Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Next, Next Three Codexes (No Orks. Again.)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,065 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Ere We Go, Ere We Go, Ere We Go!!!

• killercroc likes this

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 914 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

Dim's become so cynical he doesn't even bother typing out paragraphs explaining why he's pissed off, a simple link to an article is all that's to understand the point completely. Congrats, you've transformed into a higher being. 

• Dim_Reapa, derry, skarnir and 1 other like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
No joke, I've attempted to get Dim hired at GW on several occasions just to see what might happen.
  • derry and killercroc like this

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 914 posts

No joke, I've attempted to get Dim hired at GW on several occasions just to see what might happen.

Two things. 1). We'd get Codex: Grots and it would be epic. 2). Dim would become the thing he despises and would write multiple paragraphs complaining about himself and his inability to write a good codex with reasonable fluff, turning Codex: Grots to Codex: Paradox. Anyone who tries to read it would be instantly sucked into the Warp. 

• warhead01, derry, Badfang Brassaxe and 1 other like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,065 posts

Two things. 1). We'd get Codex: Grots and it would be epic. 2). Dim would become the thing he despises and would write multiple paragraphs complaining about himself and his inability to write a good codex with reasonable fluff, turning Codex: Grots to Codex: Paradox. Anyone who tries to read it would be instantly sucked into the Warp. 

Bitch please, Codex Paradox is so 2014...

And not that I toot my own horn or anything, but whilst I would always be worried about decent rules, the fluff would never be in danger. Compared to GW's Codex Writers I'm motherfucking Shakespeare.

• warhead01, Nefairius and killercroc like this

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 570 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Bitch please, Codex Paradox is so 2014...

And not that I toot my own horn or anything, but whilst I would always be worried about decent rules, the fluff would never be in danger. Compared to GW's Codex Writers I'm motherfucking Shakespeare.

Just about anyone with a diploma in anything could do better than they are. Or have. To be fair, it's not like this all started out as the musings of a literary master. More like if two heavy metal albums could fight (which is still how I like to describe 40k. And I like that aspect.)

• Garslag likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,065 posts

It at least started with writers who could write passable prose that isn't stylised in a vain effort to hide the fact it has no substance and comes off as a horrendous and embarrassing cringe-fest. Whilst people like Ansell, Chambers and Priestley weren't master wordsmiths, they at least certainly weren't self-indulgent try-hards with the skills of a bad pulp author and none of their talent.

As lame as my efforts in the Tales section are, it's not difficult to be better than people whose job is ultimately to fill a Codex full of horseshit and overprice it by £25.

• Blakkreaper and Nefairius like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
The campaign next year will be to get Dim a job at GW

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 570 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Prime orks :?  :?  :?

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I saw that one  this morning.  No information to speak of in it. Except for a rumor on the internet about a new Ghaz model but no link to said rumor so it's unreliable. BoLS put out that one post yesterday and this happens. As far as I can remember all of that information from their post came from the GW talk about what was going to happen in 8th edition roughly around the time of the release.  

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I'm kinda sick of "Prime Orks"... every body wants one but I just kinda think it's stupid and just turns Orks into a LOTR kinda Orc. They're just super large Orks... that's it...and only mentioned in one book... I'd much rather the Orks become more intelligent and capable of designing better stuff and tactics than just simply becoming a large Ork... Like that Evil Sunz dude.... Why would he care about becoming large? He wouldn't be able to ride is bike!
  • Nefairius likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Phobiak

• Boyz
  • 2,201 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

I'm kinda sick of "Prime Orks"... every body wants one but I just kinda think it's stupid and just turns Orks into a LOTR kinda Orc. They're just super large Orks... that's it...and only mentioned in one book...

Can't help thinking that thy sound awfully similar to skarboyz :?

• Blakkreaper likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I kinda want there to be a scenario like when Orks fought the tin'eads (when the old ones made um). The Orks all United in 1 giant war! I always felt like this would transform the Orks into their true design, the Korks or what ever they were. In my mind this was the Orks then when they no longer needed to fight they kinda all lost their powers and became Orks. (And the Orks just think that's what used to rule them when really it was just super versions of themselves because Waaagh reasons). Every Ork becomes just as powerful and as smart as warboss while the Big Meks can again make entire planets out of metal! The gretchin and Snotlings gain their true powers and develop weapons beyond the know how of every species and they fight until the war is won... and then they slowly die of hunger (due to the lack of an enemy) and become Orks again... then the cycle continues.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,332 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Can't help thinking that thy sound awfully similar to skarboyz :?

Not exactly. More like a very old and powerful warlord that's unusually large and very intelligent. Much further along the line of evolution that a usually war boss, as if they evolve as they age and grow. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 853 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
What is a prime ork?
"Parry the 6!"

Garslag

Garslag

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 853 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Frightening thought: if they're evil enough, they could change the basic boyz kit so that after-market bits don't fit any more. I'd love a new boyz kit, but not at the expense of all our after-market toys.
"Parry the 6!"

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 914 posts

The Prime Ork is basically Primarch level Ork, which to be fair Ghazz would have totally been at by now. I'm ok with getting some larger Orks because it's actually fluffy since multiple times it's been stated Orks never stop growing. 

My main issue with GW and Orks is Orks go about as far back as anything else but for some reason have almost none of their units (Just look at Epic and see how much of the line is missing) and how Fluff-wise the Orks are crazy interesting but as it stands now they're kinda meh. Right now the only thing that makes Orks interesting is the conversions and paint job of the player, not the army itself which is just sad. 

• Garslag likes this

Wortsnagga

Wortsnagga

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:eviil sunz
Well for those who didn't read the Breast arises series, the Prime Ork is a Primarch for each clan. The 6 Prime orks form the council of the Waaagh, with Goffs Prime ork (the beast in the series) as the leader of the council. See the following link for a round up of the series:

https://1d4chan.org/...ar_of_The_Beast

So i think GW are going to have Ghaz as the new Beast and they will have 5 other lesser beasts for all the other clans. They will probably bring back Ullanor as the ork home world (main HQ) and the Prime orks will each have Nobz body guards that are as big and powerful as primus Beakies (so we all need to buy some new big orks).

Now is this good or bad, well i thought they didn't just do the Beast arises series for they hell of it and as long time ork players I think a few of us could see it coming. I think it will be good for us old players that have a crap load of models already and new players that will see the huge Prime orks and think shit that is awesome i want a army lead by that dude.

Wortsnagga

(where are my super grots)

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Phobiak

• Boyz
  • 2,201 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

So whereas skarboyz were bigger than boyz 'coz they'd fought and survived many battles, prime orks are bigger than warbosses 'coz they've fought and survived even more battles. Can't help feeling it's a bit like re-tiling a roof whilst ignoring the collapsing foundations - far as I'm aware no-one has a problem with the current warbosses :?

• Garslag and Skumdreg like this