Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Bowl Orks as 'Ardboyz?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 492 posts
  • Army Name:The Industral Strength WAAAAGH

I saw the Gouged Eye bloodbowl team and started to wonder how they'd do as 'Ardboys or maybe even just Nobs in nicer armour, but GW doesn't have any images of the unpainted and/or unbuilt plastics.  

As far as I can tell, the bodies are one piece and you glue on the heads & arms; and I'm fine with that!  I can work with that no problem.  

However, $70 in Canuckistani pesos for 14 models (only 13 of which I can use my army) is awfully pricey to buy just to find out so I'm curious if anyone's see these things in real life and can let me know if they're scaled well and/or what level of customizin' is possible.  I'm holding off on doing anything until 8th ed. comes out (or enough's been leaked to let me know what I can get away with) and I think a unit of these guys would look pretty good after I've property "updated" them with 40k gubbins the way I'm doing with Black Orcs.

Thanks in advance for anyone who's got something to share, eh.

Zark the Damned

Zark the Damned

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 215 posts
  • Army Name:Waargh Kargrak

I've got a few of em I've been converting up. Will take some pics when they're done.

Overall the models are bigger, not quite Nob sized but they fill out the 32mm bases nicely.

Scale wise however they're less 'heroic' than the normal 40k stuff. The heads and hands are smaller than regular Ork Boyz, noticeably so if you've got one BB and one 40k hand on the same guy.

Due to the way the sprues are set up it'll also take a fair amount of hacking to get them into anything other than the default 6 poses if you want a lot of variety in a unit, or even to replace heads (on most of them the head is the same bit as at least one shoulder).

If you go to the team specific page you can see sprue pics - https://www.games-wo...-The-Gouged-Eye

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

They would make interesting conversions no doubt. I do like the knuckle dusters. You can sorta see what weapon (shoota, slugga etc) might work w/ each pose. You have my attention sir. I may have to look into this.

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 492 posts

If you go to the team specific page you can see sprue pics - https://www.games-wo...-The-Gouged-Eye

The Canadian page doesn't have pics of the sprues and I never thought to check what other country's pages would have.  :blush

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh
I do own a team of those guys. They are in the painting queue.

Also thought the same when I saw them. With very little work they can really pass for Ards.

Beingmad

Beingmad

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 288 posts
  • Army Name:-

Not exactly ard boyz here, but rather a group of nobz. Might be worth taking a look at

https://www.reddit.c...rruks_into_ork/

http://imgur.com/a/Q27Z7

• jackdoud likes this

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 424 posts

Like I did not have enough planned allready, now I gotta do this, too!

Thanks for the heads-up, I had not actually looked at these, as most of the new orruks have been rather disappointing modelingvice (hope that's a word).

• Beingmad likes this
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 492 posts

Not exactly ard boyz here, but rather a group of nobz. Might be worth taking a look at

https://www.reddit.c...rruks_into_ork/

http://imgur.com/a/Q27Z7

Well, I'm sold.  Now to go pawn more of my soul to buy a box of these guys.

• Zagursnik, Beingmad and Ryan like this

stinkyfive

stinkyfive

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 275 posts
  • Army Name:Skull Splittaz

Awesome link Beingmad

Zark the Damned

Zark the Damned

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 215 posts
  • Army Name:Waargh Kargrak

I got mine painted up today, took some scale shots for you:

u3Q0g7K.jpgVRbnu5J.jpgxte1d5T.jpg

The other guys are AOBR Boy, Nob, Orruk Brute, Black Orc, RT Era Doc and Flash Git.

• Orkimedez and Zagursnik like this

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 492 posts

Okay, so they're boy-sized; good to know.  I think they'll make good 'ard boyz when I get some.. and if 'ard boyz are in 8th. :P

Heck, might even just make some anyway once I figure out what kind of Mad Max-ed industrial vehicle they'd ride into battle on.

Edit: oh, hey: where on the head is the hole for the neck peg?  Black Orc head's have the hole rather high up which makes them look REALLY hunched over and if you use a regular head it makes the model look a lot taller.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

u3Q0g7K.jpgVRbnu5J.jpgxte1d5T.jpg
The other guys are AOBR Boy, Nob, Orruk Brute, Black Orc, RT Era Doc and Flash Git.

Beefier than boys but not quite nobs. I would say the scale fits perfectly.