Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Helicopter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,431 posts

Does anyone know of an Ork helicopter kit other than the chinork?  Not looking to convert.  Need to buy something off the shelf for a large game I am trying to organize at a convention.

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 559 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Ramshackle Games has a fairly servicable resin model.  Would just need the crew substituted for boyz.

987-large_default.jpg

"Parry the 6!"

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Being a builder/collector of plastic models, that was where my mind ( :? ) went to first. I feel helicopters to be inherently orky to begin with. All the other races have flyers with anti-grav/hover ability. Orks have a Rude Goldberg device that gets the job done, but looks as if it will fall front the sky at any second. Badfang Brassaxe built a group of Westland Wessex' (U.S. version: UH34 Choctaw) that featured some extensive modifications. The main feature was the adding of a toothy gob to the front of the Wessex. You could do this to any helicopter kit (including a Chinook ;)) quite easily. Add some patch panels, paint and you're done. :yes  The other thing that comes to mind is something even more orky, an autogyro! :thumbs Most kits are 1/72 scale, but the Williams brothers made one in 1/48. One is available on ebay at this moment. Again add some patch panels an orky gubbin or 2, and paint. Good luck!!

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts

More thoughts related to my previous post. I am guessing you want something: a. Reasonably priced; b. Available locally (Do you still have that giant hobby store in Buffalo?); c. Able to haul a squad of boyz.  :? Revell makes a 1/48 Bell UH-1C "Huey" gunship. Cheap ($14-$17), good size, open sides for the boyz, comes with some shootas & rokkits. :dakka 

P.S. Revell also makes a 1/32 UH-D ($20) which might be the best choice size wise (less dakka than the UH-1C). 

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,431 posts

Actually this is for something at Adepticon next year.  We will probably need at least 3 of them, maybe more.  In total we will probably end up with 9 regular Ork flyers and 3-6 other flying things for an aerial battle.  We are trying to avoid conversions.  They often don't travel as well, and our focus needs to be on getting all of them painted not on converting them.  

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Id go with looted other flyers and add the right gubbinz for ''warkopta'' status... I was actually thinking of using Dark panzee reavers and turn them into freebooterz ships and use as warkoptaz.. but they arent that great right now as transports it seems.... I put a hold on the purchase till i play test them in 8th. Although now at least they are dedicated transport choices and no longer fast attack slots

My two teef

TNO

"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 956 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

http://www.dustgame....p?sid=40&id=279

http://www.dustgame....p?sid=40&id=866

something like that?

prepainted in red ;)

http://www.dustgame....p?sid=40&id=435

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts

Why not just buy some Deffkoptas on eBay? :?