Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gangs of Nu Ork

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
I haven't had much time to read these lately and have just caught up on this thread. I have to say this is looking like it is turning out really well. Generally this stuff looks brilliant (and I agree the "Captured By Ruffians" table is brilliant). It looks like this project will need a lot of work on it so if there's anything I could do to help with the project just tell me and I'll see what I can do as I'd love to be involved. One of few issues is the serious injury table seems a bit harsh, whereas with GoMo mobsters who role on the serious injury table usually get off without too much trouble. (Thatís my experience of it anyway.) Thatís only my first reaction to seeing it so I might be wrong. It's coming along really nicely - keep it up! :thumbs
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
  • Army Name:Nu Orkers
Thanks a lot, guys. I'm glad that interest is picking up ever so slightly. Jorvanni, I think you might like the way I'm going with vehicles. Previews soon! Da Bikers, thanks for your comments. I'm going to crunch some numbers and see how the new and old injury tables compare. If it's too harsh I could expand the full recovery result to rolls of 6,7, 8. And thank you for your offer to help. I could use some, actually. And if anyone else wants to chip in, all the better. What I need is wargear for Orks, panzee, fish'ead and others in the vein of the non-weapon equipment in Necromunda. I will post what I have so far in that regard soon so you can see where I'm going with it. Also ideas for vehicle upgrades and for visiting other races' versions of Doks and Meks. I have Dark panzee doctors covered - the Haemonculi will be all too pleased to hack off your limbs and graft some disturbing organic replacements. As for today's update, two big ones. Here we have the ganger profiles, careers and the humble beginnings of the armoury section. I consider the first two parts just about done apart from some fluff and space filler. [attachment deleted, see later posts for up to date versions] The post-battle sequence section now includes vehicle permanent damage, skill charts, shopping and Dok's Serjery. You might have to scroll past an empty page or two. [attachment deleted, see later posts for up to date versions] :cheers

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
So here are the worky bits: The new serious injury table has a 1/6 chance of full recovery while the old one had 2/6. However, on the new table there is also an almost 1/6 chance of getting a result of "full recovery, but you muss the next game" so the chances of a fighter making it with no lasting injury is almost the same except that on the new chart he might miss one game. On the flipside, the new chart only has a 1/36 chance of DEAD while the old one had 5/36. This is good as it makes up for some new game rules that kill outright, like the Kroot ability to eat enemy models. The new table has 2/36 chance of Captured compared to 3/36 before. This could be a bit more (to take advantage of the Ruffians table) so maybe it'll get moved to a "better" spot. The chances of Leg, Arm and Chest injury have all tripled or quadrupled. This is acceptable as it encourages visits to the Dok or Haemonculus to gain fun new abilities. But they could be moved to a "worse" spot or be combined into one spot to make room for a less debilitating result (like bringing back "Hates the enemy" results which were removed) The new table also has almost double the chance of getting an Old Battle Wound. This might also need to be rectified as wounds are cumulative and a ganger could very well be missing all his games soon.

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Wazzaaaaa
Very interesting so far. I love the idea of using the different races even squats LOL. I am looking forward to the vehicle rules. Since GoMo started I made various designs to include cover flamers, Monster trucks (big tires) and others. The only problem I had duriong that time was the narrow rules on vehicles and people reading within the lines Keep up the good work :search

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
So here is all the Ork non-weapon wargear that I have so far. This is where you guys come in. I could really use more ideas. I'd like to add another 2 pages' worth of stuff to this section. [attachment deleted, see later posts for up to date versions]

Brogz

Brogz

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
A rokkit pack. :thumbs And please don't quit or :choppa

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Oh, I'm not quitting. But I'd rather not turn this thread into a solo blog, if there's no input I won't bother posting. :search

I am mostly done updating the combat rules. There are changes all over the place as I basically copy/pasted Necromunda Community Edition, Gorkamorka vehicle rules and Ash Wastes vehicle rules, then reworded everything so it made more sense (to me).

Most notable changes are probably:
-Initiative no longer plays any role in melee, in case of a tie both fighters are hit once simultaneously
-an Initiative test allows you to dodge partial flamer and blast hits
-hand flamer template is back
-redone scatter and sustained fire rules
-rules for moving or blowing up some terrain features
-some common weapon abilities made into USR
-psychology streamlined

Attached File  Rulebook_Battles_v06.pdf   1017.61KB   14 downloads

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Ok, finally fixed the laptop so can start ploughing through my 'to do' list. I've always liked rocket packs so I've decided to make these first. This is the first time I've done anything like this so I'm not sure how itís turned out - constructive comments welcome. I hope these help and I will try to make some more rules asap but with exams looming I'm not sure when that will be - shouldn't be too long though. Attached File  Rocket_Packs.pdf   335.07KB   10 downloads
(\__/)

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey, that's pretty good, thank you. But I don't necessarily expect this amount of detail in people's contributions. I'll be perfectly happy with just general ideas, like "make rules for that long boat hook thing in the panzee Raider kit so that it allows you to pull models off passing vehicles." Anything that you think would fit thematically or would make a cool conversion or an ability you think would make play more fun... feel free to share. I'm attaching what I have so far to avoid repetition and unnecessary work for you guys. My target is 12 pages total for each species. The humans especially still have several blank pages. Attached File  2.1_Ork_Equipment_v_05.pdf   578.49KB   18 downloads Attached File  2.2_Human_Equipment_v_05.pdf   501.71KB   15 downloads Attached File  2.3_Eldar_Equipment_v_04.pdf   452.67KB   10 downloads

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Every update of the thread is like Christmas to me LOL. On the rocket pack rules can they be used to embark? Would it be a penalty? Maybe a table with outcomes. Will get my old brain working to see what ideas I can drop but so far you are making a father and son very happy with your Nu Ork concept.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Thank you, that is a super nice thing to say. Just for that, here is a little preview of another section I'm working on. Attached File  beasts1.pdf   203.25KB   8 downloads And I'll drop a little bomb: I'm planning on having at least 96 psychic powers.

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts

On the rocket pack rules can they be used to embark? Would it be a penalty? Maybe a table with outcomes.

Two ideas occur to me:

Number one = they could take an initiative test with modifiers such as -1 if the vehicle is moving and -2 if under thrusters (it sounds harsh but attempting to land safely on a vehicle going break neck speeds while semi-out of control on a rocket pack would be next to impossible. if it fell to negative initiative it could work like this: -1 = roll D6 1 followed by D6 4+ and -2 roll D6 1 followed by D6 3+. this would represent how it was near imposable but there is a tiny chance it could happen. if the test is passed the model can board the vehicle and if it is failed both the model and vehicle take one S4 hit as if he hit a wall.

Number two = that could be a skill they could learn from a rocket pack skill table I could try to draw up if anyone's interested as it sounds like something highly skilled to me.

@lord_blackfang I know that you don't expect these to be this detailed but with me I can't help it - it's details or nothing! Also the 96 physic powers sounds awsm, I don't think there's another game like this (such as GoMo, necro etc.) with 96 anything... now to read the beasts document.
(\__/)

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
96? interesting. Thanks for the info on beasts. I always wanted to play GoMo with less restrictions ie: races, gear etc. You are making it happen. I used to think like the old Predator movies. Going to planets for the thrill of the hunt as we did at the beginning of the past century traveling to Africa and such. As Da Bikers running to read the beasts document, I will run to my workshop and pull the MacFarlane beast and get ready to kitbash LOL.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey, just wanted to report that I played the first playtest game yesterday and it was a blast. We used 750-teef gangs with no vehicles for now. I fielded: Veteran Ork Bruiser (my leader) with Big Choppa, Slugga, Flakka Armour and Hair Squig Regular Ork Enforcer with Choppa, Riot Shield and 'Eavy Armour Regular Ork Gunner with Skorcha Regular Ork Bodyguard with Blunderbuss and Flakka Armour Regular Grot Sniper with Hand Kannon Recruit Grot Scavenger with Laspistol Recruit Dark Elfdar Soldier with Splinter Rifle Regular Kroot Sniper with Elfdar Long Rifle My opponent had an small, elite force of 4 Veteran Elfdar with good armour, an panzee Long Rifle, a Flamer, and some basic weapons We played on a moderately congested cityfight table, the mission was to recover 5 loot counters. The Elfdar sniper took out my bodyguard ork right off the bat. My gang advanced towards the center in a group and was opposed by a lone, brave Elfdar with a flamer, who never worked up the nerve to actually approach close enough to use his weapon. He retreated back, pursued by my Nob. Meanwhile my enforcer picked up a loot token an hoofed it, while two Elfdar did the same. My skorcha boy was also felled by the panzee sniper and this caused the nearby sniper grot to bolt for cover. My Kroot circled around the right and took out a loot-carrying panzee with his long rifle. The Elfdar sniper covered the other two as they retreated with more loot, but the Nob hoofed it after them. After a poorly eyeballed charge the Nob stopped 1" short of the enemy sniper - oops! He took a bullet to the face but only suffered a flesh wound, and shrugged off the flames that washed over him through an open window. The flamer panzee ran out of fuel, so that was that! The Nob krumped the sniper good and hard, scoring a hit with his slugga and two with his big choppa despite having 1 less WS that the sniper AND nursing a flesh wound. The remaining two panzees reached the edge of the table and ran off with their loot counters, leaving the other 3 for me. In the post-battle sequence one of the fallen panzees got an Old Battle Wound and the other suffered an Arm Wound. My fallen bodyguard boy escaped unscathed while the skorcha boy also suffered an Old Battle Wound. He immediately went to get it treated by a Dok but rolled a 1 on the Dok's Surprise! table, so his wound was treated but he got no bioniks and he has to roll on the Eksperiment table at the start of his next game. I also got enough teef from exploration to hire another ganger, a Recruit Human Grenadier with frag grenades. He also brought a hand flamer with him which he immediately swapped with the scavenger grot for his laspistol. Both my recruits got enough XP for an advancement and rolled an 11 and a 12, so I got to pick any skill of my choice for both of them. I took Infiltration for the hand flamer-toting grot and Sprint for the Dark Panzee. Hopefully we'll get another game in tonight.

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
So I got in another 2 games yesterday! We tried a new scenario: there's a control panel for a water pump in the middle of the table. The pump pumps one unit of water at the end of each turn. It starts the game in a neutral position. A ganger in contact with the pump can re-direct the flow into his gang's territory on a 5+. The first gang to have 3 units of water pumped into their territory wins! We deployed in the corners, with the hand flamer grot infiltrating behind the panzees. He got confronted by the flamer panzee but shrugged off the flames and took out the space elf with his own hand flamer! He was then dispatched in short order by the others, but this gave me ample time to reach the objective and my enforcer took control of the pump on the first try. My Nob charged the panzee leader but got his ass handed to him. Like wise the Kroot charged the panzee sniper and got taken out as well. The fresh-faced 'umie grenadier then lobbed a shell into the building where two of the panzee were sniping from and took one out. The panzees bottled out. My boss got brain damage from his wound and the kroot got shell shock. Most funny of all, the flamer grot got a chest wound that took his Toughness down to 1. The Nob went to see a Dok immediately and got his head fixed up with a nice set of steel horns! The human recruit rolled up the Crack Shot skill (does that even work with grenades?) andthe Kroot got +1 Ld. I didn't have the teef for any shopping this time round, but the Elfdar finally saved up for a fifth ganger. Then we played another game with the same scenario. Again the flamer grot infiltrated but this time he got dakka'd before doing any damage. A goodround of panzee shooting had most of my mob on the floor, but somehow they all got back up with mere flesh wounds. The enforcer once again reached the pump first and got it under control on the first try. The Nob's charge went off a lot better this time and the krumped one panzee and floowed up into contact with another one. The Kroot took out an enemy with his last bullet and the panzees ran off once again! All but two of my guys got an advance after this game. The Nob got the skill for a 4" follow-up move, it will come in quite handy. The enforcer got +1W and +1A, NICE! The skorcha boy (who has yet to hurt anyone) got Crushing Blow, meh. The bodyguard got +1 T, very handy. The grot sniper also got +1 T and is now as hard as an Ork! The flamer grot got +1 W, so he now had Toughness 1 but 2 wounds. Hilarious. And finally, my Dark Panzee got a skill of my choice and I took Rapid Fire for his Splinter Rifle. I took the flamer grot to a Dok's and got his chest wound fixed, and the dok threw in a squig juice implant, so the grot can now hulk out :lol I now have 121 teef to spend on common items from the Ork and panzee armoury before the next game. I did manage to fail all rarity rolls so far in all 3 games. :bang

