Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh! Defgrim

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,099 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz

Loved the characterful conversions you did a few back! 

Thanks!

Sadly I do not have those models anymore, there was a local gamers toys for tots drive last year and I donated the squad + Big Mek to it. While I loved the look of them, I have changed to a different color pallet for the skin.

Still, I have the parts to remake the squad at some point.

Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Sadly I do not have those models anymore, there was a local gamers toys for tots drive last year and I donated the squad + Big Mek to it.

Twenty+ years ago all my friends seemed to be calling round with their kids in tow, I ended up giving said kids my old RT orks to play with in order to keep them amused - wish I'd been more of a Scrooge now  >:

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,099 posts

XG83sk9l.jpg

So... this is Defgrim as he was when I kinda bowed out of the hobby during 7th when the Waaagh Ghazzy reprint was issued.

I've made a threat to actually finish him up completely this month... so here's the start:
avg2fEcl.jpg

So a bit of a slow start... some touch up and edging on the greys and I tried to smooth out the skin some... Defrgrim took a tumble from my hobby desk before I started so I had to glue him back together and then paint back over parts of his torso.

The big thing I got done though was his head... I really wish I had painted him and THEN put on the kitbashed big gob as it made it a nightmare to do his mouth... it's not perfect, but it's a far sight better than it was.

lwpvmFfl.jpg

This is a more head on view of... well the head. I was hoping to show off some of the gob. I tried to figure out how to make the scar tissue around hi bioniks look enflamed by mixing a bit of red into skarsnik green and adding a few red patches...

I don't really have a plan with this.. just make it up as I go, experiment a bit and hope it all turns out ok in the end.

• Garslag, Garr and Nuck Fewton like this
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,099 posts

45121102_10217747300945221_8651834609857

Well, here's the big guy tabletop ready... though I probably will still keep tinkering with details... suffered my first true casualty though. Spilled an entire pot of agrax...

• Garslag and Garr like this

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 1,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Looks like I forgot to comment when you posted your WIP. But that's good, coz i like him vastly better with a full coat of paint, it really tied him together.

My favourite aspect of this guy is how proper cyber he looks. Plenty of other people's cybork bodies just look like an ork with a couple of prosthetics. This guy looks more machine than ork. With those dread legs i imagine he presents an imposing figure too. Hazard stripes are always a simple touch that really adds a lot.

The only thing I reckon you might have improved are his shoulder pads. They look much better now that they're red, but I'd still like them to have sat a bit lower and covered more of his body. Great build nonetheless.
"Parry the 6!"

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,099 posts

Looks like I forgot to comment when you posted your WIP. But that's good, coz i like him vastly better with a full coat of paint, it really tied him together.

My favourite aspect of this guy is how proper cyber he looks. Plenty of other people's cybork bodies just look like an ork with a couple of prosthetics. This guy looks more machine than ork. With those dread legs i imagine he presents an imposing figure too. Hazard stripes are always a simple touch that really adds a lot.

The only thing I reckon you might have improved are his shoulder pads. They look much better now that they're red, but I'd still like them to have sat a bit lower and covered more of his body. Great build nonetheless.

Thanks for the feedback. Honestly the shoulder pads are where they are due to his bionik arm... the uppermost part of it is almost flush with the shoulder pad. I also wanted to leave as much of his torso bare, similar to the Warboss from the video game beakie.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

He's a biggun for sure. :thumbs  I like how you painted the integration  between his shoulder and the PK arm. Makes it look fresh from the Doc's & still raw.

• Magus Gar Kan likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,099 posts

He's a biggun for sure. :thumbs  I like how you painted the integration  between his shoulder and the PK arm. Makes it look fresh from the Doc's & still raw.

Yeah, tried to experiment with making it look enflamed, I think it turned out alright.

I'm honestly only happy with about half of his current paint scheme... tried a lot of experimentation on him but there were large areas I wanted to try and break up with colors and it just never felt right.