Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Restarting my Orks

- - - - - Goffs Footsloggers Madboyz Nobz

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,769 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I thought I'd do something with the Bad Moon Nobz I posted at the beginning of the thread. As Ork shooting is really not that effective, I decided to use some left-over bits to augment their close-combat abilities:

Hopefully I'll get the chance to start start painting again soon.....

Nobz with shootaz isn't a popular option - now if they could have Snazz Gunz or Big Shootaz  :dakka

The poses you've got look good for straight pik'n'mix  :thumbs and they don't nag as much with paint on 'em  :biggrin

greggles

greggles

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,487 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

The combi-skorcha's on the nobz are usually pretty good (though expensive (adds up)).  Because they aren't SnP like the meganobz, whoever assaults them is going to get by D3 heavy flamers per nob (or can do the single shot drive by flamer fest).  Though a burna wagon will kill almost anything, throwing out 6 heavy flamers usually accomplishes the same thing.

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Sorry it's been so long -- moving house really cut into my hobby time, and after days spent painting cornices I've found it hard to summon up the enthusiasm to paint miniaures.

I still have those Nobs to finish, but (as usual) I've been distracted along the way by something else. I'm painting Goffs, and I want them to be led by the biggest, badest Goff of them all: Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka. The only trouble is I don't really like the model...he looks to much like Evil Edna from Willo the Wisp to me. So I've decided to build my own, inspired by other people work such as  http://www.warseer.c...ured-Centurions and http://www.irondogst...om_JBorks1.html.

Here's a WIP:

ikYwouV.jpg

There's a lot to do yet. He'll have an iron jaw and I want to make him look less wasp-waisted for starters...

• Itinerate Ork, Giganotosaurus and Lucio like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 240 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I really like the look of this conversion. :yes The orky bitz really change the figure's appearance. Luv da boss pole! :love I checked out your inspirational links (thank you), and I have to say that Irondog is always a good source for ideas (I've looted a few). :thumbs I can't wait to see where you go with this. :yes

P.S. The GW Ghazghkull doesn't do it for me either. Instead of the dedd 'ardest ork in the universe, he looks like a "clanking, clattering, caliginous pile of junk" from the dregs of someone's bitz box. :puke

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

I really like the look of this conversion. :yes The orky bitz really change the figure's appearance. Luv da boss pole! :love I checked out your inspirational links (thank you), and I have to say that Irondog is always a good source for ideas (I've looted a few). :thumbs I can't wait to see where you go with this. :yes

P.S. The GW Ghazghkull doesn't do it for me either. Instead of the dedd 'ardest ork in the universe, he looks like a "clanking, clattering, caliginous pile of junk" from the dregs of someone's bitz box. :puke

Cheers, Giganotosaurus. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who dislikes the "official" model!

Ironically, the one thing I'm not sure about is the boss pole. I think it's too tall, so I was planning to cut it down in the final assembly (a glimpse behind the curtain: the model's not actually glued together in that photo, rather he's balanced precariously and is now back in his box pending glueing). What do you think about the height of the pole?

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 240 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I like the height of the boss pole as it is. :love This is Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka after all, and he needs a tall boss pole! :yes Perhaps adding a banner, or several small ones, would help? :? In the end, it is your figure, so do what you like. :thumbs

P.S. Thanks for the "glimpse behind the curtain." I'll try not to pay attention to the man. ;)

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 634 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts

This is going to be an awesome collection of nobz.  I need to slap some paint on mine as well.  This is some inspiration.

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts

Very promising start on the conversion - I hadn't seen the linked models before but this is a great idea. I'll be curious to see what you do to fill in the details. It's kind of neat to keep it at a point where it references the centurion but at the same time you want it to be an ork model.

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Big Mek Rekkcrasha

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Looty Boyz

Some nice Orks here man, I really like the old school feel you've captured.  :thumbs

Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die, so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

Steals it and paint it BLOO

Click the link to view and follow my Blog: - Big Mek Rekkcrasha's Mekshop

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Thanks everybody for the encouragement. Progress is slow but I'm getting there :) !

I've finally finished the Ghazghkull conversion:

yeQ0dOP.jpg

He is, fittingly, a monster:

NAbK3HP.jpg

Just a Mek and a Dread to build and then I will have built all the Ork models I own, and I can start painting....

• warhead01, Zagursnik and Giganotosaurus like this

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Finally got round to finishing those Nobz:

K4sQCu8.png

Next I'm going to move onto repainting some Boyz from Bad Moons to Goffs so these guys have got something to bully, and then I'll see what grabs my attention after that. Perhaps a Dread?

• Biv, warhead01, Dim_Reapa and 2 others like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 324 posts

that's a fantastic paint job on the nobz!!!  congrats!

Kitbasha

Kitbasha

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts

I really love the character you've infused into these models. Really looking forward to seeing what else you have in store!

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!

Finally got round to finishing those Nobz:

nobz-done_zps57gwcexm.png

Next I'm going to move onto repainting some Boyz from Bad Moons to Goffs so these guys have got something to bully, and then I'll see what grabs my attention after that. Perhaps a Dread?

I absolutely love your painting style.

Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Thanks everybody for the comments. Progress continues to be slow but I'm dipping back into the Orks when the motivation strikes me. I thought I'd do a quick repaint job on the Nobz from the first post to bring them in line with the ones I've painted more recently:

9PnFpHU.jpg

I only repainted the skin and armour, but I think it's made a big difference. I think it shows that these are the 2 most important parts of the model!

I'm working on repainting the other 2 with shootas. I've taken the arms off them and replaced them with Big Choppas so there's a bit more to do (mainly on the fronts of their bodies). They're turning out to be basically a repaint from scratch.....

• Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Now that I've completed a good few Nobs, I think they need something to get them around the place a bit faster. No schlepping across the battlefield for them:

3I8RA0F.jpg

Early days yet but in the end I'm aiming for something like this battlewagon from Pirate Viking Painting with a top-deck fighting platform. Given that it will be painted red, I think it should be called a Dubble Dekka....

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

So after a bit of a hiatus I find myself returning to the Dubble Dekka. The top platform is now structurally complete and I'm working on the detailing:

aLx84iy.png

I've kept the rear portion unattached so I can remove it if I fancy a different look:

6RJgzu3.png

The ram on the front is magnetised too, just in case deff rollers ever come back into fashion. With the imminent arrival of 8th Ed, though, who knows what might happen....

This is my first major piece of large-scale plasticard work and I'm pleased with how it looks so far. Not looking forward to the riveting though!

• Mad Grot Docsnik, chaoshead87, KillFalcon and 1 other like this

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Some progress: the walls and floor at the back are finished. I need to put a barrier at the front still, and I think the side-plates need more detail too.

XkoSvTE.jpg

• DocNuK, chaoshead87 and Giganotosaurus like this

Yara

Yara

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts

Top structure is now complete -- next thing is the riveting...

A2bLZ4C.jpg

• det, GreenHead, Mad Grot Docsnik and 6 others like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Very clever use of bitz! This is going to look awesome when fully kitted out.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Goffs, Footsloggers, Madboyz, Nobz