Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ambot = meganob?

- - - - - ork conversion ambot cybork meganob

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 520 posts

From the first pictures the new Necromunda Ambot looked like a good base for orky conversion, so I got a box as soon as I was able. I did some werk, and here he is now, meganob/cybork type of thing. The basic stuff is done, orky details and bitz to add yet.

7okcWcY.jpg

The gun is from flash gitz, head is from biker box. The gun is sideways 'cause he's so cool.

I was suprised how big he was, bigger than the plastic meganobs:

RZ694mI.jpg

There's two sprues in the box to build two bots. I was quite pleased with the design of the sprue, there's been some thought into the positioning of the mold-lines and -channels so that the upper layers of armour will hide some of the inevitable scarring as you clean the bitz. You can build the bot in two basic positions, it's been done so that there's extra bitz with different joint angles on them. This means you'll get more stuff in your bitzbox, as there are double legs, pelvis and shoulder joints for example - all looking ruff, mekanikal and orky.

I'll propably put this project on hold for a while now, I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

• Sproston Green, DocNuK, Keg and 1 other like this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 385 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
Beautiful. I think this came to our minds as a collective when we first saw it. Glad it looks so nice in practice. Was looking forward seeing one done.

I would have liked more a renovation of meganobs in this line rather than what they did.
  • Zagursnik likes this

armored walker

armored walker

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 520 posts

I was a bit dissapointed with the plastic meganobs too. The models look stiff and clumsy, and there's not much variation. I guess the designers went with "lumdering behemoths"-theme, but still there could be some differently positioned arms at least. I mean, look at beakie terminators for example .

• Zagursnik likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,072 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I don't know about the legs on this ambot (don't know about the name, either...). I don't know what you call those sort of backwards double-jointed legs, but they don't look right on an ork to me. He must have cybork legs, I guess, unless it's just a trick of the camera.

Bet a guy of your talents could fix that on the next wun though... ;)
"Parry the 6!"

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 907 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

hahaha great mindz think alike!
i was considering doing this exact thing with the ambot hahaha

very cool, looking forward to your legendary paintjob

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,545 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Seems a pretty good match for size, like Garslag I'm not hugely sold on the lower legs/feet but the rest of it should work well with suitable conversion possibilities. Very interested in seeing what you come up with for the second one and, like PeaceCraft, looking forwards to seeing your paint on it. :biggrin

armored walker

armored walker

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 520 posts

Yeah he is clearly a cybork, or "counts-as" meganob. The gyph-plate in front hides the tiny pelvic joint, and there's no way a nob's arms would fit inside the robot bitz. I was thinkin it's a looted imperial robot with some ork bitz added, like an extra head the dok had laying around and maybe some lungs and other internal organs. Btw, the latest Robocop was on telly the other night, might have something to do with it :biggrin.

I don't quite know yet what to do with the other 'bot, exept that I have the meganob buzzsaw-fists waiting...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ork, conversion, ambot, cybork, meganob