Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Garslag

Looks like you had the same idea as me with that middle kan - is he made from a Stompa turret? 

The painted one in the top pik of post #218? - that one's Milliputted tinplate with a trukk turret and wrekking ball topped off with a 1/35th scale truck wheel.

Oh, and I love the Wall-E eyes on the front right!  :lol  I really like his olden-days plasma cannon (?) too.

Ah, definitely post #218 then - the plasma kannon halves are stuck either side of the KMB to help vary them up a bit (I still tend to think that 'Kustom' doesn't mean 'all the same') :biggrin

Got the new batch almost ready for paint now

IMG_2266.jpg

Given them all burnaz (guess who found a load of burnaz whilst rummageing for bits). Still a bit more 'puttin to do but once this lot's done me OozToofs should look a lot more like a Walker Army :thumbs

• warhead01, Snarknit Grokguzz and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Sorry - couldn't resist posting this

IMG_2271mod.jpg

Da March Ov Da Raging Sh!tkanz

• warhead01, DocNuK, Garslag and 2 others like this

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 118 posts
  • Army Name:Bugsnik's Brass Lads

awesome man. I've stumbled upon 21 kans myself while tidying up. Yours are an inspiration!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Cheers, tidying up is a really useful source of bitz :thumbs (and thanks for the likes chaps :cheers ).

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Got Wazzy looking a bit closer to done

IMG_2281.jpg

Way too fussy around the flakka gun support strut - have to lose most of the checks off the front side and maybe a bit off the loudners........ and then I can have fun figuring out where all da riggaz are going to fit :lol

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

And in case Nucks' post didn't satisfy your craving for DeffSkullz killakanz

Kanz_1.jpg

and

Kanz2.jpg

Have to see about getting Looty and Whoopsydredds sorted now

• warhead01 and Giganotosaurus like this

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 118 posts
I'm jealous of the ancient figs. Stealing your wrecking ball idea btw
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Cheers Nuck, have fun looting (as though DeffSkullz have got anything better to do :lol )

Looty and WoopsyDredds are just about ready to have some oils and pigments thrown at them too now

Looty_Woopsy_10-10-18.jpg

And Wazzy's rivitted his ammo runts on as well

Wazz_10-10-18.jpg

Not happy with his face yet - it's da wrong green, again :bang Still, there can't be an infinate number of wrong greens :sowhat

• warhead01, armored walker, DocNuK and 3 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Finally managed to get Wazzy up to this stage for the WAAAAGHMeet

wazzy_front_top_by_badfang-dcq5pih.jpg

Had some 2mm LEDS lying around so I sculpted them into the back of his eye-sockets

wazzy_right_front_by_badfang-dcq5qlz.jpg

and powered them off the battery he's sitting on

wazzy_right_rear_by_badfang-dcq5qyn.jpg

Sprinkled as many grots around as I could find places for

wazzy_left_rear_by_badfang-dcq5qae.jpg

The bit of red wire under 'is bum is the on/off switch

wazzy_left_front_by_badfang-dcq5puv.jpg

Pretty chuffed wiv how he's come out :D

• DocNuK, skarnir and Nuck Fewton like this

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 752 posts
  • Army Name:SKARNIRS KAMO KILLAZ

Absolute beast of a mini, even more impressive in the flesh.

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Cheers Skar, yeah, that noo GW warboss on his noo shiney trike looked a bit underwhelming parked next to him :lol

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 118 posts
I would be too, he's great!

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Honestly - I just love Wazdakka and his old-school mega-armour.  This is what I want to do for my MANz, but I don't have the green stuff skills.  At least I can look at what you've done.  I really dig the shoulderpad glyphs, and the little mek spanner on his right shin. 

The grots loading the battlecannon for him is a nice touch, as is the 2E-style Evil Sunz paintjob, and the fact that you didn't bother with the silly princep-skulls.  Wazdakka is just quintessentially 2E, why bother shying away from it?

