Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Restarting my Orks

- - - - - Goffs Footsloggers Madboyz Nobz

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

The Battlewagon right now reminds me of Jabba's Sail barge - which is a good thing in my book!

Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 323 posts

ohh!  what a great idea for that battlewagon!   heh...methinks you've found the solution to a 'ard case AND 'open topped', simultaneously! 

Schulzy

Schulzy

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts

That new skin tone your doing looks phenomenal, its exactly what I'm looking to go for on my goffs. Is it death world forest > athonian camoshade > elysian green?

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Thanks for the comments everyone -- still working on the riveting at the moment, but I'll put something up here when that's all done and I've got the first coat of paint on it.

ohh!  what a great idea for that battlewagon!   heh...methinks you've found the solution to a 'ard case AND 'open topped', simultaneously! 

It's proppa Orky no-wats: something that both has a lid on and doesn't :)  But I can't take credit for the original idea; I borrowed (looted) it from Pirate Viking Painting

That new skin tone your doing looks phenomenal, its exactly what I'm looking to go for on my goffs. Is it death world forest > athonian camoshade > elysian green?

Thank you -- it's Deathworld Forest (well, an old pot of Gretchin Green) > Thraka (Biel-tan) Green wash > Athonian Camoshade wash > highlight with Deathworld Forest

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

A bit more progress on Da Big Red Wun: base colours are all in place, so now it's on to washing on detailing:

4NOPO1H.jpg

It's really more red than pink in real life...I can't get the colour balance quite right in GIMP. Here it is with the alternative Deff Roller....looks like that might get some use in the new edition of 40K!

HaDduAM.jpg

• warhead01, DocNuK, Orkimedez and 3 others like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I say add a few seats on the top deck, and a horizontal gold stripe/lightning flash. An orky version of the London double decker bus.  ;) Oi! Wait a minute; I've had an epiphany! An AEC Routemaster bus as the basis for a Battlewagon conversion, and they're red too. :biggrin I think someone made a kit of the double decker bus (Revell Germany?). :? Curses, no luck on ebay!  :scowl I'm not ready to let this idea go just yet. :yes Thanks for the inspiration Yara! :thumbs

• Oddztoof likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Slightly off topic. My apologies Yara. :blush I was correct, it was a Revell Germany kit. Prices on ebay & amazon range from $35.70 to $165.00. The cheap price is 27.50 pounds (and there are 2 available) in Burton upon Trent, East Staffordshire, U.K. Now the bad part, the kit is 1/24 scale. :bang For perspective, a 6' tall 'oomie in this scale is 76 mm; a newborn infant would be 18-20 mm. The model is 15" long, & 7" tall, and a weedy 4" wide! The kit would make for a large battle fortress, but would need much conversion just for raising the floors alone. I'll pass, but for those of you so inspired, the 2 in the U.K. are a bargain price. Again my apologies Yara for going off topic. :blush

P.S. There are blueprints online, I did download them, and I will be scratch building one in the future......on a smaller scale. :yes

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Slightly off topic. My apologies Yara. :blush I was correct, it was a Revell Germany kit. Prices on ebay & amazon range from $35.70 to $165.00. The cheap price is 27.50 pounds (and there are 2 available) in Burton upon Trent, East Staffordshire, U.K. Now the bad part, the kit is 1/24 scale. :bang For perspective, a 6' tall 'oomie in this scale is 76 mm; a newborn infant would be 18-20 mm. The model is 15" long, & 7" tall, and a weedy 4" wide! The kit would make for a large battle fortress, but would need much conversion just for raising the floors alone. I'll pass, but for those of you so inspired, the 2 in the U.K. are a bargain price. Again my apologies Yara for going off topic. :blush

P.S. There are blueprints online, I did download them, and I will be scratch building one in the future......on a smaller scale. :yes

No need to apologise -- very pleased to have inspired you. Looking forward to the scratchbuild :)

My own dubble dekka is finished. It's taken a while but here it is. First of all with deff rolla and the top down:

H00Y7nZ.jpg

And then the reinforced ram and the complete top deck:

1e4zwoS.jpg

DNzv03c.jpg

A closer looks at the top deck. I was particularly pleased to get the two halves to line up and be at the same level:

Invkqq2.jpg

As an aside, I note that this log has fallen foul of Photobucket's new image sharing policy. I will go back at some point and redo all the posts with the same images shared from somewhere else. Just need to get some time to do it....

• DocNuK, Giganotosaurus and Jurand like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Wow. A lick of paint had really tied this baby together. It wasn't doing much fior me in the wip pix, but now... very cool. And very fresking solid!
"Parry the 6!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Goffs, Footsloggers, Madboyz, Nobz