Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dood515's Vehicle Log!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts
  • Army Name:Kogbasha's Trakkboyz

After a while away from the hobby, I've been feelin' orky, and by that I've been feeling Mekky!

I'm 2 rulebooks behind now so only time will tell if I bother to start playing again ... but here's the start of the mekboss' new tank!

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Started off with some old chimera tracks (from one of the old part-metal hellhounds), managed to pry 'em open and double 'em up for that fatboy look.

Tore the horrible lumps off the sides and bolted on some metal plates.

It's my first time makin' me own tracks so hopefully they'll look alright with a little bit of detail added to each one ...

Here's the basic mockup of the shape::::::::

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

My only issue for now is how to mount the turret ... I've got a box of beakie bits on the way, including a number of razorback back hatches, I'd strike a guess they're the same size as the BW turret?

Comments and moanins' welcome.

One of the many reasons why orks are more fun to play; Bosspoles:

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

QUOTE (Oddballz @ Dec 8 2009, 11:02 AM) *
I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

I seem to have started a blog: http://therustywartr...blogspot.co.uk/

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgutz Blud Axe Freebooterz

You could do with either less gap between the hull and turret, or bulk the gap out with something.

Otherwise a perfectly fine start for an old model.  Just go where your imagination takes you!

My current Ork Deffwing project Deffwing
My Ork Album Blood Axes

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

So I completed tread set #1 !

IMG_1869.jpg

Quite chuffed, doesn't look half bad to me ... or it won't when it's painted.

@the 1st pip - thanks, like I said in the first post, the turret is just in a mockup. I'm waiting on a box o' bits to fit it to the hull. I plan on bulking up where it fits, or slotting it lower, in the hull somehow :)

"Roight ladz!, Barry's dead, an' if you don't kill dat fing Steve's dead too, alroight!!?"

I like my armies to have proppa guns, tracks and wheels, and not gribbly appendages with veins and orifices.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Personally I quite like the look of the turret, it looks vaguely like an orky version of a WW2 Bishop - Centaur tank chassis with a turreted 25pdr field gun bodged on top  http://www.google.co...iw=1029&bih=680

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Little bit late for startin' the other tracks so I thought I'd get some plating done. Whilst I'm making my own tracks, why not give rivetting a proper go too?

Not sure which picture would come out best:

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

DarkTalon

DarkTalon

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grabnutz

Love the plates! might i suggest adding some rivets to the tracks as well?

You can teach a robot how to dance, but you can't teach a pair of shorts how to pants.

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

@DarkTalon - Thanks! After rivetting the plates the tracks did look a little bare didn't they?

IMG_1877.jpg

Took a rivet gun to the tracks and replaced the plates on the side with some of my own, which I think look more consistent and better overall :)

IMG_1880.jpg

Now to start on the other trackks ....

DarkTalon

DarkTalon

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts

Now that's proppa!  Also, your meks must enjoy playing with the rivet gun, those plates shouldn't get knocked off too easy! :)

You can teach a robot how to dance, but you can't teach a pair of shorts how to pants.

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Progress! Rather than working on the other tracks like I should have done, I did something more exciting and built up the hull for a big shoota mount.

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

.... aaaand bits!

IMG_1888.jpg

Notable haul:

- 11 razorback top hatches

- vindicator plow construct ( I think it's complete! )

- vindicator cannon with cannon surround + front armour plate to fit it to (plus 2 thirds of another cannon)

- several rhino top hatch doors

- several rhino and landraider style doors

- 8 or so tank hatches

- missiles

- worky panels

@DarkTalon - Thanks :)

Might get round to them damn tracks now ...

• urluck likes this

Sprocket Ratchetswinga

Sprocket Ratchetswinga

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
  • Army Name:Sprocket's Junkers

Put some glyphs on that, like the symbols and such. Nice and ramshackled tho! Add that screen on top with like a grot of something working on a firing pattern or something. Thats a prime piece and could add a little story

Edited: I cant word

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts

I do like the gun mount, and the tracks look very nice.

My Ork Album Blood Axes

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

@the 1st pip - Cheers!

Got the other tracks done ... not as good as the first set but they'll have to do as I ain't startin' again:

IMG_1900.jpg

I added a bit more to the hull too, to tie all the plating together and make it look less like bits were just tacked ontop.

Probably the most plasticard work I've done and I'm pretty happy with it so far ...

Comments and moanin' welcome!

DarkTalon

DarkTalon

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts

Just remember, paint does ALOT to a model as well, don't fret small differences! :)

Skullwhompa

Skullwhompa

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Skullwhompa

Looks really good so far, and I totally intend to loot your track idea.

Honor is bulletproof.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz

You can still tell its a chimera at the base but you're really making it your own :thumbs

I like the little big shoota mount at the front, and the extra detailing on the tracks really adds a lot to them.

How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

Scoutfox

Scoutfox

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Wamp Gataz
I like the direction your build is taking. Where did you get all those tanks bits? That is quite the haul.

For not really doing plasticard work you are off to a fine start. Try and ding up the edges a bit first and add scratches and bullet holes before you add them to the wagon. Just take a sharp scalpel and cut a but off the edges of each piece, sometimes knocking a corner off so they aren't all perfect squares and rectangles. Then take a file and scrap a hard edge across the plates. For bullet holes I just dig my file through the plasticard in a twisting motion, and scrap up the entrance.

the 1st pip

the 1st pip

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 391 posts

What Alienerd said!

There is no moaning, it looks really good.  It looks like it was knocked together, but still retains the shape of a Chimera.

Good job!

My Ork Album Blood Axes

dood515

dood515

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 302 posts

Update!

@Sprocket Ratchetswinga - Thanks! Not quite following all of what you said but I tried include a few little glyphs as I don't have any of the normal square ones left and didn't feel like making any ... I might make a 'mast' though with a nice big glyph on it, if I feel like it.

@DarkTalon - I hope so! Haven't painted in a while and might try something a little different to my usual techniques this time.

@Skullwhompa - Thanks alot! The track idea isn't one of mine, as some of the veterens here will most likely happily tell you, it's been done for a while, I looted the idea from lookin' through DA OILA'z BLOOPRINTZ

@Alienerd - Thanks! :) I'm quite proud of the surround for the BS and glad I added the track details too.

@Scoutfox - Thankyou! I bought two 'job lots' off ebay for about 12 quid each, that one, and another with leman russ barrels and basilisk barrels and all sorts ... which I'm waiting on so I can complete this build. I have dinged up the plates it just doesn't show up well with my inferior camera skills.

@the 1st pip - Cheers!

What people want to see ... pictures! ::::

IMG_1902.jpg

The structure of the top / back. Razorback top hatch with a COD pole for support and that chimera/basilisk plate before more platicard some werky bitz.

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

Also, finished plating up the other trackside.

so all that's left is the turret which will likely be the battlewagon one with with a russ or similar turret for me BOOMgun.

Comments and whatnots welcome!

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Big_Mek_Boomsprocket

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Boomsprocket's redpants reaverz

I like it! You gonna pt anything in the hole on the back, or make it a sort of cavern for your troops to ride in?

Orks is made fer fightin and gettin shot up before dey gets ter klose kombat... :crybaby

-Big Mek Boomsprocket

Fight the prices, sign this petition: https://www.change.o...tures/u/8516714

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz

I like it! You gonna pt anything in the hole on the back, or make it a sort of cavern for your troops to ride in?

so all that's left is the turret which will likely be the battlewagon one with with a russ or similar turret for me BOOMgun.

;)

• dood515 likes this
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?