Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Oi ladz. The mega-BFG game went down yesterday. The weedy skumgrods didnt show at all so the three Ork fleets that showed up did a little krumpin and stompin with the game organizer and we settled with a draw after playing all day long. The Imperial side for ORKFEST VI will not be allowed any orbital stirkes during the game as a result of their weediness. The Mad Grot will write up the special rules so we can be sure it will be proppa. We got 31 slots still open for the apok game so give the store a call if you plan on comming out to reserve you a place in da scrap. Not to mention the 5 dollar discount you get for prereg. WAAAGH! da skumgrods didnt show
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Datz roight, ladz, for Orkfest we're invoking the "Meh, it's not important" rule (named for the apparent response of the Grand Adirmal of the Mercer Sector when he was informed that a massive Ork invasion fleet was headed to planet Windsor to reinforce Waaagh Hakbash). Due to the massive apathy of the Imperial Fleet, no Orbital Bombardments will be available to the forces of the Imperium from any source, be it Stratagem, Apoc Formation or Special Rule. There just aren't enough Imperial vessels in orbit to deliver such bombardments. So the weedy 'umies are going to have to rely on their Titans and Super-heavies to deliver big ordinance.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
I've got the objectives and special rules written up for ORKFEST VI. ORKFEST VI OBJECTIVES/SPECIAL RULES EAD OF GORK ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Roight ya zoggers da gargant got busted but da ead is still intact. To show da skumgrodz wotz proppa any ladz defendin it get to counter attack da weedy skumgrodz. The wrecked gargant head counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may not be destroyed as it is already wreckage. Any Ork units within 18” of the objective get the counter attack USR. CRASHED PANZIE TANK ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE No gud Panzies crashed a tank roight in front of us boss, maybe they gotz some loot in it. The wrecked panzee falcon counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may not be destroyed as it is already wreckage. panzee units with 18” of the falcon get the USR fearless. DOWNED AQUILLA ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Da zoggin Umies left us a busted up flyer ladz, an dat plasma drive will werk real gud in da bosses new heavy bomma. Git to it before da Umies do. The wrecked Imperial Aquilla counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may not be destroyed as it is already wreckage. Any Imperial units within 18” of the objective get the stubborn USR. SPACEPORT ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Da gitz wot gotz da landing pad gotz all da bombs an ammunition, so make sure we git dere before da skumgrodz. The Imperial landing pad counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units with 6” then it is contested. It can not be destroyed. The side that controls the landing pad may reload all flyers every turn that they are in possession of the spaceport. TOMB OF THE UNKOWN ASTARTES ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Da weedy Beakies have a metal statue wot da meks want to cut up fer scrap. Have at it lads and cut it up gud an proppa. The beakie statue counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may not be destroyed as it will take some time to cut it down into small pieces. Any beakie units within 18” of the objective get the counter attack USR. IMPERIAL CATHEDRAL ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Da skumgrodz built an effigy of dere gods in dat building over dere. Lets show em whoz got da only proppa gods an turn it into da drops. The Imperial Cathedral counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may not be destroyed as it is already in ruins. Any Imperial units within 12” of the objective get the fearless USR. FUEL DUMP ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Plenty of squig juice to power up all of our vehicles so even da ones wot aint painted red can go fasta. Mo squig juice is almost as gud as mo grot riggas. The fuel dump counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may be destroyed by any penetrating hit counting the fuel drums as armor 12 all around. If it is destroyed it will explode as an apocalyptic explosion. The side that controls the fuel dump may use the fuel on all vehicles within 18”. Vehicles count all vehicle damage results of immobilized as vehicle stunned instead and in addition all vehicles within 18”may move an extra 1d6” during the movement phase. Since they have extra fuel they get a little more mileage out of their vehicles. Once the vehicles leave the range of the ammo dump they will revert to the normal rules for vehicles. MEGA GUN BATTERY ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Da weedy skumgrods aint gonna noze wot hit em when da BIG gunz rain deff on dere eads. Open fire ladz.” The Ork mega-gunz battery counts as an objective. If it is destroyed it counts for the Imperials if it is left intact it counts for the Orks. Ork Mega-Gunz Battery Point value: 600 Armor value: 14 / 13 / 12 Structure points: 4 Power fields: 3 Wargear: Power field generator, armor plates, Mega-kustom force field. Weapons: 3 Mega-Gunz Special: Mega-Gunz gives the unit an orbital bombardment strategic asset that can be used every turn. It has a minimum range of 72” maximum range is unlimited. Counts as an Apocalyptic barrage [6]. For every gun destroyed it looses 2 from its attack value. [St 8, AP 3, Ordnance, pinning. Always hits side armor on vehicles.] Immune to driver stunned and drive damaged results on the catastrophic damage table, treat as no effect instead. IMPERIAL BUILDINGS ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE We gotz weedy Umies hiding in da ruined buildins an them gitz are just itchin fer a fight, so git at em ladz. Youze aint proppa unless yer uzin yer choppaz. The Imperial buildings each count as an objective. Any units within a building may claim it by adding an appropriate marker, if there are no enemy units inside as well. The marker remains in play until the end of the game or it is replaced by an enemy marker. Buildings may change hands any amount of times during the game and the side with the most claimed buildings at the end of the battle will receive 1 victory point. AMMO DUMP ORKFEST BATTLEFIELD OBJECTIVE Plenty of ammo, enuf fer even them shooty Bad Moonz. Git yer ammo ladz and fill em full a dakka. The ammo dump counts as an objective. Any units within 6” may claim it. If both sides have scoring units within 6” it is contested. It may be destroyed by any penetrating hit counting the ammo crates as armor 12 all around. If it is destroyed it will explode as an apocalyptic explosion. The side that controls the ammo dump may reload faster and will have plenty of ammo to spare. Any units on the controlling side within 18” of the objective may re-roll misses during the shooting phase. ORKFEST VI SPECIAL RULES MEH, It's not important… “Boss dere aint no skumgrod ulks, come look fer yerself…The weedy gitz ran off before we could krump da lot of em…Only fing ere is an old space station and some defense platforms. Easy pickinz boss, just like you said.” The mega-BFG game was a no show for the Imperials. Only Ork players showed up. So we played it out anyhow against a desperate planetary defense force. The Imperials and their allies lost by default. Imperial forces and their allies do not have any starships in orbit around the planet. The Ork fleet has total control over the star system. The few defending ships were either destroyed or run off. It will be sometime before any relief can come from space if indeed any is forth coming. IMPERIALS Imperial players and their allies may not make use of any stratagems or rules for orbital strikes, warheads, bombardments, lance strikes, or any special rules which would come from an orbiting spacecraft. Drop pods, deep strikes, warp gates, and reinforcements are not affected as they are assets already in place on the planet or can be utilized by available atmospheric craft. ORKS Ork forces will get an extra orbital bombardment each turn after the first. In addition Ork aircraft may be recycled after they are destroyed to represent additional waves of fighta-bommas coming down from orbit. The recycled aircraft will come in on the following Ork turn as if they came in from reserves. WAAAGH! da special rules
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Just finished boxing up everything :thumbs . It wasn't fun. And for a list of the super-heavys im bringin. We gotz 'Lil-Krooza, TaterGutz, Da GogStompa, Da Iron Squigoth, Da Yamato and Morfangs Armorcast Stompa. As well as the Krooza Russbot. Not to shure how to use it but its commin along all the same. 2 more weeks and I kant wait ta git ta krumpin :choppa .
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
Dats right folks, just two more weeks! Aside from Rabtar, how many other non-local gitz are planning to be here? There are over twenty people pre-registered, but still plenty of space for more Warbosses (or scumgrods).

