Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to do with those spare squig heads from the hopper set?

squigs squig conversion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tarzom

tarzom

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts

If, like me you've got a squig obsession you've no doubt bought a load of the new squig sets recently. Well, I was building some from the squig hopper set and was wondering what to do with the spare squig heads/faces...

#1 spider squig

46536732d9aec1af73576028be13cfd7.jpg

Sure she's only got 6 legs but then so did the original tyranid/ork spider squigs. Plus I couldn't save the last pair of legs as I wanted to keep the abdomen intact. So, call her an insect-squig if you like.

#2 Cold-old conversion

I've seen that others have converted the old style cold one into a squig, but it never looked quite right to me, plus my green stuff skills aren't that good. But, the new squigheads fit great:

b59f399ec7b3028dad119ab53b8a7fa6.jpg

#3 boar conversion

If you like your cyboars, you may have been left with a few boar rear ends after converting. Well they fit nicely after a bit of cutting. 

3d4b02048e68c4feb14263d642e6fc2a.jpg

Any other thoughts for the new squig heads? I'm tempted to do more, but then what to do with those spare squig bodies...

• armored walker, Mad Grot Docsnik, Zagursnik and 2 others like this

If you like Squigs, please check out my website: https://sites.google...gling/squighome

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 273 posts
"My greenstuff skills aren't that good."

*Sculpts a bunch of fur and smooth scales*
  • Mad Grot Docsnik, Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

tarzom

tarzom

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts

"My greenstuff skills aren't that good."

*Sculpts a bunch of fur and smooth scales*

Thanks - I'm pretty pleased with my fur technique, but the scales were just small irregular balls of greenstuff squished with a flat tool.

If you like Squigs, please check out my website: https://sites.google...gling/squighome

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 534 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

"but the scales were just small irregular balls of greenstuff squished with a flat tool."

Perhaps that is the same exact way that the person who sculpted the cold one did it.  It does not mater how you did it, but that you did it.  :yes  Oh, and by the way, the scales look damn good!  :thumbs

P.S. Enjoying your summer?  :?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: squigs, squig, conversion