I also really appreciate the beastly shokk absorbers.  Probably still not enough to compensate for 2 tonnes of battle kannon and mega-armour going over a bump, but hey ;)    The only thing I think could have been better is I wish the front wheel was bigger.  It's taken me this long to realise that that was bothering me.  On the other hand, who cares?  He's a beast!

Any chance of a Barry shot with the Sunburnz some time?

"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Cheers guys, Garslag - tried painting him 2nd Ed 'clean' earlier but it didn't convince me so I just oil-washed and repainted 'til he got to the state he's in now. Did consider the princeps' skulzz, would have involved making skull shaped moulds big enough to take clear LEDs and casting transparent white-ish resin around them, then having another go at making clear araldite/acrylic paint flames and then wiring the whole lot onto the back of the mudguard :sowhat Decided that it would have just looked too fussy (and a bit too close to the ammo box :eek ).

The front wheel's about as big as I could make it (large rounded rear trukk wheel with as much extra Milliput as it would stand wrapped around it) but there are constraints in that I wanted room for some suspension travel, the ability to use at least a bit of the elevation and depression of the killkannon and keep the overall height of it down to something credible - El Presidete had all(?) his RT Space Ork Raiders, RT dredds and a couple of GutRippaz that he'd upscaled from Epic at the meet. Wazzys' front wheel was bigger than the ones he'd got on his GutRippaz - in fact, it's bigger than the front tyres I've got on my SkullHamma :lol

Nearly done with my SunBurnz (for a while) so I'll see if I can get them all set up some time this week for yez :thumbs

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

Any chance of a Barry shot with the Sunburnz some time?

Nearly done with my SunBurnz (for a while) so I'll see if I can get them all set up some time this week for yez :thumbs

Zogga :bang

Have finished off my SunBurnz burna mob

IMG-2328.jpg

- couldn't put Wazzy in with them 'coz I've just varnished 'im :sowhat

Also been mucking around with Thikk Bastardly's Dubble Zero race buggy

Dubble-Zero-1a.jpg

Yeah, best part of a week and make it into a Junk Tank Rock Racer by replacing the trakks with wheels - they're normally single back wheel on them but that would have had to go where Grottly's turret is. Da Flying Fish'ed can have one in the middle though

Flying-Fish-ed-1a.jpg

See if I can work up a bit more enthusiasm this weekend :sowhat

• warhead01 and Giganotosaurus like this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Thanks for the picture, was wondering how well the trukk wheels fit onto the scrapjet.

Much better looking than with the trakks - every proper mek would build a grot tank with those trakks anyways (or something else at least).

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

No worries Gitkilla, the trukk wheels were drilled out to match the axle stubs on the swingarms and then spaced out with Milliput to get the tyres far enough away from the swingarms and shockers. Still a bit sad that I couldn't think of anything better to do with it but it really doesn't lend itself to conversion work like anything with a proppa chassis does.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
:lol Thikk Dastardly :love it.
Double checking what the actual racer looked like are you going to add the sail fin over the cockpit? That would really be aces :yes

Will you be adding more/better exhausts?
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts

They have got to be possibilities, and there's enuff room around the rear turret for the bulgey torus thing to be fitted around it with all the exhausts poking out of it - wot have I written me-self into this time :bang

• Penelope the Wonder Pony likes this

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
While building mine I came to realize that this is a very lame excuse for a vehicle. It seemed that the mid designers didnt talk st all to the people who would write the fluff. The write up says that its propelled by the exhaust and then the exhaust is weedy compared to the size of the hull not to mention the traks (never mind the wheels, though you could argue since they are near the engine there is some sort of drive train in there). The grot turret really puts the kybosh on any rear thrust which is extra funny :lol considering they dont give it any stats.

Im sure given your Miliput skills youll be able to come up w/ some kind of exhaust array.
  • Nefairius and Badfang Brassaxe like this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel