Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Fox Box] Releases and work in progress

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
I'm not really sure how to describe these. Accessory arms maybe?
2UDFuZ1l.jpg
hTqb8hal.jpg

Anyway they're out now and you can find them here:

Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Phew, it's been a while. ExiliCon and related really kept me busy.
On the plus side it helped me go through my older stock and have a bit of a clear out. I'm trying to determine what's getting a remaster and when. I don't really want to drop anything from my catalogue but some things will be unavailable for a while once the remaining stock is gone.

The current priority is the Truck Extension Kit. The last units of it are gone and the old moulds need to be replaced.

Here's the masters (without the wheels):
iuo6OJtl.jpg

Mostly I'm actually quite happy with them. There's a few things I'm going to tweak or repair (the odd lost rivet here or there) but I hope to have them cast up in the next few days.

I'm excited because this was such a difficult kit to put together back in the day and it ended up costing a lot to boot (and so a high price on the store was required). These days I reckon I can probably do all the parts (except the wheels) in a single mould. That'll make casting it a breeze and allow the price to come down to much saner levels. It'll also be cast in a more well-behaved resin.

Fox Box

Targetlokk

Targetlokk

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 128 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimson Freebooterz

cool stuff, nice site with good prices, you might have a customer in the future :)

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Whilst working on the truck extension kit I ended up getting a bit sidetracked and started creating my own truck kit.
With any luck it'll be a standalone design that can be extended into a transport vehicle using the extension kit.

EBuDLEPl.jpg
HgliYygl.jpg

It's the same overall length as the extended version of the GW trukk as you can see in this early picture:
afkjeCEl.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next bit of the construction process as it's going to be pretty much exclusively detailing. Then I've got to design another two axles and the canopy frame/roll bars.

cool stuff, nice site with good prices, you might have a customer in the future :)

Glad you like what you see  :thumbs
Fox Box

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
I've been working on the armament for the truck and the crew. Once they're done then it should be easy to continue on structural things. This is the problem with creating multi-part kits - things need to interlock but one can't glue them together properly during creation.

The truck is going to have a machine gun option and a rocket launcher option. Currently the focus is on creating the machine gun as it's a very specific design (and whilst the rocket launcher is also its design is significantly simpler). As with other things this is where 28mm "Heroic" scale is tricky - things aren't proportional. I have to make a judgement call on which bits should remain prominent and which can be safely shrunk down.

So for reference the machine gun is based on the M60:
vcRoQKZl.jpg

Here it is on the truck (missing its rear iron sight - it hasn't been attached yet):
I0OMTqml.jpg

As you can see the gunner is sitting on a stack of boxes. Currently they're placeholders as they're going to be replaced by ammo tins:
JYPx8BAl.jpg

I'm working on a master at the moment:
sjqAvVil.jpg

Once it's done I'll make some copies and use them for a variety of things. Extra boxes and stuff to decorate vehicles   :D
If anyone is wondering the rocket launcher is going to be based on the M202 Flash (you might know it as the Grim Reaper from Call of Duty: Black Ops).

• Giganotosaurus likes this
Fox Box

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

This is the problem with creating multi-part kits - things need to interlock but one can't glue them together properly during creation.

Oh boy do I hear you on that  :biggrin

Big shoota (can I call it that?) is looking a good balance so far, I think it was one (or more) of the BattleWaggon big shootaz had a flash hider on the end of the barrel which was too small at the base to allow a bullet through it  ;)

Arms seem to be coming along well too  :thumbs

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

I'm trying to decide whether these need more rivets:

VrqpvdRl.jpg

They're gobbo scale but will also fit humans.

Oh boy do I hear you on that  :biggrin

Big shoota (can I call it that?) is looking a good balance so far, I think it was one (or more) of the BattleWaggon big shootaz had a flash hider on the end of the barrel which was too small at the base to allow a bullet through it  ;)

Arms seem to be coming along well too  :thumbs

I do my best to not make those kinds of mistakes when it comes to weapons but my vehicles are bound to have some bizarre incongruities!

