Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gangs of Nu Ork

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
Wow, I am really surprised and excited that GONU is actually getting played outside my little clique!

I will probably get another game or two in tomorrow evening. Then on Saturday I will be pimping GONU all day long at a local convention! I only wish my terrain was painted :blush

I don't have any new files today (currently working on Klan rules for the boyz!) but I do have a picture of my two new grot psykers. These are the first minis I built and painted specifically for GONU, for everything else I just use models from my 40k armies. Their names are Dark Magician Girl and Blue Eyes White Gretchin. Yeah.

Posted Image

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Well, here's the first draft with Ork Klans and beakie Chapters included (at the end of the profile section, before careers)
http://freeweb.t-2.n...ngers v-029.pdf

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
The part on ultras is mega funny. "If a beakie from this Chapter goes down or out of action there is no need for other friendly gangers within 2” to make break tests. Everyone loves seeing the poster boys suffer!"

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
got to update the lists now thos extra rules have came out, defenitly going with revoluntary for my leader, fitts the fluff and i love the idea!

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
I updated the Ork and panzee armouries. Nothing major, mostly arranged entries alphabetically where layout permits, added rules and fluff for a few panzee items. Everything that has rules should also have a cost and rarity in the armoury now.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Well, I got thoroughly boned in the last game. :crybaby We tried the water pump scenario again but this time with the objective on the balcony of a large building in the middle of the board. My firebase did well, the Kroot and a new ork recruit I added to handle the Big Shoota took out the panzee Sniper and Doc. Things went south when the gangs met in the middle, mostly thanks to the panzee psyker whom we've named Evil Betty. Evil Betty has the telepath power Feeblemind which makes enemies nearby stupid. Nearly my entire gang was caught in it and all but 2 failed their Ld tests. Evil Betty then proceeded to beat them up 2 or 3 at a time, it was crazy. Evil Betty only wields basic knives but rolls 4 attack dice thanks to getting the +1 Attack advancement twice. I finally took Betty out with a concentrated effort but only after having lost 3/4 of my gang. The snipers then took out the remaining panzees and I actually won the game with 3 models left on the table, the Kroot and two grots. The panzees managed to get 1 unit of water and I got none. My opponent rolled 4 full recoveries and 1 brain damage for his gang, and then his Inventor came up with an Agonizer that Evil Betty will wield from now on. Ouch. My own injury rolls were much worse, I got 1 full recovery out of 9 rolls! The enforcer and the dark panzee have to skip a game, the bodyguard got brain damage, the flamer grot got more shell shock, the human got his left leg crushed, Dark Magician Girl got an old chest wound and the big shoota boy got brain damage as well! Worst of all, the skorcha boy died and took 65 teef worth of gear with him. Only the boss got a full recovery. I sent the bodyguard to the Dok to treat his chest wound from earlier and he got a squig juice implant, but has to skip a game due to complications. So I lost a ganger and another 3 have to skip a game, leaving me with only 8 the next time I play. Advancement was slow this time as well as I got barely any XP. The Kroot rolled up the Gunfighter skill which is useless for him, on the bright side the dark panzee got rapid fire so together with gunfighter he can shoot 4 times if he doesn't move!

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Ouch! Hope you're enemy get's bad rarity rolls. :search

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
So, two more games and more tragedy, but I'll leave that for last. Things were a little hectic today and I don't remember much detail about gameplay. As I said before, 3 of my 11 gangers would sit out a game due to various complications and botched surgeries. To top that off, Dark Magician Girl decided to stay at home nursing her old battle wound, so only 7 gangers turned up to fight over the water pump this time. The definite highlight was Grabnutz, the infiltrating flamer grot. After a long string of pointless ambushes he finally got to roast a panzee again, IIRC he took down the one carrying the shredder. Of course he was then quickly dispatched by Evil Betty. With my poor to mediocre troops barely outnumbering his elites I just couldn't cope and bottled out in pretty short order leaving the panzees with 1 unit of water pumped. Then we played the Skinner cage scenario and I was back to my full 11 guys this time. The big shoota boy rolled stupidity for his brain damage effect which was quite debilitating. The brave Grabnutz managed to hold off Evil Betty in single combat for a round and then got taken out by the panzee leader. This gave me the chance to draw a bead on Evil Betty and by sheer luck the big shoota boy was not stupid that turn. He rolled his first sustained fire die and got a jam. Passed the ammo roll. Rolled his second die and got a 1. Rolled the attack, hit on a 6, wounded and downed Evil Betty, then failed the ammo roll for hitting on a 6. So my brain-damaged boy apparently brought a big shoota with a single bullet to the fight! :bang My dark panzee was pretty good this game, pinning the enemy sniper and downing the shredder guy with his twin, rapid-firing pistols. The bodyguard finally got his first kick in (after 9 games or so!!!) by charging and finishing off the downed shredder guy. Somewhere in the middle of it all my boss ran away due to seeing a friend go down nearby... in the end I bottled out again leaving 1 loot to the enemy, but this time I had 7 gangers left standing! The post-battle sequence would be good. Well, I took the human to the Haemonculus to have a look at his bum leg and that daft panzee zogger gave him a Squat leg transplant :bang The big shoota boy was more lucky getting his brain damage treated. The treatment unlocked some latent potential and now he has the Runt Punt minor psychic power! Before these two games we finally worked out our gang ratings for the first time and as it turns out I'm waaaay behind (no, really?) so I got a load of underdog bonus experience. Most of my guys advanced 3-4 times tonight with too many bonuses to list. 5 of my guys have BS 4 now, for example. Well, here's the bad news. The brave Grabnutz did not survive the last game. The much-abused infiltrator was laid to rest with all honours, his trusty hand flamer buried at his side. Good night, sweet prince. :crybaby

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey hey. So I spent all day playing and demoing GONU at a con yesterday. I think I played a total of 6-7 games against 3 different people. Needless to say, my gang is near unrecognizable. There were two more fatalities. My dark panzee died in combat and my Kroot was tortured to death by the Haemonculus when he went to have a head wound looked at. With this, half of my original gangers are dead. I hired a fish'ead sniper with a pulse carbine for some more firepower and I'm trying to get anoter panzee but I keep failing the rarity roll. Advancement was pretty favourable. The enforcer was especially lucky, he is now WS 5, T 5, W 3, A 3 with Feint and a Thick Skull. I equipped him with two riot shields so he can roll 4 attack dice and parry twice, roll five attack dice and parry once, or roll six dice with no parry. The grot sniper was also doing great and was up to BS 4, then he got captured by ruffians and delivered to the lab of Mad Dok Orkenstein, who hacked off his right arm and replaced it with a hook for -1 WS and BS. He's still ok with his kustomized shoota that has a sustained fire die that he can fire twice while stationary (Rapid Fire) or once when running (Hip Shooting), plus he can re-roll injuries (Crack Shot). The big shoota boy has also turned out well, he reaced BS 4 pretty quickly and also got Marksman. His big shoota has also been kustomized with so it now has 3 sustained fire dice! My panzee opponent also had a harsh lesson about random charts. The infamous Evil Betty got turned into a mindless Grotesque by an overzealous Haemonculus. This is doubly fortunate since I loathed the psyker with a passion and now we'll get to test the rules for big beasts! As far as rules go I'll have to have a hard look at the morale section, which we were all pretty hazy on.

