Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

April FAQ 2019

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,463 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

So basically nothing really changed for Ork's apart from we got nerfed a bit... So yeah... there is that.

https://www.warhamme...0_orks_en-1.pdf

Clarification: Mob up only works on Boyz now so lootas kinda got a big hit there. 

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 408 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Generally speaking, I find the FAQ well written and to the core of what the FAQ it's supposed to be. Clarifications and adjustments. Most of us hoped for a comprehensive point tweak for Orks, but sincerely, it was more wish listing than anything else. That will have to wait till CA19.

Mobe up only available for ork boys is somehow reasonable and expected. IMHO it was a CP hungry aberration from the start.

True, orks got hit competitively but just because their strength was based on a kimera. Hopefully, this will allow a proliferation of different valid competitive lists or a lack there of. If so, points will drop accordingly in CA.

dscarlatella

dscarlatella

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
Overall Im happy with the changes. Ive seen so many newish ork players all playing the same style of list and Im glad some things are getting tweaked to let other options shine. Only thing that upset me was no Dakka Dakka Dakka for index units, but its a small part of my army that would benefit anyway.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,463 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

I just haven't been playing the game really. I love my army just sitting on my shelf looking cool while I play X-wing and Epic. XD

• Zagursnik likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 279 posts
As far as nerfs go that's pretty mild. I'm not sure who was really using mob up much except for bad moons lootas anyways. The thing that boggles my mind is the warphead clarification, I've never heard of anyone trying to use it multiple times before.

There's also the thing about things removed from the board and coming back in following the rules for reserves? I feel like that probably has some intereractions with Da Jump.

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

Several armies have abilities that are triggered when an enemy unit appears. Space wolves have it. It enables them to shoot you out of turn when you appear on the board as reinforcements. The existing wording was unclear if it applied to units that start on the board then move (teleport, whatever) to another spot. This wording clarifies it. So if you Da Jump a unit into the enemy deployment zone, you may get shot. 

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

Note the clarification on the Wobbly Model. This means that if your lootas or flash gitz (with their bigger bases) are on the second floor of a building, they cannot be assaulted if there is no room to place the enemy models. They can't say "this Blood claw is on the same level as your model, I just don't want him to fall" If it does not fit, you can't put it there. 

skarnir

skarnir

Periscope

• Blood Axez
  • 772 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

Mobbing up units of Stormboyz/Kommandos before a charge and Tankbustas/lootas for decent dakka had it's uses.

Of all the Strats out there that need an adjustment, Mob up should have been very far from the top of the list.

“The studio, the creative part of Games Workshop, had always been kept apart from the sales part of it. One thing Bryan (Ansell) said was that if the sales people got to be in charge of the studio, it would destroy the studio, and that’s exactly what happened.” - Rick Priestley

Blekinge

Blekinge

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
Kans can shoot twice with the right stratagem. Bad moons reroll 1 in overwatch. This is not nothing

Blekinge

Blekinge

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
Do mob up still require less than 10 models in one of the unit? Or can you now make 60 model units?

skarnir

skarnir

Periscope

• Blood Axez
  • 772 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

Kans can shoot twice with the right stratagem. Bad moons reroll 1 in overwatch. This is not nothing

Kanz have keyword gretchin. Gretchin units can not benefit from Clan Kultur or use Ork stratagems unless they explicitly state so (such as Grot shields)

“The studio, the creative part of Games Workshop, had always been kept apart from the sales part of it. One thing Bryan (Ansell) said was that if the sales people got to be in charge of the studio, it would destroy the studio, and that’s exactly what happened.” - Rick Priestley

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

>>Do mob up still require less than 10 models in one of the unit? Or can you now make 60 model units

Yes, one units must be 10 or smaller. The change is to restrict it to BOYZ mobs only, where before any Ork Infantry units could use the stratagem. 

As Skarnir says, Kans cannot use stratagems. 

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,117 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Kanz have keyword gretchin. Gretchin units can not benefit from Clan Kultur or use Ork stratagems unless they explicitly state so (such as Grot shields)

Correct, which is why the faq specifically pointed out that killa kans in a dread waaagh detachment CAN utilize the dread waaagh stratagem to fire twice.  It specifically includes killa kans and overrides the normal gretchin keyword restriction.

https://www.warhamme...efiant_en-1.pdf

In case anyone missed it, there was a rather massive nerf to orks hidden in the faqs

You can no longer charge the turn your transport is destroyed.

Add the following sentence to the end of the third paragraph: ‘Units cannot declare a charge during the same turn that they disembarked from a destroyed transport.’

https://www.warhamme...lebook_en-3.pdf

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

Good catch on the Vigilus FAQ. I had not even seen that one.

Maybe a Kan list would be feasible now? I have 15 Killa Kans...

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,117 posts

They can be fun to play, but still have major issues with morale.  If they gave us the old deff dread rule back, I think they could work pretty well! (Though giving them kulture would also be pretty great).  Killa kans without kulture need a points drop, or an additional buff to make them more worthwhile.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 408 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

Correct, which is why the faq specifically pointed out that killa kans in a dread waaagh detachment CAN utilize the dread waaagh stratagem to fire twice.  It specifically includes killa kans and overrides the normal gretchin keyword restriction.
https://www.warhamme...efiant_en-1.pdf

In case anyone missed it, there was a rather massive nerf to orks hidden in the faqs

You can no longer charge the turn your transport is destroyed.

https://www.warhamme...lebook_en-3.pdf

Not sure if it has been F.U.C.Ked rather than FAQed as they write the following:

"It turns out that there is nothing in the core rules that prevents a unit that has been forced to disembark from its
transport because it was destroyed as the result of an Overwatch attack from immediately declaring a charge (provided
the rolls to see what models were destroyed werent totally disastrous, that is). This was never the intent, and some
players have been exploiting this oversight and declaring charges against every possible unit in order to get their own transports destroyed so they can disembark their elite and very choppy units a few inches closer to the enemy to secure
a vital charge."

So that is clearly my understanding, no charging if you charged with the transport. One of the very welcomed additions to this FAQ is the intend behind the rule explanation.
  • greggles and Giganotosaurus like this

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,117 posts

Oooh that is a VERY nice spot! Thank you sir, that makes me much happier. 

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

what about this (page 2)?:

Page 183 – Embark

Add the following sentence to the end of the
third paragraph:
‘Units cannot declare a charge during the same turn
that they disembarked from a destroyed transport.’

toaae

toaae

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 128 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH! Tortoof

Turns are player turns, so the only way it comes up is if the transport was destroyed during YOUR turn. Overwatch is most likely, some out of sequence attacks could also cause it. It won't happen often.

Another buff: you now roll the strength for SAG (and the number of Loota shots) before choosing targets, allowing you to choose a target properly (or split fire knowing how many shots they have).

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 290 posts

Use Tellyporta to move a trukk loaded with nobz to the enemy deployment zone. beakie use Auspex to shoot at trukk since it is treated as a reinforcement. Trukk blows up, nobz are stuck until your next turn. 

Maybe it is just the group I play in, everybody has something to let them shoot reinforcements.