Cheers for the compliment on the arms - I'm doing my best to improve further but they're looking okay at long last.

Speaking of which I should really get the remastered Orc Riot Shields posted. They're the same shields but the arms have been redone.

Fox Box

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

The ork part of me says; "always more rivets & gubbins!" My age tells me that the enemy of good is better. :yes Sometimes more is too much  :nono, be judicious in your application of more rivets.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

Some of you may have already seen but I figured I'd post it here too. I'm trying to decide what this new set of weapons should be called. They were going to be called "Goblin Assault Rifles" but that was before I added various other weapon types to the mix. There’s a machine gun (RPK), a rocket launcher (RPG-7), and several carbines (AKS-74U and similar).

Second problem - putting "goblin" in the product name is a bit confusing because they're for humans too. Here's a GW Catachan squaddie with one:
sTbdbWLl.jpg

I also thought of just calling them "Goblin Assault Weapons" but the term "assault weapon" has a fair bit of political baggage attached to it in the US. Probably best to give that one a miss.

So, erm, HALP!
k7Hf10Rl.jpg

Fox Box

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Revolutionary Machine Guns?

• Zagursnik and Fox Box like this

skarnir

skarnir

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 677 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR
Various gunz pack.
  • Fox Box likes this

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

I'm from the U.S., and I say political correctness be damned! :yes ​Call them what they are, Assault Weapons. ;) ​ Perhaps "Automatic Weapons & RPG Pack" would be best. :dakka

P.S. I love the weapons :love whatever you decide on calling them.

• Zagursnik and Fox Box like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wired into a kan.

• Boyz
  • 1,773 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Very good assortment there - exactly what is needed  :dakka

I also thought of just calling them "Goblin Assault Weapons" but the term "assault weapon" has a fair bit of political baggage attached to it in the US. Probably best to give that one a miss.

It does occur to me that anyone playing/collecting Orks & 'Goblins' possibly isn't particularly into political correctness  :?

• Zagursnik, Fox Box and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

Most anyone playing any sort of wargame is not into political correctness. :yes

• Badfang Brassaxe and Fox Box like this

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

It's not just wargamers that can browse the site though and I share my surname with the company name so I'm a tad cautious about what I do with it  :thumbs

Fox Box

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,572 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

Very nice sculpting. Very nice indeed. A good selection of converrsion bits. Them guns are dead killy :dakka

"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Lucio

Lucio

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Dr Orkenstein's Revenge!

For the guns, if I were searching for models like that on Google, I'd search "assault rifle", "ork guns"  so Goblin Assault Rifle works fine as a name, because that's exactly what they are.

Boss Makk

Boss Makk

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Makk's Goff Boyz

How about an OrkR15  :dakka

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Thanks to everyone who helped us out by suggesting names for our new product!

When we posed the question it was to get some help with a problem we were grappling with but so many of you chipped in that we agreed (in secret, all very hush hush) to make a competition of it. We’re planning on doing some properly announced competitions in the future but I’m sure you won’t mind us giving away some free stuff right now.

clbnjX4l.jpg

After much deliberation we’ve chosen to combine two excellent suggestions, which means that we have two winners! Congratulations to both B0b Marley and MacMuckles: they each get £10 of store credit to spend on Fox Box brand stuff.

We’ve also got a special prize for Roy James for his entry on Facebook: Dakka dakka bling bling…………Sprue. We’re not going to use it but anything that gets a good chuckle out of us is worth rewarding. £5 of Fox Box stuff for him too!

Meet the new product: Red Army Scrapguns! A sprue full of kickass for just £3.50. Fits both goblins and humans.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Fox Box

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
It's not like Big Mek is all about guns and machines these days... Sometimes he goes a little Organic Mechanic if you see what I mean.

Need a little extra muscle on your Orcs? Get your Orc Brute Torsos here! Fresh meat!
5eHTLd7l.jpg
KYPtqGal.jpg

Fox Box