Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaaghril (April) 2017 Painting Challenge

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Don't feel bad skarnir, I'm in the same boat... all I've done is Boltgun Metal on the trukk bed and I haven't lifted a knife to a single boy for the build threat. I am doomed to failure this month. Went and took on two projects for family and that has taken all my hobby time. Priorities are what they are.

Crappy pic or no, those tanks look awesome, Garr. 'grats on bein' green. :thumbs

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,546 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks

I'm almost finished. The 1/160 firefighters are done and need to be added to the club module, although they should have been "build and paint." I am mostly done the n-scale locomotive, but it does need some additional detailing in the form of washes and a satin coat to even out the shine a bit.

The Blood Bowl stuff will be assembled during the last week of April... I hope...

______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

Finished painting the flakka dakka tukk bed today. That makes me one half finished with my threat with six days left in the month... yeah, barring a miracle I'm not gonna make it. I will sling a picture up later when I get a chance to snap one.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR
As usual I have not painted zog all of my threat.
Knowing how work and life are going I wont be getting much if any more of it done.

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Well, family and events took out a huge chunk of time I might have otherwise been painting. And I over-estimated how long it takes me to paint a unit of boyz. Or rather, I learn more and spend more time on even the humblest boy because I know very well once I'm finished I'm not going to come back to them until I have enough dakka in my army.

I'm not going to make my April threat with realistically only two more free days for me to paint. But I can at least finish this unit of tankbustas I've almost finished

xjK7y5t.jpg

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,546 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks

Well, as of last night I am officially green. Everything was completed for the train show last weekend, and I assembled the Blood Bowl miniatures over this week. The timing is good, as I now have a commissioned piece of an HO-scale Grain Elevator complex that will require some conversion work in the building of it. I am hoping to get started on that today, but it will be my primary threat for May...

• Mad Grot Docsnik and Mik McMok the Mek like this
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Well I'm out of time, so my threat is incomplete. I did finish those tankbustas though (they're in my main thread) so my total finished model count is 40 out of roughly 70. Painted to my highest standard yet and with new techniques. So that gives me an idea on what to aim for next time!

This has been pretty useful! Certainly helped get me out of bed on days I might have otherwise had a lie in and otherwise find time. And a better idea on how long it actually takes me to paint models.

victorpofa

victorpofa

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 399 posts
  • Army Name:Da Killy Karrs Speed Freeks

Color me green!  I started a new job, and had to paint up some Panzees earlier in the month for a game so time was running short.

Paint 6 Raptors - Done.

Bonus threat: Paint 1 Farseer, 10 Guardians, 6 Howling Banshees, 1 D-Cannon with 2 crew, 1 Fire Prism. - Done.

The Elder Party
Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '20
Why Settle For A Lesser Evil?

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts

I have officially gone down in flames although there was a near miracle... I got some of the boyz into the bed of the trukk and then I got hammered with other obligations and disasters, so I didn't get to finish. I will likely finish up tomorrow. Pic of what I got painted is finally up in the MG.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

i started the month well and got the Lootas and Burnas done so they are green. I then took a short break before finishing off the Stormboyz. I started back to them too little too late yesterday but havent even got them all base coated yet. I have remodelled some of them to have them flying though, and they are on bigger more stable bases. I'll have to finish them in May's challenge

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

Garr

Garr

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
I actually finished my threat!
  • skarnir likes this