Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Next, Next Three Codexes (No Orks. Again.)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,187 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

When was the last time they prominently features a looted model in a battle report?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Few months ago? There's an almost entirely converted Order AoS army that crops up in the mag frequently. It's been used in at least one battle report. Staff use their armies much more so in battle reports than in the old days when they were often pushed into using WHW's own cabinet stuff.

Specifically looted? Yeah, cos Orks turn up in battle reports super often. However, I don't recall the last Ork army in a battle report that didn't have some kind of conversion. Ork Conversions are frequently showcased.

Also, if I recall correctly, the model linked was on a display board, not a battle report.

killercroc

killercroc

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 833 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Gitz

You guys do realize that entire guard army is converted too right? 

PhillyT

PhillyT

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,187 posts

You guys do realize that entire guard army is converted too right? 

What are they?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

What are they?

Little plastic soldiers with guns, but that's probably not important right now.

• Goreshrek, Dim_Reapa, Blakkreaper and 3 others like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,955 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
They're one of the new Regiments "designed" for the new Guard Codex. They're a kitbash of cadians and Empire State troops. They're basically the Praetorian equivalent. Good point KC.

Bonus points to Badfang for the Airplane! Deadpan.
  • Blakkreaper, Badfang Brassaxe and skarnir like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 613 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Gw has recently pushed for kit bashing. Someone must have told them that they'll make more money if a player buys two kits to make 1 unit. XD
  • Nefairius, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 832 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
Oooo News News!
http://www.belloflos...-is-coming.html

Oo i hope that IF we are Last, We get a whole lotta fun stuff. They mention change in model's rules, i hope we get New orky reincarnations of our less usefull models-like when flashgits became their current imcarnation. Mmmm New kits, i hope we get a big vehicle kit, médium vehicle kit, but i suspect They are Just gonna come up with some new way to upscale 40k(i like it)

I Wonder IF we Could finally get our unicorn level legendary buggy?
  • teister and Garslag like this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

7cepEat.png
- big shoota is now D3 shots instead of 3
- if the gun of the gorkanaut rolls triple 1 for the number of shots he is removed from the battlefield since the amunition got stuck and it blew up, d6 mortal wounds for every unit within 6"
- if the ork player steals the initiative some boyz get so exited for the fight that they start bashing the other orks, roll a d6 for every unit: on the result of 1 that unit is under enemy control for the rest of turn 1
- custom mega blasta from 9 points to 8 points
- you can now put mek gunz on trukks and there is a new upgrade sprue for only 32,50

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts

Well that should stop orks being overpowered.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 613 posts
STOP IT! YOU'RE GIVING THEM IDEAS!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,187 posts

They aren't wrong regarding models and kits.  We are spoiled for modernized options when compared to some armies.  

Without considering new kits, there are problems with the tankbustas and kommandos.  As awesome as they are, the loss of pewter leaves them a poor option currently.  Plastic multipart kits wouldn't be bad.  Buggies and kotpas are of course needed.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts

Koptaz definitely, buggies are pretty much covered by the trukk kit. Weapons and equipment kits (and maybe some head options) would also be nice.

warhead01

warhead01

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,252 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Koptaz definitely, buggies are pretty much covered by the trukk kit. Weapons and equipment kits (and maybe some head options) would also be nice.

I'm becoming hopeful for a new buggy kit now. but I think I'd like it to have new weapons options and be a little larger and trukk compatible. Maybe we'll get a guntrukk. 

Reading the "rumors" got me thinking about Beakies. they got Nob Beakies this edition. haha. 
And if we're to get the same treatment what does that even mean? Nobz with a 3+ save? Or a War boss squad, smaller war bosses in a squad? 
MY only concern is will the Orks get a faction renaming and keywords to go with it and will our "old" Orks get that as well. (Probably nothing to worry about.)

• Blakkreaper, Nefairius and Skumdreg like this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,187 posts

My concern with buggies is that they might be priced like they priced the mek guns as in IDIOTIC.  I can't imagine they will release the buggies and have them priced at a decent price point.

• Blakkreaper likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Frantik

• Boyz
  • 2,050 posts

Far as I know 'ork' is probably enough to distinguish GWs' intellectual property from anyone else's, and the <keywords> seem pretty much good as they are.

The trukk kit's only about £5 more than the buggy kit (and there's a good fivers worth of spares if you go that route) so an 'upgrade' kit similar to the deffrolla kit but with weapons and turret mounts would be my favourite - maybe include a couple engine and front panel variants for the buggy too.

• warhead01 likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,187 posts

I don't know, the trukks are much bigger than buggies.  They are made to carry way more orks!  I'd be super disappointed if they try to give us something to convert trukks!

Nefairius

Nefairius

Magnetic Arm

• Blood Axez
  • 523 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Not really a lot of substance here. More like a set of informed guesses considering everything since 8th came out.

As you guys said, we've actually got a pretty good swathe of kits now, only the hated (for me) buggy and Ghaz are really old and need a dire update, they could always replace the existing old deff kopta with the AOBR ones, though they're pretty limited in their own right. Hmm, I suppose we could also do with a new generic warboss, maybe a mega armor one too, along with Ghaz. And for certain we need some more new characters. Especially Nazdreg, I'd love a dakka-warboss. This is turning into a wishlist... Really though, only the buggy causes shoe-gazing embarrassment; if we just got a new buggy, that'd be fine.

What I'm worried about though, is them renaming us to some stupid shit like everybody else, to protect their precious IP. We've been orks since forever, I don't want anything to do with orruks or some mouthful of trash like "astra militarum".

Badfang- I've actually recently seen other model sellers outright calling them orks now, side by side with knock-off named SoB or something so I'm worried about that. 

• warhead01 likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

warhead01

warhead01

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,252 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I don't know, the trukks are much bigger than buggies.  They are made to carry way more orks!  I'd be super disappointed if they try to give us something to convert trukks!

I was thinking maybe it had a short bed, or no bed at all and a mount for the weapons. so, a front seat weapon option and one bigger on in the back. Maybe only 2 wheeled as well.
I've been wondering, in my last list I have 3 war trakks but would another trukk actually be a better choice.  I haven't looked to see the stats and can't remember off the top of my head just now. 

I hadn't thought about a kit with more engines! Fantastic idea too.  Love it! 

The other part of any changes I would think, How much of the miniature line would they actually replace for the cost of replacing them with something new. I can't think they would remove very much. That's related to the size of any new models they might make. It would be strange to have models of all different sizes that are the same unit but maybe it wouldn't be that bad. 
I'd read a comment where some one want's larger Orks. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 613 posts

I only need 1 trukk in my army most times and 1 wagon... if I wanted buggies I'd probably need at least 3 just to field them correctly...