Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Askari Legion Meganobz

- - - - - Meganobz Megaboss Megamek Askari Legion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

Placeholder for group shot of completed models (months from now?)

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Background: I love using meganobz, but only have a dozen built. I have about 40 more metal ones unbuilt because magnetizing the bodies and arms seemed to daunting. I have recently been working on making arms for regular nobs and have completed magnetizing and base painting a bunch of plastic and metal arms for meganobz. The metal arms are from the built and painted models I have been using. The plastic bits have been purchased from bits sellers or constructed from other bits as shown below.

Summary: Pictures of meganobz arms below

Spoiler

I will add more pictures to this thread soon, but this will be a slow burn, since I am currently working on getting nobs ready.

• warhead01 and Magus Gar Kan like this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Summary: Group shot of bodies currently built. Kromlech Juggernaut Rippa squad on the left.  Kromlech Ottoman Orcs heads on the right side for three unpainted big meks with AT-43 Karmans bodies

Spoiler

• Magus Gar Kan likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 557 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Oh wow. Those AT-43 bodies look great! Why has nobody done this before?

For a long while I've wanted to build meganobz that hark back to the less angular, more power armour style of the 2E models, but to new scale. It looks like you're going to achieve something in that vein here,and I can't wait to see what direction you take it.
"Parry the 6!"

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

For a recent 2500 point game, I ran three units of 5 meganobs (each with a mega-armor warboss and a painboy). Below are some pics of the current status of my meganobs, and 4 new AT-43 Wendigo models that I can use a big meks in mega armor with kustom forcefields.

Spoiler Summary: Latest pics of meganobs, mega armor warbosses and big meks

Spoiler

Gorkathustra

Gorkathustra

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
Looking great! Always wanted a bunch of Meganobz, just never had the teef to buy that many of em'.

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Spoiler Summary: AT-43 Karmans redoing as Mega Armor Nobs

Spoiler

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 557 posts

I'm looking forward to the completed picture of these guys.  I really dig their style. 

If you have the inclination, I'd be interested to see what one of those guys looks like with larger arms and weapons.  Orky as hell,  I bet.

"Parry the 6!"

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Yeah, the base arms are a little weedy and I plan to use standard (or kustom) arms that are like normal meganob arms. The shoulder base is a little small for normal magnets, but I got thicker magnets to see if that has enough strength.

• Garslag likes this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

I decided to make these meganobs Freebootas. I will still use clan colors (probably different clans from my three base units of meganobs.) The dark grey heads are Freeboota Heads from Spellcrow, the ivory ones are Pirate Orc Heads from Maxmini, and the light grey are Kromlech (Cyber Pirates Heads and Orc Cutthroats Heads, but not Orc Pirate Heads yet.)

Spoiler Summary: AT-43 Karmans bodies, magnetized and converted to be 40K meganobs.

Spoiler

• Mad Grot Docsnik and KillFalcon like this

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts

Spoiler Summary: Second edition Bad Moons meganobs, in two flavors, standard and Nazdreg versions.

Spoiler

Garslag

Garslag

Grapple Arm

• Boyz
  • 557 posts
Do you have plans to modify these guys? I have a few of these in cold storage coz they just look so dang weedy now, even though i really like the model.
I once stuck a current ed head on one of those bodies, and I thought it looked pretty good. He stands upright which gives him enough of a height advantage over regular boyz to pass as a nob. But only as long as you don't stand it near current meganobs or even regular nobz.
"Parry the 6!"

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 460 posts
I am thinking of custom cutting iron gobs, or making and casting some. Gobs will help. The backpacks have lead banner poles with Bad Moons on top. Many of the poles have broken off. I am considering making a custom pack with a hole for banner poles.

My main meganobs will have clan affiliations, and these should all be Bad Moons, but maybe I paint them mainly black (and yellow), like the model shown. Then the could be Deff Watch xenos hunters with plastic terminator arms, and Deathwatch rules. I am very much in the air still on these. This could be a fun project, since I could make an entire Ork Deff Watch army.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meganobz, Megaboss, Megamek, Askari Legion