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
I am trying to figure out what to bring... Do we need points added up and lists or are WYSIWYG units good enough for play? What about Force org? I don't want to bring too much, or too little :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
Plan to play what you can reasonably push around the table. Remember this is big fun, you don't want to be going crazy trying to move and fire a zillion troops. You can bring whatever you like as long as it's painted. There are going to be several people there with more Orkz than they can play (me included, I have over 7K and as Supreme Overork, I will be walking around all day and therefore unable to field the whole lot). You should know how many points you have (accurately) so that we can balance out the sides and the tables, but no one is going check. This is Apoc, there is no Force Org. Also take into account your drive time, set up time and take down time and how they interact. If you're going to err, err on the side of too little, but always include your coolest models. :biggrin I look forward to seeing you there...

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I've got somewhere over 13,000 points of orks but will only be playing with Da Orkerprize, my airfleet, a big choppa sqwadron and a few wagons of boys so I'll have plenty of extra along for anyone who needs it.

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
I have trimmed down to about 6000 points of my favorite models. A lot of them are new stuff or oldies who haven't seen play time in a while. Expect a massive Speed Freek showing from me! I will also bring my great gargant who may or may not be able to stomp around. If someone wants to pilot him they are more than welcome to do so.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
You ladz can bring as much Orky goodness as you can reasonably push around for a day. I have played up to 10k and found it was a bit over the top for a foot slogger army. You could get away with playing that much if you have plenty of high point cost units. Don't feel that you gotta bring a hoard of boyz and stuff, it's all good if you only bring out 1k-6k. I'll actually play only around 5k with 10k in reserve if we need the extra points to balance out the sides a bit. I see alot of players getting intimidated by such large numbers but if you only have 500 points in Orks [Or skumgrods if you go that way. ;) ] you can still get stuck in and have a good time. There will be plenty of models on hand to help push around and you can still add your units to the fray and not get hammered since the skumgrods will be way to busy shooting at the super heavies to even notice a small force of Orks. "Cuz wen da skumgrodz is to busy fillin da gargants full of dakka you sneek roight in like a kommando and hit em over da ead wif yer choppa while he aint lookin. " WAAAGH! da ORKFESTs

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
Alright dere lads. I got the Yamato placed in the Rok and ready to be shipped out to join Rabtar and his boyz. I also got Krooza's grot battlewagon packed in there to go join Mad Grot Docsnik and his boys with the Krooza battle fortress. Between me and Rabtar that will be 5 Krooza builds all in one battle. So have fun and happy krumpin and I'll hope for a trip next year. Cancer put the brakes on this year and next Saturday I get to do a bone marrow test instead of be with you guys. I have my choppa's crossed that everything comes back good that the cancer is in remission that is the only way it will be worth missing this event. Waagh on Morf
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts

I have my choppa's crossed that everything comes back good that the cancer is in remission that is the only way it will be worth missing this event.

Waagh on

Morf

Good luck - everyone will keep a good thought for you on Saturday (and most other days as well).

hang in there. :thumbs
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
Stuff showed up at my parents house today :thumbs . Other than some minor repairs and it looking like someone punched 'Lil Krooza in the gut (hes fixed now) everything showed up largely undamaged. Still waitin on Da Yamato. 4 more dayz till da big WAAAGH!!! WAAAGH!!! DA GOFFZ! :choppa
Unknown
Belkar Bitterleaf
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Roight ya zoggers. Da count down to da scrap is underway. A few more dayz an den itz time to krump da scumgrodz proppa. :choppa Just finishing up last minute painting. I'll be at the store all day Friday just to get everything in order before Saturday. Just so you gitz know General Malaise dropped off a few things for the scrap. He even left a perfectly good submersible which has not been looted yet. So we will raffle it off as loot just to be weedy. WAAAGH! da last minute painting

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Talked to my skumgrod Dan last night, he'll be returning to Orkfest this year with his Warlord Titan "Fred" for anuver go at da boys. :thumbs

Posted Image

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
The ORKFEST rumor mill suggests we may have 2 warlords, 2 reavers, and no less than 5 warhounds to contend with from the skumgrods. [That is just what I can confirm so it could be much Titan heavier.] I didnt plan on using the Dakka Dakka great gargant but if we need the firepower we can throw it in just to be proppa. We should be OK with a balance of super heavies on each side. Last I heard we had around 30 players pre-registered. I only spoke to a few of the skumgrods to get a feel for what will be fielded. WAAAGH! da pre-battle planz [Brutally cunning just like Gork]

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts

The ORKFEST rumor mill suggests we may have 2 warlords, 2 reavers, and no less than 5 warhounds to contend with from the skumgrods. [That is just what I can confirm so it could be much Titan heavier.]

That is a lot of titans :(

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
Do we have any sort of count on the Ork Supa-'Eavys that are showin up? Other than the 6 I'm bringing.
Unknown
Belkar Bitterleaf
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Do we have any sort of count on the Ork Supa-'Eavys that are showin up? Other than the 6 I'm bringing.

I'm bringing a big mek stompa and can toss in a lungbursta. I was assuming there'd be a lot of GW Stompas showing up.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Snogrot has an armorcast great gargant, Snooker has a GW stompa, Mad Grot has Kroozas mek boy gargant, I have a stompa and great gargant. We have the great gargant from Dakka Dakka on standby if needed. We seem to be short of Ork players this year so I'm going to bring out everything I have painted and start enlisting aid to push models around. I spent to much time coddeling the skumgrodz to get them to come out and neglected to recruit Ork players....lol, see what happens when you assume. All my regular gitz can't make it. Anyone talk to Dakka Bu or Ein? Ug Thok and others mentioned earlier thay were comming out but no recent posts. I know we have Snogrot, Snooker, Mad Grot, nkelsch, Bag O Hammaz, Jackdoud, Rabtar. Not sure if we have any others. Possibly Max. I have frgsinwntr helping the skumgrodz. It aint proppa but the good thing is we aint got no nickin Deff Skullz this time, even if Snogrot thinks he is a Deff Skull he always brings out Ghazie and a boatload of Goff boyz so he is just a wanna be Loota. WAAAGH! da next time I only recruit Ork players

Edited by hakbash, 22 June 2010 - 01:47 PM.
Added more gitz

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash