Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Not busy no more so more pics :thumbs . DSCN0648.jpg DSCN0650.jpg DSCN0654.jpg DSCN0655.jpg DSCN0659.jpg DSCN0664.jpg DSCN0670.jpg DSCN0674.jpg DSCN0676.jpg DSCN0677.jpg DSCN0679.jpg DSCN0682.jpg
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Wow. I just realized somefing. I can't spot an unpainted ork anywhere in these pics!
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
Unpainted troops should all get a -1 to their leadership.....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Even more pics :thumbs . DSCN0684.jpg DSCN0685.jpg DSCN0687.jpg DSCN0689.jpg DSCN0691.jpg DSCN0692.jpg DSCN0693.jpg DSCN0694.jpg DSCN0695.jpg DSCN0697.jpg DSCN0701.jpg DSCN0700.jpg I must say fun was had all round. It was good to finally meet some of you lot in person.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

danscan

danscan

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 0 posts
  • Army Name:Imperial Guard
Posted Image
Fred may not be alone next year. I have bigger and smaller one in the works. I may need a bigger car to get them to the shop though. Damn you chaos gods (or is it my wife and her french hand-bag habit) for using up my funds on non-gaming needs.

But if you guys want to come get some...............

I am always up for another apoc game. I now live near the gamers realm so let me know.

It was a great day and it was nice to have the hummies manage not to get torn to shreds.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Wow. I just realized somefing. I can't spot an unpainted ork anywhere in these pics!

Yerh, I had a good check about the room over the course of the day. The defender of Ork Town had a mob of unpainted boys and I think Hakbash pulled out some unpainted 2nd Ed. Goffs to fill out his 450 boy green tide. That was the sum total of all what was unpainted in the 120K points worth of Orks that attended. The scumgrods were not so picky about what they put on the table. Maybe we do need a morale modifier for unpainted models...

I am always up for another apoc game. I now live near the gamers realm so let me know.

Really? There might be an impromptu smallish Apoc game this Sunday.

it was nice to have the hummies manage not to get torn to shreds.

Hur hur hur.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
OK I admit it. I had 30 unpainted 2nd ed Goffz in my green tide, they were the first to die in the first turn. Next year they will be painted and the green tide will be 500 models. Only way to be proppa...they all have choppas. Next year we will have a points limit per person to make it easier for each player. Something like 1-5k, no FOC, you may include as many apoc formations or superheavies as will fit within the points limit. Dakka Bu and myself at the end of the table had combined over 50k between the two of us. That is alot of Orks. With the imperial players out numbering the Orks we will have to do some points juggling, so I'm thinking we will bring out an extra 1-5k each. That should give us some flexiblility. I like to see all the toys comming out for ORKFEST. I dont like to limit how much you can bring out for the game. WAAAGH! da ORKFESTs
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz

Scarpia not only did I finish off that crashed Panzie tank terrain piece, I also got some of your ladz out on the field.
Though being that they are weedy lootaz they were to busy looking for scrap rather than getting stuck in.

I'm going to have to make some repairs on them, seems the glue has given up on some of them, and none of the bases are weighted. After a little work they will be up for some proppa krumpin. :cheers

WAAAGH! da weedy nickin lootin Deff Skullz

I saw that in Rabtar's excellent pictures - looks exactly how I was planning it, I'm glad you were able to work around the rough draft I had in place. Those poor boys of mine....it was probably a good thing they finally got out of the basement.

I have to say the only thing better than seeing a bunch of my old stuff in action, would have been being there to krump with'em. Looks like a great event!
meh.

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
It did look like a great event. I really wish I could have been there instead of getting a large needle put in my back but hey we all have fun in our own special ways. Anyway I am a little concerned that I didn't see the Yamato there so hopefully it is not lost to the warp. Well Hakbash i fthings with me take a turn for the worse I'll make sure to put the Iron Squiggoth in my will to send to you for safe keeping. I do hope to make it out there next year or at least that is the plan. It was great to see all the wonderful orky stuff.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
I'm glad everyone had fun and seeing all that painted ork stuff is just awesome. Thank you all for the pictures.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
Maybe next year we can arm our Orks with painbrushes and the objective can be to slap paint on the imperial tanks! I think close to 100% of the orks were painted which is always good luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
I'm going to have to say this was the best ORKFEST to date. A few changes for next year will make things a little easier, like a points limit, more of my Imperial buildings done, and an ORKFEST T-shirt as a door prize instead of the prize raffle [That way everyone gets something special]. I still want to do the crashed Ork landa as an objective, Orky battleship, Ork tank factory, and fix up the dakka dakka gargant. But in reality only a few of these ambitious projects will actually ever get finished. Morfang I think the iron squiggoth was the star player for this mega-game, everyone there couldn't stop praiseing its workmanship or its ded ard killy factor. The Imperials were so afraid of it they couldn't stop shooting at it. It is an awesome piece of work and I'd be honored to loot er I mean take care of it for you. This was probrobly the most Kroosa builds ever at a waaagh event. One of these days we gotta get Kroosa himself out for a game, only way to be proppa is to have the man behind the mayhem actually get to play too. I missed my regulars like Sproston, Nosher, and Scarpia. The gitz who have been around since the first ORKFEST. MTD and GM also were missed. The real reason behind these games isn't the mega-game itself, it is getting together with youre mates and socializing. I hope we can do it every year and have a bigger turnout next time around. It was a real treat for me to get to meet another Goff player. Rabtar is a right proppa git, the only git besides Dakka Bu to get more kill points than ole Hakbash. Heck between the three of us we racked up well over 100 kill points in destroyed skumgrod units, just totally over the top. Scary thing was I only lost 1 kill point from my army. Brutal. WAAAGH! da ORKFEST musings
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Urz

Urz

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Allenwood, Wall Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey. America
  • Army Name:Deathwing, Order of St. Amelia, Imperial Customs
Great orkfest citizens. While my arbites are currently unpainted and small in number, next year I should be able handle a much larger riot. That being said, it took 80 adeptus arbites to kill Griff. And then I took them off the field to avoid wasting time. They were surrounded by hackbash's burnas. Big thanks to Dakabu (for getting me to come to orkfest in the firstplace), to our imperial commander (don't know your name, but you must come to the JSHC), Madgrot for being the ork commander, and an extra big thanks to Hakbash for putting on the show. PS: Pictures coming soon thanks to saint Amelia, my sister and witchhunter.
Citizen, remain calm.

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan
I have already decided that next year my goal is to bring Da Deathwok Klan to join the Greenskin side in a proppa fashion. I just need to paint them all. I figure I'll have a modest army by then, but thus far all I've painted is my Warboss (Landokmar), Big Mek(Krevlornswath), some Lootas and about a dozen boys. I figure it will take me a while to get it all done but this awesome event has inspired me to get working on my Waagh!

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz

A few changes for next year will make things a little easier, like a points limit, more of my Imperial buildings done, and an ORKFEST T-shirt as a door prize instead of the prize raffle [That way everyone gets something special].

Although I didn't get a chance to do it this year, next year I'm going to make flashy, ork based laminated sheets so all the skumgrods won't have to do book flippin' everytime a supa 'eavy gets shot at.
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

Muskie

Muskie

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 236 posts
  • Army Name:Waarrgh Musk
Didn't the other team have to paint their figs? I see primer and plastic on the Beakies, the fish'ead, etc. etc. Don't they have any pride?
My more famous army is the Diseased Sons. My new hobby blog has pics of green skins old and new if you dig a little.

Muskie

Muskie

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 236 posts
  • Army Name:Waarrgh Musk
I like the Star fleet command centre crewed with orks.
My more famous army is the Diseased Sons. My new hobby blog has pics of green skins old and new if you dig a little.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,333 posts
Dakka Bu good idea ya lootin git. We could use the cheat sheets. :cheers Muskie got me finkin, which aint gud...... UNPAINTED MINIS!!! Skumgrodz don't got any pride...I can't figure out why. The only reason I can come up with is they have green envy. They aint green so they aint proppa...so why bother paintin anyfing if you aint proppa. Dis just proves wot I've been sayin all along...skumgrodz is weedy gitz who aint proppa. ;) Sadly this is a common thing at mega-games. Maybe we should come up with a new rule. Special rule, ORKFEST VII; GREEN ENVY "Boss we're surrounded by gray skumgrodz....we're all gonna die..." Warboss gives the git a good solid kick and replies. "Don't worry about a fing ya zogger, thems just da spirits of da skumgrodz cuz der lost in da warp or sumfing, now git back to lootin." Any minis not painted to minimum standards ie bases painted/flocked and mini covered in at least 3 colors are counted as incoporeal. Incoporeal models cannot shoot or assault enemy models, they do not block line of sight, they offer no cover saves to any units, and they cannot hold objectives. In addition once an incorporeal unit is shot at or assaulted it is removed as a casualty, no die rolls are needed. WAAAGH! da special rules will fix em

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,748 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
:lol Perfect! Ya know, it's the biggest single game event of the year anywhere on the East Coast (anyone care to debate that?). Even GW doesn't put 100K points a side on the table. You would think that that alone would be enough to induce people to bring their A game.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan
I don't believe in unpainted models. If I field something unpainted it means I had to borrow something. It takes something away from things. Look at this epic battle with awesome terrain, some amazing models and then a barren field of grey plastic. Of course this philosophy may be why my Ork army won't be seeing the table anytime soon seeing I have a warboss, Big Mek and less then 30 boys done.