Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next 3 codices And then some. (No orks)

- - - - - Dark Eldar Everyonebutus

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 589 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

Click here for disappointment/excitement (If you play anything else). Seems like everyone is getting something before we get anything. Looks like the thoughts that we'll get something around December are more likely correct. The brides of khaine models look pretty cool though.

With all the talk of Kult of Speed everywhere, maybe when we get a new book we'll also get more KoS stuff.

Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Killthulhu

Killthulhu

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes

I'm not disappointed at all.  I was hoping our codex would be near the end of the line.  Longer it takes to come out, the more balanced it should be.  Plus, that gives us Ork players an idea of what they might do with our army if we can see what fancy rules and gubbinz all the other forces are getting :D

• warhead01 and Garslag like this

"Um, boss? If we'z green, an' da trees iz green, wot we applyin' dis 'ere green camo for?"

"Lissen ya git, ya jus' answered yer own question. Why do ya fink da 'oomies paint everyfing green out 'ere?"

"Because... da 'oomies iz pink?"

"Right! So if we don' make ourselfs green, den we can't be sneeky!"

"But boss... we iz green."

"I know we'z green! We just put on camo! See, dis 'ere iz why I do all the plannin. Now shut yer gob and lets get ta killin."

"Right... you'z da boss..."

-Conversation between two Ork Kommandos intercepted at Listening Post Alpha Four Alpha, Sector Seven, Equitorial Jungle of Armageddon

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Meh... i'm leaving 40k soon while I go on a trip and leave my models in storage so either way I'll be back into 40k at the end of the year. Fun watching the meta change as everyone scrambling for OP BS!

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

The announced models should take longer than April to be released.  I would assume there would be a big summer event then more books.  Don't know what they'd put out to delay orks all the way to December.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

The announced models should take longer than April to be released.  I would assume there would be a big summer event then more books.  Don't know what they'd put out to delay orks all the way to December.

They just re-announced that all codexes will be released within the first year of the edition. So nop, it will be earlier than Dec.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

StormGuard

StormGuard

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 106 posts

I'm a bit disappointed by this news, as I was really hoping that it would be out sooner than that, but I quess it is what it is. :scowl

SG.

Demo Charges 101:  Pull Pin, Throw, Run Away Very Fast.

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 253 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Yeah right, they will probably rework everything and not just release 3 new other imperial factions instead?

Ever thought about that a codex being released rather late into an edition means that it will be rather short until shit changes again? Even if they nailed everything with the next ork book (which I highly doubt) it will not last too long if it's released closer and closer to yet more changes since 40k editions do not really build on each other.

• Nefairius likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
Haha, that's the joke with modern 40k. Even if we got balance it would only last a month before gw messed it all up again. XD

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

They aren't going to redo the game to the point where books are invalidated even assuming another edition follows closely after the final codex of 8th.

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 996 posts

Rumor I've been seeing is Orks aren't until June. Not sure where that's coming from though.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
'umie come from a list someone brought out but so far (even with this new announcement) it's accurate I think.

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

Rumor I've been seeing is Orks aren't until June. Not sure where that's coming from though.

My personal bet is orks in June and speed freaks in Dec.
  • Blakkreaper likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,387 posts

I'll believe they are making a Speed Freak list when I see it.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Looted Russ Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,919 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

I would love for the faction to be big fat Nazdreg...with Orkimedes in tow...which would serve as a perfect platform to bring in not only plastic kits of current non-plastic units, but plastic kits for NEW units too. Let's face it - GW is all engorged and tingling when it comes to releasing kits for NEW units in plastic when they haven't even released all of the current units in plastic, so we very well could get something completely new.

And besides, Orks are perfectly deserving of having more than just Ghazgkull. Orks should have many and varied warlords. So, give us Nazdreg, Orkimedes, and some big badass warlords for other clans too.

• Blakkreaper, Nefairius, jackdoud and 1 other like this

Wortsnagga

Wortsnagga

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 40 posts
  • Army Name:eviil sunz
the way its going Squats are going to get a codex before us, see link below: https://www.warhamme...2/01/tick-tock/
  • Blakkreaper likes this

Wortsnagga

(where are my super grots)

Killthulhu

Killthulhu

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 70 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes

I think we can all agree that out of any army, Squats are the longest overdue for a codex :P

• Blakkreaper, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

"Um, boss? If we'z green, an' da trees iz green, wot we applyin' dis 'ere green camo for?"

"Lissen ya git, ya jus' answered yer own question. Why do ya fink da 'oomies paint everyfing green out 'ere?"

"Because... da 'oomies iz pink?"

"Right! So if we don' make ourselfs green, den we can't be sneeky!"

"But boss... we iz green."

"I know we'z green! We just put on camo! See, dis 'ere iz why I do all the plannin. Now shut yer gob and lets get ta killin."

"Right... you'z da boss..."

-Conversation between two Ork Kommandos intercepted at Listening Post Alpha Four Alpha, Sector Seven, Equitorial Jungle of Armageddon

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,036 posts
Tbh, I'd happily sacrifice our codex for thos few dedicated squat fans out there who have waited all this time. The pladtic sisters joke in that video has got to dig some wounds deep!
  • Blakkreaper and Garslag like this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,087 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

The "Squats return" is a Necromunda Hired Gun. That's it. Newcromunda isn't that good anyway.

Whilst it would be awesome to get more Warlords and whatnot, GW have rather screwed us with the awful, awful fluff from the last Codex that has all of Orkdom launching one mega-waaagh with Ghazzy at the centre. If we get anything new (and frankly I doubt it. The main event is Beakie on Beakie action, Xenos is a side show at this stage) it'll be a new, bigger Ghaz. I would suggest not getting your hopes up. That way new models are a pleasant surprise, and the lack of them wont disappoint you.

• Blakkreaper likes this

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Warbike Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,509 posts

That video was beyond amazing.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Looted Russ Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,919 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

I think we can all agree that out of any army, Squats are the longest overdue for a codex :P

Squats should be relegated to what they are - Imperial auxiliaries - not an army in their own right. They never should have been set up to be one, just as Ratlings and Ogryns never were.

The "Squats return" is a Necromunda Hired Gun. That's it. Newcromunda isn't that good anyway.

Unfortunately you are right. Whoever thought it would be a good idea for only Juves to be able to become leaders and gangers to be stuck in a static position of no development kinda crapped on everything. Oh, and the sluggish release and no stats for all the the minis people already have, such that it will be Escher on Goliath action for half a year, and after that we'll now have Orlocks join the mix shortly, but that will be it for another three months. Talk about how to market to kill a buzz...

Unfortunately, the Blood Bowl and Necromunda releases have been about as exciting as the XY missile was:

• Dim_Reapa likes this