Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
Hard to see in these pictures (maybe) but Rabtar had the honours of killing Earth's very own, Zzap Branigan!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Pics. The important one: Those Who Were There
Posted Image
Front Row: nkelsch, dakkabu, rabtar, jackdoud
Second Row: George (sorry dunno yer screen name, mate), Hakbash, Bagahammaz, Snogrot Beakie Basha, frgsinwntr, burad
Back Row: Urz, Jonathan (never knew yours dude), Mad Grot Docsnik

That's 13 ladz of da Waaagh, a new record. Prior was 11. Thanks for showing up guys!

More pics here. Write-up to follow.

We had 31 players attend. On our side were 11 Orks and 2 spikey boyz. There were 18 scumgrods across the table. Total points... well that's hard to say. The scumgrods fielded roughly 120,000. If you counted everything the Orks owned it came up to about that. We were heavily outnumbered but managed to fight to a draw at any rate.

It was great to meet first-timers nkelsch and burad, up from MD. And a special thanks to rabtar for that extra-long journey he made to be part of this insanity. Cheers to the ladz from the Jersey Shore Hobby Center for coming out en force. I think there were 10 of them all told even though only a couple are Waaagh members and only one plays Orks.

And, of course, many many thanks to Hakbash for organizing yet another spectacular Orkfest.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And as a special treat, some of our greenskin brothers got beat by...

Posted Image

Posted Image

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
To finish up, I have to say this was one of the most viscious Orkfest to date and we did not come out ahead as we normally do due to frgnswinter's generalship of the Imperial side (why we gave them one of the most cunnin' orks to lead them I'll never know). It was a very dynamic battlefield this year, and both our side and the enemy were able to swamp over to the opposing ends of the table. Everyone who attended got a special sneaky objective on top of the normal objectives. All in all, it was a great time. Some noticeable differences this year was the exclusion of the two super titans duking it out. Instead, this time they got deployed far enough away from each other that the two bullied enemy infantry instead (the imperial titan having Jackdoud in his vision scopes, and Bad Gob had an array of Sisters, fish'ead, Beakies, and Guard). I think this was more fun for both players as they racked up on kills very quickly. Having deployed over 50 vehicles myself, and setting up next Hakbash, I can confirm the lack of deployment space for both of us. In turn four we still had most of our infantry off the table and the enemy had been squarely pushed back behind their lines. The appearance of 80 Arbiters (BoLS army list) on our flanks proved to give us something to play with later on, though. Those guys are viscious against infantry! My stompa blew up spectularly on turn one due to chain reactions up the wazoo, killing a swath of about a 100 orks off Hakbash's green tide. Depressingly for the enemy, Hakbash didn't even notice the loss of so much boyz at all. I did end up sending Snikrot and his sneak boys to help Nkelsh at one point, but it turned to be more of kind gesture than an effective one. While he did blow up a whirlwind on the turn he showed up, being surrounded by three more, two land raiders, an assault squad and several terminators turned out to be a very suicidal maneauvre indeed. Rabtars dominated his table from what I could tell, and only the bad luck that the brain boyz decided he couldn't break down the doors of the cathedral wall stopped him from sending his stompa mob after the imperial Titan fred. Still, he killed Zzap Branigan, and pretty much everything inbetween. MTD, General Malaise, Ein, and the rest of youz waaaghers that didn't show, up you were certainly missed! We'll send the kommandoz earlier next year to kidnap ya lot. All the waaaghers that showed, it was great seeing you! If I missed you, I apologize. It was a very busy evening. Nkelsh and Rabtar, your armies are very impressive in person. Uploading a video atm showcasing several Krooza builds together, plus a few other scratchbuilds with commentary from Rabtar and myself.

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
In a couple of the posts above it shows a curious egg-shaped metal colored stompa. Can anybody tell me about that one?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
It's one of Rabtar's. The link below will send you to a video where you can hear him explaining it. :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A2GCO4B4

