Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Gretchin Revolutionary Comittee

- - - - - rebel grotz

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Stirrups and a bridle! It's the little nods to realism like this that set your work a cut above imo. And the aforementioned skin tones, of course.

Thanks! I also thought about making some reins to steer the squig, but the grot looks too weedy to actually pull hard enough to make a difference.

Speakin of skin tones, have you checked this out? http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=49653

I paint the grotz basically the same way, only starting with a lighter base colour, Knarloc green at the moment.

Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Can't think of anything clever to say so, well, yes, it is Yoda.

JaS8loD.jpg

3YqVCC3.jpg

NzJUKi5.jpg

I tried some OSL for a change, looks ok from further away at least.

VUFeUSc.jpg

One more:

ncQ2KYN.jpg

And no, I'm not going to do all Star Wars characters as grotz.

• Dim_Reapa, Mad Grot Docsnik and Zagursnik like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 307 posts

oh my goodness!  now that's a must have

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Two more painted I have:

MNjMIHB.jpg

There seem to be no WIP:s of the grot with two helmets, but as I just slapped a beakie helmet on his stick, I think we can manage.

bZWgv8X.jpg

kG6P1KO.jpg

KgE1kwN.jpg

Me6VmTC.jpg

One more pic of The Grot With Two Helmets, some time-consuming paint-chipping there.

dm1WJ2D.jpg

• Dim_Reapa and Snarknit Grokguzz like this

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Here's a WIP of the headsman grot, seems I forgot to post it.

KGtA8Di.jpg

That's a nightgobbo fanatic head, a black orc axe and a bit of sprue for the chopping block.

• Dim_Reapa likes this

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Deff Korp Of KRIEG

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 412 posts
  • Army Name:Grimsnagas Iron Clad Armoured Brigade

awesome stuff AW, glad to see you're still at it! looking forward to updates!

Grow old or die trying...
DKoK

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Two more, sneaky snipers are done.

IreiWxu.jpg

LwztAcj.jpg

I tried  painting some urban camo again, could've come out better but ok I guess.

• Dim_Reapa, chaoshead87 and Zagursnik like this

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,749 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Good stuff, AW, and good to see you back at the paintin' n buildin' n especially so cuz itz grotz.

Yeah, I was trying hard not to "like" every single post, but there it is. I have always been in awe of your painting skills.

:cheers

Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Thanks once again, MDG, nice to hear from you, too! (And DKoK also, somehow missed your post there, sorry)

An other addittion to my grot horde, the scariest of them all (untill you've leveled up enough), a psycho midget grot wif a shotgun:

4WNTI8W.jpg

IuRUw9h.jpg

He was going to be the third sniper first, but I could not fit the sniper rifle under his chin, even after he lost his left hand in the process. The ancient Necromunda-shotgun fit nicely (after I sliced a bit off his chin ) and as sculpting a passable hand worked fine also, I thought to make him a character from my favourite playstation game, Borderlands.

It worked so good I will be building some more orkyfied characters from Borderlands saga, gunzerker and Krieg the Psycho come to mind....

• Dim_Reapa, chaoshead87, Zagursnik and 1 other like this

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Da original badasses, grot bikers by Maxmini. They are mostly as they were out of the box, I just added the skulls and the Zinge powerfist. Allso I changed the bases 32mm ones, the ones that came with were too big IMO, 50mm or so. The sculpts and casting are very good, details are crisp and clean ( and tiny). There were five heads and several weapon options included, both melee and ranged - not too shabby for 10€!

TJ1XiBN.jpg

This is a compilation of three different pics, looks a bit weird. The bases ara all same size and the middle guy is not actually  smaller than the others.

Onto the pics:

LQzE5Aq.jpg

pc0orDp.jpg

oxxDJY9.jpg

30YBKMu.jpg

YMXmLpD.jpg

lm3fd7O.jpg

How big are they, you ask? Well, tiny.

GQGtfRZ.jpg

That's the Forge World bikerboss, he's kinda big. I'll take a reasonable comparison picture later.

I realized I never finished the bosses' base, even thö' I built this guy to jump off the base back then - I'll finish It now.

EMjdrYR.jpg

• Dim_Reapa, Mad Grot Docsnik, PeaceCraft and 4 others like this

Snarknit Grokguzz

Snarknit Grokguzz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 307 posts

Those are really cool!  (and super cute).  

I enjoy that you've used the standard large mini base, rather than an oval or rectangular base. Somehow, it seems fitting.  Each bike is very characterful, as well, which I like a lot!

PointBlank

PointBlank

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Love those bikers. The faded symbol on the back of the leather jacket caught my attention.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Love those bikers. The faded symbol on the back of the leather jacket caught my attention.

Thanks! I did the symbol like three times over, first it was too bright, then faded to unregognison, then weirdly shaped - you get the picture.

Garslag

Garslag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 547 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Those grots are lovely and weedy, to the point that one doubts the first one could even lift that power fist!  Fortunately they have invented some extremely light-weight alloys in the grim darkness.

I love those models.  Normally I pay attention to what Maxmini is doing, but these ones slipped me by.  The bikes remind me of the old 1st ed ork bikes! Those skulls, though minor, are a really good addition that really benefits the model.

"Parry the 6!"

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Yeah, Garslag - I should have painted the fist as a "we're n:o 1" foam hand :biggrin

• Zagursnik and Garslag like this

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 421 posts

Here's a better size comparison pic of the bikes wif Barry:

4feUZeF.jpg

Also, a grot tank from Maxmini, really nice! I was ordering some heads, and thought to get this on the side as it was only 15€. I was pleasantly suprised by the size of it, I was expecting something maybe half as big. Two separate pieces, the turret and the body, it's solid and quite heavy. Very good sculpt and casting, as I've come to expect from Maxmini.

AERijiJ.jpg

Barry looks a bit sceptical, tho'.

• Mad Grot Docsnik, chaoshead87 and Zagursnik like this