Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
Hooah. If there's a beach head assault, I may want to bring Deff From Above, a completely heliborne force, as an initial wave. 'Course i gotta get a copy of Ride of the Valkyries loaded onto my MP3 player to go with it. :thumbs
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Hooah. If there's a beach head assault, I may want to bring Deff From Above, a completely heliborne force, as an initial wave. 'Course i gotta get a copy of Ride of the Valkyries loaded onto my MP3 player to go with it. :thumbs

I'll add my 17+ deffkoptas to add to the wave. :thumbs

Now to model some loudspeakers and surfboards on them...

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
I gotta find a 28mm-sized Stetson for the pilot in one of my 'Uge Koptas...... yeah, I was thinkin' of mounting some loudspeakers on one. And the surfboard would have to be Orky somehow. Seventeen more. Cool. This could be really interesting.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
A few updates added to the main post. We have a player limit of 50 this year. Due to space [Actual occupancy for the building is 60, not 99 like I was told initially.] and table size limits. So if you plan on making a road trip be sure to reserve a spot so I dont have to feel guilty about turning anyone away. There will be a BFG mega-game the weekend before ORKFEST VI, announcement will be in WD and will be on the gamers realm website for details on points and what not. The BFG game will impact ORKFEST. I'll be bringing out my mega-space hulk just to be proppa. Should the Orks be victorious at this years ORKFEST, next years will be an Ork forces only mega-bash. Klan against klan. Retitled to reflect the change it will be called....WAAAGHFEST. More info to follow as I prepare for the waaagh. WAAAGH! da ORKFESTs
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
What's the best way to pre-reg? I don't see anything on the website so I'm guessing just call them up? :?

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
The best way to preregister is to stop by the store if you aint to far away. Otherwise they will take phone preregs. The shop takes all major credit cards. As far as I know there are no preregs yet, but it has been a good week since I asked about it. The tables are worked out. I'm just plotting some rules and what not for the amphibious landing. As well as a good way to model the beach area without going totally over the top and making a scenery board. I'm thinking a piece of material like broad cloth in an appropriate color would do well for the ocean, possibly a few yards of the stuff and that should do it well enough. WAAAGH! da ORKFEST VI
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

khorne

khorne

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 0 posts
  • Army Name:Guard/ SM / Chaos
I should be attending with about 8 or 9 other guys from The Jersey Shore Hobby Center.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts

I should be attending with about 8 or 9 other guys from The Jersey Shore Hobby Center.

It will be good to see you gitz again. Dont forget to bring your no-wotz...I just might have another Orky quiz to throw at you ladz just to be proppa.

WAAAGH! da skumgrodz

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

khorne

khorne

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 0 posts
  • Army Name:Guard/ SM / Chaos
Perfect!

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
If any DC/NoVa people want to carpool, let me know. I am planning to drive up and can take a few people and their stuff.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
Just for a little help for ya Hak, I wanted to chime in. The plexiglass that I used in my Battlefortress build is really good to use for water terrain. I don't know how big you wanted it but a few pieces that are sprayed blue works perfectly in most cases, and the best part is you don't have to tape the darn things down when you place them on the table. Granted if they are too big, they are a little difficult to transport, and I don't know how the price scheme's on the east coast differ from the midwest, but they are easy to manipulate to the shape you want with a grinder and take paint wonderfully. Most of the time the local Hardware store will have some scrap laying around for you to test out and play with. I got a lot of pieces done pretty quick using the stuff. Well that's just my two cents. Good luck with everything and get some good picts in, so's I'es kans see's how proppa dis tingy is an maybe make a showing next year. :biggrin
Makin' it up as I go along!

Phillip Corrie

Phillip Corrie

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
  • Army Name:My stuff
Are there any pics of the previous games anywhere floatin around? And, is there anyone going from the Indiana/Ohio area?
Games -w- Orks (6 th ed.)

W/L/T: 0/0/0

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Hate to be obvious, but search for Orkfest in the G.F. (where BatReps belong) and you should find some.

*EDIT* Hmm, for some reason we tacked on last years pics to the Fightin Pit thread.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
The plexi-glass idea sounds great. I'm going to look into it. The problem I foresee is size. I need to cover about 12' of table give or take a few feet. WAAAGH! da plexi-glass beach head assaults

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Zazzdakka

Zazzdakka

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Zaz
2 footers are a perfect way to do it. They even pack up nicely. :biggrin If ya need some help with them, you can PM me and I'll send some pict tutaorials for ya. :thumbs
Makin' it up as I go along!

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Just called up da GamersRealm and put my name down for prereg :thumbs . Looks like I wont be able to drive out now so that is going to limit what I can bring a bit. Dont worry I will still manage to get TaterGutz, Gogstompa and 'Lil Krooza out there.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
well, i was pretty excited about this but family obligations will prevent my attendance. Pete -- i will pop up the week or two before (depending on when they are done) and drop off two submersibles for the table and my apologies to all. i know it will be a blast!
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Sorry to hear that GM. I will be running a charity 40k mega-game sometime in August. Sort of a mini-ORKFEST VI.5. I'll post up the details once I get all the stuff ironed out. The all sea table will be dropped anyway. The beach head tables will still be included. Next year I'll have the sea table fully terrained out so we can really make use of some aquatik goodness. WAAAGH! da ORKFESTs

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Dokta Orkenstein

Dokta Orkenstein

Suction Foot

• Freebooterz
  • 590 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigz uv WAAAGH
sounds like a great time, hakbash... sadly, my official return to the north will have to wait. june's a bad time for anyone who does weddings lol. i may be able to make the august event, just keep me posted. was just thinkin about you today at work.. snatched up a bunch of 1/2" styrofoam, all in perfect sizes for buildings (lined the inside of boxes for insulation). if i don't have time to do anything with it, maybe i'll run it out to you ;) in the meantime, i'll try to finish this skullhamma... maybe you can field it for me next month as a birthday present ;)
Cry 'avvik! an' let loose da Squigz uv WAAAGH!!

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
DOK! You gotta get out to one of these ya zogger. It has been a good to many years since we raised our choppaz in anger against da skumgrodz. I'm startin to fink yer goin soft like one of dem weedy Deff Skullz. :nono It just aint proppa ya git.... :choppa WAAAGH! da gud ladz gone weedy

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash