Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH! Gar 'Un Mek-Klaws WIP-athon

* * * * * 3 votes bloodaxe wip looted tank Looted tank Mek junka Blood axe ork Mekboy

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!

lifta.jpg

Finally finished the tracks on the lifta-droppa wagon, now only the exhaust stacks to finish and a base coat and it's ready for the big game next week.

kff.jpg

kff2.jpg

Also working on another KFF bigmekk for my other ork blob.

• Zagursnik, skarnir and Garr like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

haha--amazing lifta droppa - just a huge magnet! Perfect. The KFF node in the bottom picture almost looks like it juts out pretty far from the model (as in I would worry it would cause him to fall over) - or is the picture deceiving?

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 629 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I wish I could give something in the way of constructive criticism, but what can I say? I love that tank exactly as it is. At first the unconventional shape threw me a bit - it's not so much a turret as an extension of the hull. But the more I looked at it the more I just thought, "damn, that looks nasty!"
"Parry the 6!"

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts

haha--amazing lifta droppa - just a huge magnet! Perfect. The KFF node in the bottom picture almost looks like it juts out pretty far from the model (as in I would worry it would cause him to fall over) - or is the picture deceiving?

Nope, his KFF is massive but he's on a 40" base and his core is one of the old pewter minis pinned to the base so is very heavy and stable, the rod is brass and extend through all the plastic gubbinz and into the main section of the generator too.

I've already knocked him several times and even dropped the whole thing on the floor on one occasion (i don't know what the hell it is with me and dropping my boyz atm) and besides an arm off he was fine, now if only i could say the same for my stormboyz...

I wish I could give something in the way of constructive criticism, but what can I say? I love that tank exactly as it is. At first the unconventional shape threw me a bit - it's not so much a turret as an extension of the hull. But the more I looked at it the more I just thought, "damn, that looks nasty!"

Thanks, this build is actually getting on the be six months old, originally it was completely different with the main gun mounted much lower and to the left of the hull and an observation viewport to it's right but as it neared completion i decided i didn't like the way it had turned out and stripped it way back, literally to the undercarriage and rebuilt it from there.

As it turns out it was a good decision because now i'm really happy with it, i often joke that i accidentally made an Armageddon pattern basilisk.

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Zoggin' 'eck! Your work is inspiring! :?

Your vehicles look proper Orky and remind me of 'Rictus' (Recalcitant Daze) work! Good job, I'm definately following this! :thumbs

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts

Zoggin' 'eck! Your work is inspiring! :?

Your vehicles look proper Orky and remind me of 'Rictus' (Recalcitant Daze) work! Good job, I'm definately following this! :thumbs

Rictus' stuff is amazing and i have shamelessly stolen several of his ideas for some of my other tanks, last i checked though he was a bit disillusioned with the new codex and had given up playing Orks for the foreseeable future, which makes me a little sad (not that his renegade guard aren't amazing too though).
  • Big Mek Rekkcrasha likes this

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts

Minor update today, got the lifta-droppa and the bigmek with KFF up to the game-standard for my big Apocalypse battle next weekend so here's an expanded group shot:

20160428_073632.jpg

Also the only existing image of the lifta-droppa_v1 prior to being scrapped and rebuilt as the current lifta-droppa:

20150825_005048.jpg

I think the biggest problem i had with this design was the lifta-droppa was too big, was mounted too low and there wasn't any space to affix additional big shootas and the like, also in hindsight the Russ base without turrent was probably too small to be used as a battlewagon equivalent.

It was only very early on in the build that the first design was scrapped but i'm glad i did it now i've finished build v2.

• MuzzleKrumpah likes this

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Rictus' stuff is amazing and i have shamelessly stolen several of his ideas for some of my other tanks, last i checked though he was a bit disillusioned with the new codex and had given up playing Orks for the foreseeable future, which makes me a little sad (not that his renegade guard aren't amazing too though).

I've been following his blog for years, he has always been one of my biggest inspirations, I may have borrowed some of his ideas too! Yeah he's completely sold up now and started focusing on his resin casting, so will be interesting to see where that goes.

Anyhow great work, and seeing the way you've used the computer heat sink has given me a few ideas, so thanks!  :thumbs 

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
20160507_173143.jpg

Very rare full shot of WAAAGH! Mek-Klaw! From our recent apocalypse game.
  • Snarknit Grokguzz, skarnir, MuzzleKrumpah and 2 others like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

super impressive.  Needs more Boyz!!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,770 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Impressive builds (are the grot tanks scratched?), needs more paint :lol

• Garslag likes this

Deffrekka

Deffrekka

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Hand Smashaz

im.. im so jealous of your orky tanks  :crybaby wish i was that skilled with plasty card.. great job!!  :cheers

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts

Impressive builds (are the grot tanks scratched?), needs more paint :lol

Some are, in that pic only the left most one is totally scratch built but i have three more on the go that weren't ready in time, i'll post them up when finished.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, Waaagh Mek-Klaw! Made up about half the ork forces on the day and sdid themselves proud even though the game ended in a tie.

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa

Wow, I'm speechless!
That's a pretty amazing army you got going there...very well done mate!

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
Paintin' some shoota boyz for the May challenge, three more to go + finish the bossnob and i'm done early for a change!

20160519_101700.jpg
  • warhead01, Snarknit Grokguzz and MuzzleKrumpah like this

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
While i'm at it i don't think i ever posted my new warboss, not sure if this is a controversial statement or not but i hate the AOBR warboss so i set myself the challange of making him better using only my bitzbox and green stuff, i'm quite happy with the results.

20160519_101530.jpg

20160519_101538.jpg
  • Garr likes this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

Sigh. my orks always look so sloppy when I paint them - and It's not like I"m not being clean or neat...it's just they dont' look smooth - those boys above are really crisp, and smooth. Nice layering!

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
r7vspw.jpg

Converted a invisibility counter for dealing with pesky git psykers

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
20160602_135954.jpg

20160602_140012.jpg

Snakebite ork nob & waaagh banner testers for my new snakebite contingent.

Garr

Garr

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 206 posts
A bit of an update, firstly a brand new bigmek w/ kff:

20160610_142111.jpg

Secondly some snakebite orks w/ big squiggoth:

20160607_153644.jpg
  • MuzzleKrumpah likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloodaxe, wip, looted tank, Looted tank, Mek junka, Blood axe ork, Mekboy