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
having injured my foot and not being able to work this week end, my friends came over Saturday and we had another game, but before that we did the serious injuries from our last game (because i didn't take those rules with me) my tracker gain impressive scars (+1 LD) my soldier made a full recovery my bruiser got an old battle wound and shell shocked (-1 I) loota gob made a full recovery boy dragga became blind in his left eye and the kommando was captured by the city police, the mekboy had to go get him back from the grots I also gained a recruit human scavenger while exploring the ruins for loot yay! for our next game, we had a proper ruined city landscape, with 4 loot counters up for grabs. the orks went first and used their 2 big shootas to down my new scavenger and my tracker, both crawled into cover and my sniper hit and wounded nob skargrowl, the orks rushed the loot counters near them and put them into their trukk (we agreed that you could leave loot counters in you vehicles), while they did this i grabbed the one near me and put it into old faithful, both gangs then rushed for the last loot counter, my scavenger and tracker where both up now, but couldn't shoot straight to save their lives and where taken out of action by loota gob, in return, my sniper hit Nob skargrowl again and put him out of action, my driver manned the heavy stubber for a turn (he had parked the tank) and put it to good use by shooting the drive shaft of the trukk to small pieces, immobilizing it, in the next (and final) turn, the mekboy, bog dragga, and the kommando all charged into the middle building where the loot counter was to fight hand-to-hand with my leader, bruiser and doctor, the orks however, did poorly and where swiftly forced to retreat by the combined attacks of my leader and bruiser, they proceeded to knock out boy dragga again and freed the good doctor to grab the last free loot counter. next turn, the orks bottled and ran. after the battle, we both kept our vehicles, and checked to see what our loot counter were, we gain 5 loot each from those. the orks trukk gained an annoying squeak, which will the annoy the mekboy to no end. my 2 guys who went down both managed to make full recoveries. the orks weren't so lucky boy dragga had his left arm smashed the kommando was captured again by kroot carnivores, who didn't eat him Nob skargrowl was captured by the police, but due to being a Mob boss, they let him go. for advances there was lots to do, anyone who had survived the last game gained one. my leader gained a extra wound, my sniper became a escape artist, my doctor gained + 1 attack, my bruiser earned a killer reputation, my soldier became a Armorer and my driver became an inventor. for the orks the mekboy became a mechanic the gunner got + 1T loota gob got + 1BS my bruiser went to the retired Haemonculus to see if he could lose his old battle wound, the procedure was successful for 24 teef, my bruiser gained chameleonline skin for his troubles. boy dragga was taken by loota gob to the retired Haemonculus as well to fix his arm, this was also successful for 30 teef, boy dragga got his regular arm back. the ork gunner explored the city and found 2 loot, add this to the 5 loot the orks already and and they gain 120 teef. the mek boy takes their trukk to the big mekboys shop and got more armour added to the trukk, making it tougher, all that for 5 teef! so the orks have 160 teef and no one to spend it for them (yet). for my gang i had more options, i sent 3 of my gangers exploring and found some awesome graffiti, as well as 3 loot, add to the 5 loot i had, which give me 130 teef. my technician take old faithful to the mekshop as well, and get the armour upgraded as well for 7 teef. my leader goes to town and does some shopping, buying a flamer and laspistol for the soldier, and hiring a veteran explorer, who was given the soldiers former lasgun. more on Tuesday most likely

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Sounds like you got pretty lucky in post-battle! My dice just keep trolling me, I have passed ONE rarity check so far in about 15 games, 4 of my guys died, Doks keep messing my guys up or giving them squat legs, I never get triples or more on exploration even when I send 6 or more guys exploring, etc. Grrrr!

I don't have any new files for you, I am currently tweaking some things slightly based on Saturday's games. I did manage to convert and paint up two more gangers. Allow me to introduce Bangbuzz, the recruit Ork gunner who managed to rocket to BS 4 in his first couple of battles, and Silent Zog the grot sniper, one of my few remaining original gangers.
Posted Image

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Is there a mutant armory? + My Latest List!