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
I'm not sure I've fully recovered yet. This was the best ORKFEST so far and the fun meter was way off the scale. First off I'd like to thank everyone who came out or contributed in some way without the team effort involved these mega-games wouldn't be possible. The staff at the store, the players, and especially my two aides for the event Mad Grot and Frgsnwntr all top notch in my book. I'd like to add that even though he couldn't make it out General Malaise donated the main trophy for the event the sub we raffled off. It was won by a beakie player who proclaimed he is converting to a greenskin because of the cool submersible he won. :cheers I had 13k of Goffz....BAD GOB and 400 boy green tide FTW. [Next year I'm going to run a 500 boy tide] The skumgrods shot up well over 50 boyz in the first turn alone....I didnt even notice. Termies, beakies, landspeeders, and kroot were just speed bumps for da boyz...a beakie librarian slowed em down for a few turns but in the end the ladz were all the way across the table firmly taking any and all objectives in their path. WAAAGH!!!!!!! Good to meet you gitz. Burad doesn't look like his avatar, Nkelish is easy to pronounce once ya try to say it, and Rabtar had more Krooza builds then an average Deff Skull. I almost looted the iron squiggoth but Dakka Bu kept telling me I wasn't a proppa loota so I let Rabtar take it back to Morfang with a bag full of looted bitz instead. ;) So in another 6 months I get to start planning for ORKFEST VII. I don't know how to top this one, it aint gonna be easy that's for sure. WAAAGH! da ORKFEST VII 2011
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Another great Orkfest!

Despite being stuck as Fred's shooting gallery for the whole game I still had fun taking out Sisters and doing multiple bombing runs with my airfleet. :thumbs

Posted Image
Posted Image

More pics are up here: http://s136.photobuc...doud/OrkfestVI/

The Orkerprise was wrecked by Fred but remains salvagable. After seeing my stompa's super-gattla take out 6 Void Shields in one go I've now got a plan for next year. :biggrin

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
Awesome pics Jack! We definitely need to make it a mission to destroy Fred next year. Two years he's brought fiery doom to our ladz and my lootas are itching to get to grips with it. Your fightas were great as always. Those silly umies still havn't figured out what Ack Ack is for!

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan
Hey. I'm one of the "spiky boyz" from yesterday...the Nurgle one. Stumbled in here after hearing some talk of it yesterday and after seeing me and my fellow follower of the Dark Gods mentioned, figured I'd go ahead and register for the fun. Yesterday was an awesome fight. With some luck and a lot of paint, next year I may be able to throw down with some greenskins of my own, too.

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
Oi! were you the one I nicked the land raider for a joy ride from?

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,143 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Cheers to the ladz from the Jersey Shore Hobby Center for coming out en force.

Did Snookie make it? :? ;)

Nice set of pics everyone. It looks like it was the usual bit o'bedlam. :cheers :lol

Keep the pics coming, and remember: hakbash smells!
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan

Oi! were you the one I nicked the land raider for a joy ride from?

Nope. That was my buddy Grecco. I was the other one running all over trying to keep my Berzerkers busy krumpin' stuff.

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
Oi! Your that zoggin' git who fought like a proppa ork. It was great having you guys show up!

bagahammaz

bagahammaz

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 215 posts
  • Army Name:death skullz
It was in fact a spectacular orkfest and there was much krumping to be had by all but next year my strategy is going to change from having the mekboy gargant throwing enemy vehicles to throwing our own vehicles...into the enemy line. I'm already excited for next years. :thumbs
he who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
Awesome! :thumbs Thanks for the great pictures. It pleases an old mek to no end to see some of his work out and about, crushin' weedy 'oomies! Even if Rabtar did hack up a perfectly proppa paint job on lil'Kr00zA Heck, it was even nice to see some of the terrain pieces made it out to play. Who knows, maybe next year... :cheers
meh.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Scarpia not only did I finish off that crashed Panzie tank terrain piece, I also got some of your ladz out on the field. Though being that they are weedy lootaz they were to busy looking for scrap rather than getting stuck in. I'm going to have to make some repairs on them, seems the glue has given up on some of them, and none of the bases are weighted. After a little work they will be up for some proppa krumpin. :cheers WAAAGH! da weedy nickin lootin Deff Skullz
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,546 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Great to see this :thumbs This has also been the closest I've come to actually being there via the Paintjob on KrooZA/Scarpia/Oddballz/Mad Dok's WAAAGH! Fortress! :) Maybe someday I can be there in person! Glad to see it all went down so well! :) Lots of thumbs up :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Deployment of basically everything. Including Ork Town. DSCN0703.jpg DSCN0630.jpg DSCN0631.jpg DSCN0632.jpg DSCN0636.jpg DSCN0637.jpg DSCN0639.jpg DSCN0641.jpg DSCN0648.jpg DSCN0649.jpg DSCN0651.jpg DSCN0652.jpg Will post more later busy.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16