the Waaagh Website has been giving me problems with posting my Tactica.  It didn't like the gigantic walls of text I was trying to insert into the previous thread.  For the time being I am not going to try again.  Instead, I have compiled the entire thing into a PDF and made it available for download.  For now it is just available through Dropbox, but hopefully at some point it will become available directly through The Waaagh so that we can attract new players.  Anyways, the Table of Contents lists the various sections and acts as links to those sections.  There is also an Index where I tried to cross reference things in case you wanted more info on a specific unit or somesuch.  I hope you enjoy.

:cheers

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

• warhead01, Dim_Reapa, Itinerate Ork and 7 others like this

#719854 Ork hate?

Posted by Dim_Reapa on 18 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

There's hatedoms for everything. That includes hatedoms.

I've not encountered much "hate" for Orks offline. Online, quite a bit. The only point of criticism I've ever seen that bothers me is the one that asserts that Orks are not inkeeping with 40k's Grimdark theme, and are too "zany", and thus don't fit. To me, that just reaks of a poor understanding of 40k fluff, what it is, and how Orks fit within it. Partly because Orks aren't funny. Other than that, it's differing tastes, and sour grapes, really.

My advice is simple. If you can defend, justify and find happiness with your love of Orks, then their opinions are entirely immaterial. All they can do is disagree, and if you're happy with Orks they don't matter.

The best solution is to be a good Ork player. Be a great ambassador for the faction, and show the rest of the community how cool we are and how awesome our stuff is. I find that a community that has one or two established good Ork players end up with the opinion that Ork Players are fun and that they add to the player community experience. That's how to change stuff like that.

• warhead01, Blakkreaper, The Northern Ork and 6 others like this

#717805 Restarting my Orks

Posted by Yara on 23 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

Top structure is now complete -- next thing is the riveting...

bw-top-dun_zpsjscx8ean.jpg

• det, GreenHead, Mad Grot Docsnik and 6 others like this

#717797 Character Contest 2017 - Davy Jones

Posted by armored walker on 23 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

Aka Da Flying Duchman from the Pirates of Caribbean.

"You can do nothing without this key!"

WIP:

HYrIRke.jpg

Old Microart's greatcoat body, Maxmini head, Spellcrow sword & right hand, the green stuff is Greenstuff.

Finished pics:

taAbsHq.jpg

8EUkCaQ.jpg

nqDYXaq.jpg

nqDYXaq.jpg

P6iural.jpg

*edited to show pics again*

• DocNuK, Orkimedez, SANTA KLAWZ and 6 others like this

#717228 da Mad Grot builds a trukk

Posted by Mad Grot Docsnik on 30 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Flakka dakka gun painted up...

trukk_06.jpg

Got some boyz into the copy trukk bed, but no pics of that progress.

• armored walker, DocNuK, derry and 6 others like this

#716933 WAAAGH! Gar 'Un Mek-Klaws WIP-athon

Posted by Garr on 17 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

Better pics from the monthly threat thread.

20170417_171649.jpg

20170417_151906.jpg

20170417_171729.jpg
  • Mad Grot Docsnik, DocNuK, chaoshead87 and 6 others like this

#714171 Don Corleone's WIP

Posted by Don Corleone on 01 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

Hey folks, first of all: please excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker.

This is my debut at The-Waaagh, a scratchbuild Battlefortress. Its my first scratchbuild model, so I'm pretty proud of it.
The constructing is done so far, but most of it isn't glued in place yet, to be able to paint in later.

If you are interested I can post pictures of the building process. 