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Wow, I can't believe it! When this post started I thought it was just going to be another 'wouldn't it be nice...' post but this one is actually happening! This sounds brilliant and I've got to try to get around to having a go at some point, although I just brought my opponent a Deffcopta for his birthday and he's quite excited about using it so I'll have to do that first. How well did everything work? - was anything too powerful or too weak? :) :cheers :thumbs (sorry, got excited in range of emoticons...)
(\__/)

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Thanks! The only snag we noticed was that my 8-strong gang had a huge advantage over his 4 panzees even with his guys being far superior fighters. He had trouble getting to multiple objectives and he was barely able to do anything in the post-battle phase, typically only having 2 guys left standing. So I would say the price difference between the various levels of competence might be a bit too large. On the other hand, I think a few veterans are completely worth their cost in a mixed gang for the power they bring to the table, so maybe it's simply a list-building issue and all-veteran gangs are just a bad idea in general. We did not have any issues with the actual mechanics or stats, but of course it's hard to judge based on only 3 games. I'm sure the cost of some weapons and wargear is massively off as I'm too inexperienced with the game to even eyeball their real worth. This problem will obviously lessen with time. And here's the warbeast document again with a LOT of new stuff. Mostly doen now apart from a few big beasts near the middle. Attached File  4.0_Warbeasts_and_Mounts_v_06.pdf   598.67KB   5 downloads

Da Bikers

Da Bikers

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 184 posts
Wow, they look great; I'm defiantly going to have some of them in my mob!
(\__/)

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Glad to hear it!

I'm supposed to have the next test game on Thursday night. My opponent has a recruit that he hasn't picked a career for yet. I'll try to convince him to go for a Psyker so we can test this brand new section! Here's the psyker rules and the first 60 psychic powers! More to come in the Chaos section later.

Attached File  5.0_Psychic_Powers_v_05.pdf   444.83KB   9 downloads

lord_blackfang

lord_blackfang

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 325 posts
Hey hey. Played my fourth game today. 5 loot counters again. I convinced my opponent to make one of his guys a Psyker. He chose Telepathy and rolled up the major power that makes allies immune to pinning and a minor power for +2" move. My opponent is finding his footing fast. I set up a nice ambush with the hand flamer grot again but thanks to the speed buff the psyker was able to charge him and take him out. There was a big building in the middle this time with two loot counters in it so everybody converged there. The panzee flamer was able to cover 3 of my guys at once, funnily enough none of them got wounded but all of them caught fire! They all put out the flames apart from the consistently unlucky bodyguard ork who went out of action yet again - like every game so far! My own skorcha was similarly successful, setting the panzee leader on fire but leaving the flamer elf unscathed. My warboss was able to charge the flamer guy and took him out while losing 1 wound, but he couldn't follow up into the enemy leader because he was on fire! The sneaky elf put out the flames and charged my boss, taking him out. With 3 down I took a bottle test and ran for it. I had one loot counter which the Kroot promptly dropped as he hoofed it. But my gang did not leave completely empty-handed as they captured the flamer elf and ransomed him for 50 teef! For the first time my opponent had some manpower in the post-battle phase with only one guy out of action. He rolled 3 exploration dice and got triples (darn his luck) and found some amusing graffiti that will give his gang +1 Ld for the next game. I sent all my survivors exploring and didn't get any multiples even on 6 dice! My boss is now nursing an injured right arm but I figure he can just use that one to hold the pistol, so no loss. The human recruit got +1 A, not great for a dedicated grenade lobber. The Kroot got +1 BS which is awesome. Best of all, I rolled double 6 on the injury table for the flamer grot and he got 2 experience points fighting his way home! This got him a WS/BS advancement. Since he's toting a flamer anyway I chose WS to help him survive in melee. No shopping for me this turn as everybody was busy exploring the city, but my hoard is at 120 teef again so after the next game I intend to splurge for a really big gun! It's quite likely I'll get to play again tomorrow.