Attached Files

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
my leader is a revolutionary, so I always pass the rarity rolls for the human armoury. for our third game, we both agreed to not use our transports, and use the gun fight mission from the necromunda books, but start 12" away. we set up the models and it shows that the orks are outnumbered, but they hope the big shoota gives them the win. i go first and proceed to move to flamer range and basically fired the flamer down the file of orks, taking a wound of Nob skargrowl, putting the mek boy out of action, and downing loota gob. the rest of my boys fails to do anything due to stumbling around with their weapons, or missing at point blank range. Nob skargrowl immediately charges my flamer trotting soldier and knocks him out cold, the kommando and boy dragga both fire their sluggas before charging and knocking out my scavenger and my tracker. next turn my leader and bruiser charge Nob skargrowl and the rest of the lads move away from the kommando and boy dragga, my lads gun them downs with multiple lasgun shots and my leader puts his chain sword to good use to force Nob skargrowl out of action. I'll list the post battle sequence later after my dinner

AncientSociety

AncientSociety

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 124 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzon Spaz Piratez
I'm curious why you felt it was ok to "borrow" large sections of my own Inquisimunda rules for this ruleset without, at the very least, giving me due credit...?

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
Now don't go around pointing such fingers... :nono

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Ok, I just managed to catch up with this thread (exams aren't giving me much free time). 1. I can't believe how well this is coming together! I really want to start trying to play it myself and I know someone who will be very excited in bringing some other races into this sort of game. 2. Hand on, is 'AncientSociety' saying that parts of the rules for this were copied from his rules or am I reading it wrong? What’s going on! (If parts of the rules were copied then I don't think it matters too much but credit needs to be given to where they came from.)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Moving right along. If anyone really wants to know, please read AncientSociety's Inquisimunda rules and make your own conclusions. We played a new scenario today, a variation of the loot grab. There are some tokens in Gorkamorka that have numbers 1-8 on the back side. We used tokens 1-6 and spread them face down on the table. We then rolled 3 dice to see which numbers were actually loot and which were worthless. When a ganger picked up a token that player could look at the number, but his opponent still wouldn't know whether the token was worth anything or not. This was the first game in which my panzee opponent used his new Grotesque (formerly known as Evil Betty, the infamous panzee psyker). Obviously he hired a Handler to mind it, and he also got a new psyker. This one rolled Demoralize as his major telepathy power. The grotesque turned out to be reasonably nasty but beatable. It charged my Bodyguard ork and the human grenadier and took down the latter (he managed crawled away only to pass out for good in the recovery phase) but the Bodyguard endured. I then charged in with my boss, had the Bodyguard fight first to give the boss an outnumbering bonus, and he krumped the Grotesque no problem. Luckily for me my opponent rolled noting but Movement buffs on the Grotesque's combat drugs, so it wasn't all that 'ard in melee. Meanwhile the rest of the panzees ran amok in my firebase as I had to deploy my snipers on the ground floor. They were all taken out in short order by the shredder guy and the panzee boss. Silent Zog did manage to overwatch-shoot the enemy psyker and pin him, and then finish him off with another shot on my turn. In my left flank the Enforcer (now wielding two shields) went up alone against the panzee sniper, doctor and handler. He took one down, then the panzee boss joined in and my guy was overwhelmed. I did actually completely forget that he had two parries (that he could also exchange for bonus attacks) so that might have gone differently. In the end I bottled out with only Dark Magician Girl and the Bodyguard left standing. Appropriately, the Enforcer got captured by the panzees but he was kindly ransomed back for a mere 30 teef and a Hamonculus freebie coupon. The big shoota boy got his left arm smashed, the boss got shell shock and the fish'ead sniper got an old battle wound. On the upside I got a load of XP for being the underdog again (by over 500 points!). The boss got Killer Reputation, the Enforcer got Sidestep, the Bodyguard got Thick Skull, the big shoota boy got +1 A (boo!), Silent Zog got +1 I, Dark Magician Girl got +1 S and +1 BS (come on, gimme a Ld increase already!), the human got Surprise Assault and Dive For Cover (good combo!) and the fish'ead got Infiltration. Since rearity rolls were kind to me for a change I was also able to hire a regular Ork soldier to tote the snazzgun I had bought earlier, and a regular dark panzee stalker to take up the long rifle which my deceased Kroot used to carry. I'm thinking of rebooting the playtest campaign soon and finally introduce vehicles.

