Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thoughts on our different flyers?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

I used my Blitza bommer in 2 games over the weekend. It was the star of both games, killing beakies and dark panzies with every bigbomm. No rolling to hit, just roll 10 D6, mortal wounds on 4 +. :D  The supashootas were just bonus.  Right now it is a must take. 

Just make sure you roll the correct number of d6. To roll 10 the unit must be a least f 10minis. Hardly a unit erase, although it will dash some pain.

Still prefer the dakka Jet

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 274 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

Well of the bomber types... the Blitza has more killing potentials with up to 10 dice (if the unit had that many models) and three dice on monsters and vehicules.

BUT!!!

You can have the same attack potential on normal infantry with the burna bommer, and get skorcha missiles. So it adds to the firepower of the said burna bommer. 

But if you want unaldultered all around DAKKA!!! Dakkajet it is.

I have three in my collection, a dakka, and 2 conversions that can pass for either bombers.... Im still in the mindset of going all flylist.. deffkopats, stormboyz and jets.... Warkoptas if they're not too lousy now... I really only want those stats from the FW xenos index argh..

• Goreshrek and Oddztoof like this
"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I had not noticed the burna bomb adds +1 for infantry targets. Maybe I will put some missiles on the bomma...

My tactic was to bomb infantry that are 1 wound models, kill about half (4+), shoot the remainder, then they fail their morale test and lose the rest of the squad. 

The Northern Ork

The Northern Ork

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 274 posts
  • Army Name:The Dark Warpers

All those bombs auto causing mortal wounds is also really good if you wanna target expensive units like crisis suits or termies. Since they wont get any saves. Always a good thing when 2+ things get no saves..... huhuhuhuh. Oh and deffkoptas also get some of these bomb goodness if ever you want to. 

My two teef

TNO

"THIS IS WARPERS TERRITORY" Taken from last transmission from Battle Ship Emperor's Fist, Quadrant Delta Omega Three.

StormGuard

StormGuard

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts

Hi.

Personly if I get an attack plane for my Orks I would get a Dakkajet, as I love the idea of getting off 18x shots at BS: 4+, as long as they are all at the same unit. :dakka

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Itinerate Ork

Itinerate Ork

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 358 posts
I'm a big fan of the flyer kit and I've got a dakkajet and blitzbommer already with a third one on sprue to build the flyer formation. Has anyone tried that out or got any thoughts about what might pair best?

Dakkajets seem good vs. basically everything due to high strength, high volume and above average (for orks) accuracy. At the same time, hitting a unit with two Boom bombs is going to do some significant damage, so adding a second bommer is intriguing. The burns bommer looks pretty decent as well but I'm not sure I'll see many big blocks of infantry where it is most effective

Goreshrek

Goreshrek

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 122 posts
  • Army Name:BlooSkullz

I have seen mostly infantry with good armor and/or invul saves, so the mortal wounds by the blitzbommer are key. Be aware that once the word gets out - like your 2nd game - the flyer is a top priority target. My last opponent felt compelled to disembark a unit just so it could shoot (and kill  :bleep ) my bommer. But that meant my squiggoth with nobz was free to rampage, and the boyz  did not get shot at all. 

Once I get my next kit together, I might try a threesome...

• warhead01, Itinerate Ork, greggles and 1 other like this

StormGuard

StormGuard

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 88 posts

Ahh, the Blitzbommer you say, I might have to try one of those out after I've got my Dakkajett up and running, with maybe a bit of proxy action first, so that I don't end up regretting a 2nd jet buy, as I've never been mega-keen on Flyers in 40k, but I will have at least the one flyer as I've always wanted a Dakkajett, so that will be my first Ork flyer. :D

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 157 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I have a dakkajet. I love it! High wounds, low cost. 4+ armour, -1 to hit... lots a shotz! No joke, turn one I took out a 5 man squad of immortals with them. The opponent was not happy.