Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dood515's Vehicle Log!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Boomsprocket's redpants reaverz

;)

Look in the 1st image and you see a big hole. That could be used to hold troops... Or as an ammo room diorama!

Orks is made fer fightin and gettin shot up before dey gets ter klose kombat... :crybaby

-Big Mek Boomsprocket

Fight the prices, sign this petition: https://www.change.o...tures/u/8516714

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts
  • Army Name:Kogbasha's Trakkboyz

@Big_Mek_Boomsprocket - That hole's covered by the back panel and worky bits as shown in all the other pictures ;)

Here's the start of the turret. It's the base end of a basilisk gun. The leman russ cannon's were too weedy for my likin' and this one was broken anyway ...

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

• warhead01 and Magus Gar Kan like this
One of the many reasons why orks are more fun to play; Bosspoles:

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

QUOTE (Oddballz @ Dec 8 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

I seem to have started a blog: http://therustywartr...blogspot.co.uk/

goblin3003

goblin3003

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Black Att Brigandz
Dood nice plasticard work. I am screaming out these two pieces of advice:

1- loose the symmetry. Build over one side of the tracks, do something odd and wacky to one side and not the other. It breaks up the regular shape and adds 1000 ork points.

2- build a ram. An ugly, oversized ram that partly extends across the front width of the tracks. Take cutters to your bits box or make neat from plasticard. They add orky flavour like tusks and teef, and if you do start playing they are essential vehicle upgrades!

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps

Love the build!!

As goblin said, a nice big, oversized and assimetrical ram could be very nice IMHO.

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Thanks guys! Means alot!

I don't fancy buildin' right over one of the tracks but I've fancied a ram on him for a while ... though about using the vindicator one but opted for scratchin' one up.

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Couple of rhino doors and some spikes off one of the old chimera rams and voila!

IMG_1920.jpg

Still need to detail the turret ....

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

So like any self-respecting Mek ..... I started something else before the first one was finished! A Gunwagon! I've loved that old forgeworld model since I saw and I've been thinkin' a pair of mk1 rhino tracks would work pretty easily as a basis for one so I went ahead!

One ebay find and a few layers of paint and superglue later ...

IMG_1926.jpg

MOCKUP::::::

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

WIth google as my only reference I thought I'd be able to find a profile shot of one o' these wagons but even so I can tell the front cab's gonna be quite a bit bigger than the forgeworld model's and I haven't a clue how I'm gonna make the engine .... I haven't the werky bitz I thought I had.

To do list stands at:

- engine

- plating

- details

- possible crew member/gunner

Trials and tribulations welcome!

goblin3003

goblin3003

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Black Att Brigandz

Ram looks good ;)

After painting the metal you can model grot crew running about on the roof. That would add even more character.

You can also add some large exhaust pipes jutting from the back.

Gunwagon is a good start there. 

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I like the off-center turret and your solution for the placement of the big shoota and the plow.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Right then, close enough to a year later and I picked the ol' boomwagon off the shelf!

Added more rivets where rivets should be and considered a few (tamiya?) barrels for exhausts.

20150507_225956.jpg

----------------------------------

20150507_230100.jpg

----------------------------------

20150507_225944.jpg

It's looking a bit too neat and well-balanced. Someone suggested building over one of the tracks to make it very assymetrical but I didn't like that idea, any suggestions ? :?

5a3ce5c7-f946-4bd5-953c-9fb74dc928a4.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE: Sad to see what happened to the site and the loss of some great threads by some great people, I hope THE WAAAGH! can continue and grow back to it's old size and popularity! I'll be sure to post if and when I get any more done. My inner mek is back ... must be the new MAD MAX film I'll be seein' next week. Don't you miss it orkfans!

• skarnir and greggles like this

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Lack of inspiration on the gunwagon has led to another project bein' started .... (renamed the thread too) ... (ok, the new Mad Max might have had something to do with the new project :search)

Got some nice big wheels from a toy at work and started a truck!

20150520_224832.jpg

Bonnet and cab look rough as mork at the moment but it should come together - Kogbasha himself and mekboy barry -

20150520_224844.jpg

Sat next to my nearly-stock truck he looks a good size so far :biggrin

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

update before bed:

Lookin' at the pictures after I posted I just couldn't deal with how weedy that windscreen was so this happened.

20150521_003437.jpg

20150521_011821.jpg

Much better eh?

Cheers

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR
Cool, I like your progress keep up the work, old skarnir will be keepin an eye on your build log.

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:The Industral Strength WAAAAGH

On the boomwagon and trying to deal with the symmetry problem: if you haven't glued the turret down yet, maybe raise it up just high enough to put a bit of coverage on the tracks and to make sure the cannon has clearance.  Not all the way across, more like halfway.  And just enough front coverage to mount two different headlights.

Having that bit of overhang over the tracks would let you put some stowage there (generic tank stuff, like tools and canvass) and break up that vast expanse of tracks. 

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

@Skarnir: Thanks, and glad to hear it!

@KNW: The turret does look a bit too close to the hull right now ... Stowage would be a good way to take the eye off all the tracks ... although I want I keep them revealed the whole way round (not track guards/shields) I'll think about stowage when I next work on him.

The next idea I'm kickin' around is buildin' a turret bolted on the side of the main one, with flimsy-lookin' legs holding it on :? A little like the shoulder-mounted stompa one.

PICTURES:

The truck cab got some details:

20150524_180459_1.jpg

The wheel arches bolted themselves onto the engine bay:

20150524_221248.jpg

... then I spent waaaay too long lookin' at Irondog's trucks to leave my axels as the  :bleep sprue ones I usually do .....

20150524_220955.jpg

Cut the leaf springs off the front of the frame, made up some strengthening brackets, and repositioned them further out front to where I wanted the axel:

20150524_230222.jpg

EDIT: The bar at the front WILL be recieving a support, yaknow so the springs actually look like they work :blush

Which, in terms of runnin' over weedy gits, looks like this:

445f5ddd-2c4f-4dad-a48a-ca2672c64d28.jpg

I'm savin' the grille as a bit of a treat to myself ... It's easy to lose patience, makin' axels and suspension for the first time ...

Last picture is what the stance should look like when I get the rear suspension finished (plus gearbox, driveshaft, and diff)

20150525_000222.jpg

- Thanks for lookin'

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

So at risk of gettin' stomped for threadomancy ...

I started lookin' at the boomwagon again it just looks too neat and sensible.

Still not sure if I want to put any track guards on but if I can find some I-beam rod I'll look to start on that turret I mentioned.

What I've done so far is give the hull a bit more height, with the idea of adding some 'blocks' at the back with grilles and worky bitz for an engine,

then some nice big exhausts hanging out. (trying to find a heat gun and a decent source of plastic tubing for that)

IMG_20170717_184607.jpg

IMG_20170720_235310.jpg

Second picture shows what I want to do with it, a nice big banner would help throw off the low, stable, look of the thing right now.

(pictures hosted by photobucket, as they don't seem to be screwing me around yet)

Cheers!