I hope you like it :)

8o6uu228.jpg
kicscrul.jpg
nbc4zdta.jpg

o5y9sveb.jpg
qh74qzao.jpg

qb7h89n3.jpg
76sw2xdh.jpg

99y6mnee.jpg
thfnpct8.jpg
qqelrzph.jpg

• warhead01, armored walker, DocNuK and 6 others like this

#710512 docnuk's buggies and wartrakks - buggymania

Posted by DocNuK on 29 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

it is raining a lot today, so i had a productive day.

the detailing is finished, all the bolts and plates are in place:

5-detailing-front-and-rear.jpg

the gunner and his "tool" are made, a few rokkits put together and using a little cogwheel. a hole in the roof to fix it.

simple but effective:

5-gunner-rokkits-and-roof.jpg

(@badfang: the "element" in the air cleaner is one of this cogwheels with 2 little plastic discs)

i declare this model finished:

6-finished-view1.jpg

6-finished-total.jpg

The flag is looted from another buggy, i have to do 6 - 8 for all the buggies waiting for paint.

basecoat and metalics next month.

yes, there is a little plastic blob at one of the rokkits, i have removed it allready :D

• Sukigod, Itinerate Ork, Badfang Brassaxe and 6 others like this

#710361 Scratch Built Ork Big Rig (well mostly...)

Posted by Kiblams on 20 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and love the kustomizin' that goes on here, I feel very much at home! :)

I have been working on this project for a while now, and I have yet to share it with you all on here. I will post the most up to date photos and I can link you to some WIP threads if you wanna see them.

Here it is:

3058-1447328259-131944c450ae16747c7889ba

The trailer is magnetised so it can have two halves swapped out, I only have a full flatbed and the tanker attachments made so far though.

I am not sure where I stand on uploading videos from my Youtube channel, so if you could let me know I can show those too :)

Thanks for looking!

• warhead01, Itinerate Ork, derry and 6 others like this

#709555 Converting Nobz to MANZ

Posted by r_squared on 18 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

One of the things that irks me every now and then is the cost of GW miniatures, even second hand. This means I do like to keep an eye out for a bargain, or to find a way to save a few pennies. Earlier in the year I had some fun, and success, kitbashing Mek Guns from a single kit and a trukk, and having decided to give the BullyBoyz formation a try, I have been on the hunt for some cheap MANZ.

After a while it became apparent that tracking these down for less than a tenner each was going to be tough.

Luckily, I had received a set of Nobz in a secret santa, and as I have a full compliment of nobs already, they sat on the shelf untouched, until this weekend.

I can't remember where I read it, but I know that some people have converted MANZ from Nobz in various ways, usually from Terminator kitbashes, or using plasti-card, and having seen a few outstanding examples online, I decided to give it a go myself.

TBH, I was surprised, and quite pleased with the results. They maybe a bit rough and ready, but for the sake of a £15 box, some plasticard and some trukk spare parts, they will definitely do the trick.

MANZ%20Conv%2002_zpsydlmzmly.jpg

MANZ%20Conv%2003_zpsjocatpzk.jpg

MANZ%20Conv%2004_zpsveuhcym0.jpg

MANZ%20Conv%2005_zpsz2frfyzf.jpg

MANZ%20Conv%2006_zpsiqwcgwnu.jpg

2co5009.jpg

• morfangdakka, Itinerate Ork, Totgeboren and 6 others like this

#707044 STOMPA

Posted by Kr00zA on 12 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

Some better pics of this Stompa conversion.

1zvbdhz.png

2rg291z.jpg

Paint job is just a black undercoat with some metallic highlighting... inks and washes then applied.

... and plenty of dust where it's been sitting in this unfinished state for ages.

• lachlin, Redtoof, warhead01 and 6 others like this

#705195 Thrugg Bullneck

Posted by Apologist on 12 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Thrugg Bullneck

Appearing in The Battle for the Farm, an introductory scenario for Rogue Trader, Thrugg Bullneck led the ork forces against the Crimson Fists – all in the noble name of honour and glory getting his buried loot back from those beekees!

I decided I'd update the model:

Original

Raider_Warboss.jpg

WIP

IMG_2915.JPG

Finished

IMG_3160.JPG

IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

Love to hear what you think :)

• Redtoof, Zagursnik, Badfang Brassaxe and 6 others like this