Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How would you fix the Stompa?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Killthulhu

Killthulhu

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes
So, I got one of the OOP plastic Stompa kits for Christmas. I was pretty stoked about it from a hobby perspective. It has been an absolute blast to build! Only thing that stinks is that I will likely never field it on the tabletop. The Stompa is ridiculously expensive and its weapons options/profiles are lackluster at best. So, my question to you is how would you fix the Stompa?

There seem to be two schools of thought on fixing units: leaving them the way they are and reducing the points, or changing their options to match the listed cost. Which route would you take and why? Or would you do both?

"Um, boss? If we'z green, an' da trees iz green, wot we applyin' dis 'ere green camo for?"

"Lissen ya git, ya jus' answered yer own question. Why do ya fink da 'oomies paint everyfing green out 'ere?"

"Because... da 'oomies iz pink?"

"Right! So if we don' make ourselfs green, den we can't be sneeky!"

"But boss... we iz green."

"I know we'z green! We just put on camo! See, dis 'ere iz why I do all the plannin. Now shut yer gob and lets get ta killin."

"Right... you'z da boss..."

-Conversation between two Ork Kommandos intercepted at Listening Post Alpha Four Alpha, Sector Seven, Equitorial Jungle of Armageddon

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,259 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Give it at least 'ramshackle', double the number of shots that it fires (so it's only half as hamstrung by BS5 as it currently is) and make it's blast weapons D6 x D'n-1' auto hits within a defined radius of the aim point dependent on size and cost of the 'gun' (D'n-1' = D2, D3, or D6, again depending on the size and cost of the 'gun' and any roll of 1 {so 1-3 on a D6 used as a D2} on the multiplier dice auto misses) - 'gun' may also refer to suparokkit.

Of course, that would involve changing the core rules so it would actually be a lot simpler to come up with a decent set of core rules in the first place.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
For its points I would expect it to perform like a warhound titan (pre chapter approved points). I wouldn't mind if they made him 2k points in the codex as long has he performed like a 2k point model and was a 1 model army that would take 2k troops 2 or three turns to shut down.

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 726 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Make it half the points it is now, sorted. Why it jumped from around the 500 mark to nearly 1k in 6th ed Apoc I have no idea.

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,509 posts

It is too expensive given how many guns it has.  Guns that coincidentally hit on a 5+.  Also, it needs to include an inv. save.  I can't think of any similarly priced model that does not automatically come with an inv. save.

• skarnir and Skumdreg like this