Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gangs of Nu Ork

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
I hope this ends soon. Blackfang isn't going to post anything new until this is completely over. PS:Why do both of you keep copy/pasting your arguments?

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
That's a very different tone than your previous posts. I guess by now you've pored over all those "borrowed" sections and couldn't find much to incriminate me. Well, whatever your reasons for suddenly being reasonable, I have no choice but to follow suit or I'll be viewed as the nasty one. Well played.

What is it exactly that you want from me? I freely admit that my quick look-over of your work reminded me to include Servo-Skulls and Cherubim. So would looking at any Blanche illustration. I copied none of your rules, tho they are similar because we both (I assume) based them on the Inquisitor rulebook and the two 3rd edition Inquisition codices. I copied none of your ganger statlines, I did not even bother looking at them after I noticed that we took rather different approaches to building a ganger. The same goes for weapons, and if you focused on the differences instead of similarities you would see that. I went to check them now for the first time and beyond the original Necro stuff there is hardly any overlap. I didn't know your ShuriCat was S3 and it wouldn't have affected my decision either way. I made a conscious decision to downpower some weapons, after all the whole point of the game is people not getting killed. Any basic weapon with S4 needs a big downside (Bolter ammo rolls, Shootas being used by low BS orks, Pulse weapons being used by squishy fish'ead...)

We obviously care a lot about our respective "babies" that we've both put a lot of effort in. I understand you must have been upset when you thought I had ripped off your hard work. You should understand that I can't help but feel the same when you publicly accused me of plagiarism after not giving me the time of day for a month (I could not be aware of your reasons, good or bad).

Lastly, I have no problem with mentioning Inquisimunda and GONU side by side. While being necessarily similar in rules, the are completely different in terms of feel and flavour - probably more apart that original Necromunda and Gorkamorka were - and I do not think of them as competing products but complimentary ones. I still do not think that looking over your work and thinking "Oh, right, I need rules for floating" merits any sort of credit. But I have no problem listing Inquisimunda on my website as an alternative to players who prefer the grimdark over orky shenanigans.

I hope this nonsense is now settled.

Copy/pasted on both forums to give all readers closure.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Posting a small update because I'm itching to get things done. The generic and orky equipment files have been updated and apart from some fluff blurbs that are still missing I consider them finished! Obviously I might still have to adjust some weapon profiles based on playtesting but content-wise I am done. I am working on splitting the panzee Armoury into a Craftworld and Dark panzee section (there is simply too much stuff to fit on one Armoury page), but because one of the players uses a mixed panzee gang this will not take effect until I reboot the playtest campaign.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
I just finished writing up the Polis Stashun, so now you know what happens with gangers who get captured by the authorities. Check it out on the last page of the post-battle sequence document!

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Today's updates: human equipment section, vehicle upgrades and a slight polish of the battle rules. There are still 3 more major sections to tackle: -Kroot and Squat armouries -everything Chaos -Scenarios & running a campaign I think I might start with the last one. It's about time. One of the major downsides I've noticed with Necromunda/Gorkamorka is that eventually campaigns tend to just peter out. There were a few endgame scenarios published later but for GONU I want campaigns to have a clear end point by default. Firstly, players should set a clear real-life time limit AND a maximum gang rating limit. Once either limit is reached, the regular battles are over and the campaign goes into endgame mode: Nu Ork has dropped out of the warp near an inhabited planet and a raiding party is being assembled. Whatever your gang's agenda, this is the perfect opportunity to realize it. Aspiring warbosses finally have a chance to prove themselves on a real battlefield, spies and rebels can take over the ship and escape from the city, etc. However, only the 'ardest gang in each district has received a boarding pass for one of the Killkroozers being dispatched to the planet. As far as the current campaign goes, that means that only the gang with the highest rating has been invited along! Luckily for the lesser gangs, they still have a chance to waylay the undeserving gits on their way to the hangar bays and steal their boarding pass! The other gangs arrange themselves in order of descending gang rating and set up ambushes along the way to the hangar bays. The leading gang has to fight a "convoy run" type scenario against the second-best gang. If it wins, it continues on and fights the next best gang, and so on. If the ambushers win they steal the boarding pass and continue along the path, being ambushed by the lesser gangs in turn. This goes on until every gang has made one attempt at an ambush. The winners of the very last battle arrive at the hangar bay with the boarding pass and go on their merry way, winning the campaign. There is no post-battle sequence after these fights apart from rolling for permanent damage and injuries. No experience is gained and no shopping or recruiting is possible. All the fights are considered to happen in very short order, a span of perhaps a few hours, and there is barely enough time to get everyone hurriedly patched up and guns reloaded before the next ambush. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end...

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Played a game yesterday, no time to write a report right now but here's some pics of our gaming table.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
I agree, rules for ending a game are very handy - one thing to mention is that sometimes particular warriors from campaigns become favourites and it's sad to lose them after the campaign. Could there be a re-hiring rule like there is in GoMo (which means you can hire a boy from an old mob for: cost of model basic + cost of equipment they have + experience divided by ten to show extra cost for a hardened fighter) p.s. I like your gamming table :thumbs
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Thanks! We're using a mix of Cities of Death, Platformer and Hexagon systems, and next time we'll put together some Syberclicks. I am quite the hoarder...

