Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKFEST VI

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Not promising anything yet, but just in case can you get some info for me?

Location of the Krumpin' zone - sorted

Some hotel in the area with a bed and a bar (an' jak-uzi wiv hot and cold running chocolate coated dancing grotz) - its like a rash of motels, but which is any good?

Name of the local model shop (s) - http://www.gamersrea...tore1/index.php

Location of the local UPS/FedEx/ etc. depot that invasion parcels could be sent to - may be sorted
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts

Not promising anything yet, but just in case can you get some info for me?

Location of the Krumpin' zone

Some hotel in the area with a bed and a bar (an' jak-uzi wiv hot and cold running chocolate coated dancing grotz)

Name of the local model shop (s)

Location of the local UPS/FedEx/ etc. depot that invasion parcels could be sent to.

DUDE! A UK attendee!

(i just lost that little bit of wee i had)
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
eddie the troll on our side of the pond? Really?!? That'd be awesome! The game shop is The Gamers' Realm which is in West Windsor, NJ. I'd offer you a bed at my place (no bar, but there're enough nearby ;) ), but there's a pretty good chance my place will be full of my kids that weekend. I will ask around some of the regulars what hotels they've used in the past and let you know. I would also suggest flying into Newark instead of JFK if that's an option... trust me, it's an easier drive to our neck of the woods. And if you're not planning to rent a car I'll fetch you from Newark (I won't make that offer for JFK!) Parcel delivery... dunno, I'd have to check.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob

eddie the troll on our side of the pond? Really?!? That'd be awesome!

The game shop is The Gamers' Realm which is in West Windsor, NJ. I'd offer you a bed at my place (no bar, but there're enough nearby ;) ), but there's a pretty good chance my place will be full of my kids that weekend. I will ask around some of the regulars what hotels they've used in the past and let you know. I would also suggest flying into Newark instead of JFK if that's an option... trust me, it's an easier drive to our neck of the woods. And if you're not planning to rent a car I'll fetch you from Newark (I won't make that offer for JFK!) Parcel delivery... dunno, I'd have to check.

If this event takes place in July I should be able to go, so when you find out that information about local areas to stay let me know as well because to my surprise the Mrs. wants to go. If this is in June I won't be able to make it as I will be teaching school until the July 1.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Interesting, the mere mention of possible attendees from other areas induces uncontrolled movements of the bladder in some forum members. Must remember to wear my wellington boots and plastic poncho if I make it; who knows what the presence of an actual foreigner would have on the internal organs of other attendees. Seems airfreight is cheaper by volume than weight, how many figures can you get in a box 17" x 17" x 34" and weighing less than 25lbs.
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Warboss Waaazag

Warboss Waaazag

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 297 posts
  • Army Name:Yrakz Shootaz & Waaaagh! Waaazag Da Kan't Stoppable!
So is this thing open to any Waaagh!er with a painted army? Because if that's the case (and I am free whenever this thing takes place) I'm there. New Jersey is practically a suburb of NYC, just a leap across the river for me.
My semi-regular Badmoon/Dethskullz Army blog

My "other stuff" thread.

Like my stuff? Why not Commission Me to make something for you?

Warboss Waaazag da Kan't Stoppable's Personal Waaagh!
W/D/L
3/1/1

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Open to anyone willing to drag their green arse down to the Armpit of the East...
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
I NEED to go! I need a date as well, so's I can mark it in GREEN on my Sporesuit Illustrated calendar!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts

Open to anyone willing to drag their green arse down to the Armpit of the East...

hah ill see if i will go.....
sounds interesting and fun too :D

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
The date will be July, looking at the weekend following the 4th. Which is independance day for the gits in the USA. I've got some limited crash space available, but will probrobly be full with Noser, MTD, and Gragdush taking up all my spare sleeping room. Maybe room for one more git. There is a Ramada inn and an econo lodge nearby which are nice places. Both in Hightstown NJ 08520 right off of the turnpike on Route 33. There are plenty of dives to but I'll steer you guys away from them. Any motel/hotel on Route 130 is a dive except for the Hilton in Hamilton NJ 08690. It is about 20 minutes from the game store. I've got the codex about finished for the event. I added the squats army list as a salute to the skumgrods. Once Mad Grot gets a chance to edit it, we will throw it up for download. We will be using apocalypse rules for the game. The codex of da ORKPOKALYPSE will be da offical rules supplement for the game. No point limit, no limit on superheavies, all models must be painted. [Three colors minimum.] Event fee is $20.00 US dollars per person, there will be free pizza, drinks, and prizes. The only rule we have is that everyone have fun. I say this at every mega battle...Bring whatever you want, but bring what you can logically play/move around for the day. I keep my force under 10k in points and use only one superheavy. My great gargant has so many weapons and special rules it takes a majority of my time trying to run it proppa, the extra troops I bring along are mostly used as a meat shield to surround the gargant so it can't get swamped in close combat by any dedicated assault troops. I tend to use the rest of my stuff as reinforcements to spread around the battle where needed. I'll have my loaner Ork army available, it is 2k in points and has a little bit of every thing in it. WAAAGH! da ORKFEST plans
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
I know there is some decent hotels and such in the Langhorne, Pa area. Right off Rt1 and I-95, though it is about 30 mintes from The Gamers Realm.
Local Link

There is also a swanky Marriott in a nice corner of Trenton, which in turn isn't far from the store. Anuva Link

And there is a Holiday Inn Express in ye olde Morrisville, but I've never stayed at it. You can see it from my apartment

Who knows what I'm doing for breakfast let alone July. :/ ;)
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Sproston thanks for the links ya freebootin git. :cheers WAAAGH! da ORKFEST planning stages
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Green Git

Green Git

Periscope

• Deathskullz
  • 773 posts
  • Army Name:Big Mek Burnstuf's Lootaz
This sounds like fun... might be time for a road trip! Will have to see how the schedule pans out but it's a definite maybe.
No, dis is no yer fing. I stole it fair and square. 'Sides, it's painted bloo now.

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Well if dat no gud git Morfang iz gunna be der I guess I got to git in on da fight to. I was planning on driving home this summer anny way. Mite as well time it with ol Hakbashes WAAAGH!!. So you can put me and Da Grey Goffz down as a solid maybee.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Rabtar it would be good to see a fellow Goff at one of my mega-games....it always seems to be full of Deff Skullz, Freebooterz, Evil Sunz, and Bad Moonz. No one is proppa anymore, weedy gitz. :choppa WAAAGH! da no one is proppa

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
If you're doing it 10-11 July 2010, that's the weekend of Historicon, the biggest miniatures gaming convention on the east coast. Which has a massive dealer room and flea market, and is where I get the majority of my miniatures, since there's always people there switching/selling armies, and you can get great deals. So as much as i'd like to make it, if it's that weekend, I'll have to bow out. :crybaby Can't afford to miss the biggest toy store of the year.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
Yeah I'm going to try and avoid historicon if I can. Alot of the local git here go out to it every year. It's not easy trying to get a solid date. Sheesh. WAAAGH! da working on a fixed date

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Holy carp :eek !! I just looked up how long its going to take me drive there from Kalifornia. 4 days of 12+ hours of driving. and then a hole nutha day to get home to NH after Orkfest. Good thing i'm plannin on takein a hole month of leave. Rabtar
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

generalmalaise

generalmalaise

Akwatik Desert Raida

• Boyz
  • 656 posts
So ..if i am reading this thread right....the real challenge here..... IS TO FIND HAKBASH A DATE? :! tried e-harmony?
Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Everybody's changing....and I don't feel the same."
-Keane

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
As the event gets closer and I figure out if I can make it, I would be willing to split a room with people. Heck, if DC people needed a ride I could carpool too. Just gotta figure out if I can make it next july, that is way far in advance for how I plan. :D

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-