AncientSociety

AncientSociety

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 124 posts
I just find it interesting that Blackfang wrote me a month ago, essentially saying "can I borrow some of your Inquisimunda rules" and when I mention I'd rather he not that his reply is he's beyond the point where my rules would be helpful. He admits to using Inquisimunda as a "inspiration", even though I've already found that Servitors and Familiars are nearly identical to my own, many of the additional rules I added for Inquisimunda such as Floating and Flying are about 90% the same here, incorrect entries in my Armoury are repeated (for example, the Shuriken Catapult is incorrectly a Str 3 weapon both in Inquisimunda and here), race stats and points values are almost the same with one or 2 minor changes, and that GoNU hints at Chaos Legion-specific upgrades just as Inquisimunda hints at Mark of Chaos-specific upgrades (because I haven't got around to writing them).....shall I go on? When asked via email to at least credit Inquisimunda, Blackfang has been flippant, saying that it is simply a "fluff" resource. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Next you're gonna claim that you've invented all of these things. Let's not kid ourselves, everything both of us have done is extremely derivative. All that reading Inquisimunda has done is to remind me about some cool 40k things that I should include. Things that were all already established in the 40k fluff. There isn't an iota or new material in Inquisimunda that I've seen. I did not copy any of your rules directly, everything has been built from the ground up or based on GW's own resources. You really think you deserve as much credit as the guy who wrote the Ash Wastes vehicle rules that I use almost unchanged? I didn't even see your stuff until I was a couple of weeks into the project and someone on 4chan pointed me at your website when I was asking for ideas. Claiming that statlines were copied with only minor changes is ridiculous. In case you haven't noticed, there's practically no wiggle room in a system with an effective range of maybe 3 values per characteristic. It's absolutely unavoidable that they would look similar. For example, are you saying you somehow have a claim on panzee being Toughness 3 and so mine have to be Toughness 2 or 4??? No, sir, you will not appear in the credits. You ignored me for over a month when I tried to contact you and now you're stirring up drama because you smelled some free publicity. Go take your delusions of originality elsewhere.

AncientSociety

AncientSociety

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 124 posts
Blackfang, Inquisimunda has been doing just fine publicity-wise since it went live over 6 months ago. I've no desire to perform a "smear campaign" against GoNU and I've neither named or shamed you on my blog or on other forums. The only places I've mentioned this (outside of responding to your email) are on Dakka and The Waagh forums where you have started threads. I do apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I've been busy in my personal life lately and I also wasn't exactly sure how to respond to an email asking to "borrow" my material. I actually don't claim originality for Inquisimunda as a whole. If you bother to read the Inquisimunda Resources page, I state flatly that the idea for this came directly from Migsula's blog here on Dakka. Additionally, the rules are written to force players to utilize GW's ruleset. There are several areas that I've modified for Inquisimunda that, whilst not "original" are changed so substantially that it could be argued fall under the banner of being new to Inquisimunda. I do, however, realize that I've no claim to Inquisimunda or the various IPs. As such, I haven't asked you to remove or modify those items in GoNU that are the same or similar. As I've stated, I'm not being unreasonable in my assertion that you should at least credit me as a source of inspiration. I find it odd that, in your initial email to me (made before GoNU was released) you flatly state that you'd like to borrow some of my material and now you suddenly think it's ludicrous to even mention Inquisimunda in the same breath as GoNU. I'll make the assertion that, at this point, you don't wish to do so more because I've wounded your pride, then out of any sense of your "being in the right". Good luck to your ruleset.