I haven't considered re-hiring. Personally I'm not a fan of re-hiring models from previous campaigns as I kinda see all campaigns actually happening simultaneously in different parts of the city. But I'm not going to tell anyone else how to run their game - the rule is right there in GoMo, if you want to use it, use it (adjusted for the new way of calculating gang rating, of course... I don't think I published that bit yet...?)

For tonight's update I only have some pictures again. Here's one of my new hirelings, a recruit soldier with a snazzgun. In his first game he forgot to bring any ammo (sustained fire JAM on his first shot, failed ammo roll) - this seems to be a running gag amongst my guys.
(ignore the filename, it's a mistake)
Posted Image

Now here's the real power behind the throne in my gang. The mighty Enforcer! WS 5, T 5, W 3, A 3, Thick Skull, Feint, Sidestep, Whirling Fighter. With his 'eavy armour and two riot shields he has a 2+ armour save vs. shooting and 4+ in melee, plus a 5+ special save in melee. All hits against him in melee are at -1 Strength, and he can swap one or both parries from his shields for extra attacks (for a maximum of 6!) I figured he needs to be the coolest model in my gang!
Posted Image

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey hey.

I haven't worked on the rules much lately. The reason is very simple: I'm just enjoying actually playing the game. There's enough material to have a full game experience and I'm not really motivated to mess with it right now. I suspect the next burst of activity will be after we end the current playtest campaign as we will then need new gangs to try out (Chaos!)

To keep this thread active here's a new scenario where the poor gangers have to tackle with a Lictor!
http://freeweb.t-2.n.....0Bug Hunt.pdf
Have played it twice so far and it seems well balanced at a gang rating of 1500-2000. Inexperienced gangs might want to wait a while.

And here's a little addition to my gang, Doctor Grotfriend.
Posted Image

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey hey. I just uploaded all the latest files. For the most part these are only minor tweaks, corrected typos, items moved into alphabetical order and such. Psykers got powered down and I finally split the panzee armouries. Perhaps most importantly I have added the Rogue Mechanicus workshop. The layout isn't polished but everything you need is there. He can give you high-quality bionics, he can cyber up your beasts and he even lets you change your gangers' careers, but he's still a hateful, xenophobic ex-Imperial and there's always a chance he'll get you in trouble with the law just out of spite. EDIT: Updated the ganger file for the second time today, I managed to squeeze in 4 more careers.

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
AWSOME!!! An Update!!! Thanks blackfang! :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Today we wrapped up the first playtest campaign. We'll be moving right on to another one with no break, this time with vehicles and we'll see how that goes. I just got my first official Necromunda models (apart from the plastics in the starter) - a Delaque starter box - so I'll be using a mostly human gang this time, although I'll put in a Blood Axe or two for sure.

On the modelling side, I'm working on some stuff that most people forget when making urban tables.
Posted Image

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey hey, first some modelling news. I'm working on my Delaques, I want to make them into classic gangsters.
Posted Image
Posted Image

You can find my new roster here - subject to change if I can get my mitts on some other models before the next campaign starts.

Onto the rules! I have finally started work on the second-to-last major section. It is nowhere near done but I have put up the current WIP version to whet your appetites ;)

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
The very-WIP Chaos section has been updated (link on the download page): -10 basic chaos careers -5 chaos leader careers (plus one unfinished) -24 generic mutations -24 gifts of the gods

xav++

xav++

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 103 posts
  • Army Name:Saw Teef
You ever heard of shadowrun? Thats what this reminded me of.
“Dere’s jus’ one difference
‘tween Gorkers an’ Morkers,
Gorkers is brutal but cunning
Morkers is cunning but brutal”

"I dunno wot you been told
Stormboy mobz is mighty bold
We're da 'ardest of da lot
We make you boyz look like grots"

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

GorkaMorka Players Unite!!!

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
No news? :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby So nothing yet, is this on hiatus or over or anything? :search :search I'll just be patient and wait.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey, thanks for your concern. We did take a month off from playtesting as my main opponent needed a breather, plus he was busy working at a summer camp for kids. I hope we will resume this weekend.

In the meantime I mostly entertained myself by hunting down Necromunda models on eBay. I now have basic gangs for Delaques, Escher, Van Saars, old Ratskins, old Scavvies, old Goliaths, new Goliaths and old Orlocks, a selection of Scum/Bounty Hunters and also these totally sweet old-skool panzee scouts.

EDIT: Yeah, the link doesn't work because the word filter is set up stupidly.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Okay, so I'm getting ready to finalize the career list. There is one career for every combination of basic skill sets, but the Techno, Driving and Riding groups have a few blank slots. I'm fine with that, since these are more specialized skills, but if anyone has any good ideas for the blank slots I would be very happy to add them. I would need a cool name and maybe a basic concept, no need to bother yourself with career abilities.

Posted Image

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Right then.

Here's the new career file. I've expanded all careers so they have 2 special abilities each (there's a bit of overlap). I'm slightly worried that I'm slowly venturing into "too many rules to remember" territory here. I could use some input. Are extra career rules good or bad?
http://freeweb.t-2.n.....e Careers.pdf

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
And the XL Leader Careers. Besides the original six I have now added the Antihero, the Governor, the Insurgent and the Paragon.

http://freeweb.t-2.n.....r Careers.pdf