Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Gavverin' Ordzz uv Orkdom

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

orkdom

orkdom

Kommando

• Deathskullz
  • 1,006 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz

Hello ladz!

It's been a real, real long time since I last posted on here. I wandered away from my Orks a few years back and into Weedy 'Umie Git territory, mostly Beakiez and Lady-Beakiez. There were also some Rotten Stinky Warp Gribblies mixed in there, somewhere. Anyway, with 8th Edition right around the corner, and some very big changes and who-knows-exactly-what-the-Bork coming down the pipeline in the very near future for this game, a few friends and I decided to get started on an Escalation League, mostly for the purposes of painting new models for a new edition.

The rules are pretty simple: we're painting just 400pts per month for five months, plus a display board. No flyers until the third month, and no super heavies until the last month; we're using 7th Edition rules to define both the points and the terms for those limits all the way through, so we can make plans ahead of time, and so those plans won't stand to be totally clobbered by the pending changes. This is really all about painting models, so who really cares exactly how the rules change said models, anyway?

We've just finished with month one, and sending pictures of my new toyz around got me thinking, I'd like  to get on this forum and see what's going on! So here I am, and I figured I'd throw up some pictures of my progress while I was at it, get back in the swing a bit more.

So, here are the models I've built and painted up for month one! We mandated at least one Troops choice, and up to one Elite, Fast Attack, and/or Heavy Support, so I chose a mob of Trukkaz and a mob of Meganobz each with a ride of their own.

First, I present the Meganobz, made up from some old Epic Stompaz I had lying around....

LINBAB.jpg

And, of course, what would they do if they didn’t have some sweet clunker for ridin’ around?

vT8dOh.jpg

Next up, we the first of a few mobs of Trukka boyz; I decided I wanted to give them all an ‘eavy armour look, and I don’t yet have a big mob with riot shields, something I’ve always fancied, so here we go!

dRbnWM.jpg

Finally, of course, what are Trukkazz without a Trukk for Trukkin’?

bytUkh.jpg

That’s month one! Month two’s cohort are already well under way; I’ll take some pictures and post them up here later today or maybe tomorrow. All but two models are completely built and primed, I only need to do a bit of GS work on a nob and a boy before they’re ready for paint as well. I also have some Vallejo Pigments I want to use to put some dirt, grime, and rust on all these bright and colourful hunks of metal... at some point, heh heh. Months one & two are mostly the same, but I need an HQ now, which means I got to throw together a new Big Mek to lead all these clanking runtbotz to waaagh!

• Mad Grot Docsnik, Orkimedez, chaoshead87 and 1 other like this

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

PointBlank

PointBlank

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 42 posts

Love the trukka boyz with shields, they are a riot of colour. Nice to see the old gorkamorka vehicles upconverted into something a little bigger.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,741 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Yes, love the colors. Ded proppa if ya ask me. I'm a fan of the bowl of m&ms color scheme. Also lovin the use of the epic gargants.

And welcome back! :cheers

Oh and you should put your monthly painting deeds into the monthly paint threats...

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

orkdom

orkdom

Kommando

• Deathskullz
  • 1,006 posts

Thanks! I do enjoy some bright and wild colour-schemes for my orks; always felt their equipment should have the look of a wild assortment scavenged and re-purposed from battlefields all across the galaxy. Things look a bit clean for that, maybe, as they are, but hopefully I'll get around to proper weathering at some point!

I'll look into those painting threats at the top of the Garage, seems like a smart idea.

Took some shots of the models I have set for month two (mostly)! There are a couple more Meganob Runtbotzz than will actually count towards the month, but since they're going to be part of the unit I sorta felt like I should paint them up now anyway. Here's the lot:

RETxW6.jpg

That guy on either side of the middle is my Big Mek take on good old Nazgrub Wurrzag, Skrap Prospekta. I sort of felt like I was making a Gorka Morka mob when I got started, so.... Yeah. This'd be Nazgrub after his right arm and leg both got blown off in a nasty workshop accident and he had to go to the local Mad Dok for some repairs.

• chaoshead87 likes this

The Universe is Orkdom.

Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

Garslag

Garslag

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 512 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Been meaning to comment - there's a lot to love here. Riot shields look great, but best of all the boyz just look like individuals, which is easier said than done. You also did a bang up job on those trukks, especially the one with the double reinforced ram.

Blue and red always throws me a bit. I keep going back and forth in my head between evil sunz and death skulls, and can't make either one fit. But that's just a garslag thing i think, and these guys can definitely get away with it.
  • Mad Grot Docsnik likes this
"Parry the 6!"

orkdom

orkdom

Kommando

• Deathskullz
  • 1,006 posts

Thanks!

Deffskulz has always been my first Klan, but Red Paint had/has actual rules, and I played Armageddon Speed Freekz for awhile, so I was splashing red on certain models and eventually started mixing it all together. I like to think the Bloo represents Mork, and the Red leans more Gork, and that works out for me. On the painting end of it, I used to do another layer of highlighting on both colours, but I've left it off these models, which sort of made the colours work together just a bit better.... Not sure if I should go back and throw that on; these guys are pretty bright as it is.

• Mad Grot Docsnik likes this

The Universe is Orkdom.