Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Greggles (New Codex) Master List 2000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Hey everyone.  This looks like it'll be my new master list.  Pretty tight on points, but a huge spread of options.  Probably weakest at anti horde (ironically).

Basically two battalions, one bad moonz (with tank bustas), and one death skullz.

oApg2fv.png

Deff dreads for teleporting bomb.  I know evil sunz would be better, but most of the army is painted bad moonz or death skullz lol.  Hmm, should probably get a gun on the bone breaker so I can use the death skullz stuff.

killercroc

killercroc

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,122 posts

So what's the plan with the Bad Moonz? There is so little shooting in the list short of Grottillery. I'd expect to see more shootaboyz in the list. But like you said it's weak against horde but it should take on tanks pretty well.

And question, I don't have my codex with me but don't you need a Runtherd per unit of grots? Or do I have the rule backwards and you need a unit of grots per runtherd?

• greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

I agree.  I'm swapping the bad moonz to death skullz.  It was mainly just because my army is painted mostly bad moonz, but I don't particularly like their rules.

It's backwards, can only take runtherders if you have grots.  It was to fix the "brigade" spam that we could do in the old codex by taking 3 super cheap runtherders to fill an elite slot.

I've adjusted this list slightly, and went more MSU since its all death skulls now.  Looks more like this.  Currently 1 single point over (arrrg).

o6cIZ6z.png

Can probably drop a nob and give another nob a PK.  Appreciate the feedback!  Part of me wonders if I should just drop the tank bustas and add a bunch of Mek's in there.  Since each mek gets its own set of re-rolls....

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 118 posts
  • Army Name:Bugsnik's Brass Lads
Can fixer uppers be used by the big mek on a bike? His "bike mekianiac" isn't technically the same as a big meks ability
  • greggles likes this

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

Hrm, didn't notice that.  If they can't be used, I'll probably drop him and take a warboss with Headchoppa, and throw him in the Battlewagon with the nob group.  Thanks for the spot on that Nuck!

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

I hope it works, I want to use it on an index big mek as well.

Btw you should try 2 KMBs on the bike big mek, you might only get 1 reroll but an extra shot for 9 points is good - you can cater to the shot that behaves worse with the reroll in all 3 steps (hit, wound, damage) and a double 1 is only 1/36 chance. Might get some 1s from extra shots but I think it's worth it since you can get a good damage spike with a bit of luck.

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

Great idea! I'll do that right away.  The amount of anti tank shots in this list is getting to awesome levels.

killercroc

killercroc

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,122 posts

Ok the list makes more sense with all Death skulls. Hmm the HQ look good, shooty, punchy, fixy and pyskery. A nice spread all over there.

So what're your plans with the biker Boss and Mek? They don't have any bikers to buff so are they riding behind the battlewagon full of Nobz?

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

I use the biker boss like a "I need to kill this thing" missile.  The Big mek is mainly three to throw some extra wounds onto the mork or battle wagon.  I am considering just moving him to the trukk with the tank bustas (which frees up some points for other upgrades).  I think at this point i need to play test some to figure it out.  

But ya, with deff skullz, every infantry unit in the list is obj sec, everything has a 6++, and every "unit (including single models like meks)" gets a free reroll to hit, to wound, and to damage per shooting/fight phase.

So trying to give every character a rokkit or KMB, and some sort of klaw if possible.  Weird not running any boyz, but 60 grots is a lot of board control.  I've also debated shifting things around and taking mega nobz instead of nobz, but I feel I actually need the nobz to just output tons of wounds on chaff.

Main goal is to get this down to a semi optimized "catch all" list, that can handle multiple threats and be fun to play (lots of tools). Then I can work on adjusting the painting schedule and get it all ready for adepticon.  Appreciate all the feedback!

killercroc

killercroc

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,122 posts

Ahh ok, he's just one big beat stick... well he's good at it! And with his bike the extra T and W should help him stay alive. Though I don't think giving everything that can take a Kombi a kombi is a good idea, it's a lot of points even when you do factor in the re-roll. I guess it's just one of those things to play test and see if you need the extra rokkit during a game.

MANZ aren't a terrible choice as you do get 4 for the 10 nobz. They get more shooting, much more survivable and can do more damage.

Besides that I think it's mostly just trial. Lots of tank smashing guns so armor won't be your problem, I think objective games will be this lists best match up.

• greggles likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

The big mek thing is pretty hard to decide, I like the idea of having him on a bike for your list because you don't have any boyz close to help with infantry. Fast movement can be a key for him to keep doing his thing (fire at stuff and repair your 2 main vehicles). The toughness 5 makes him deal with strength 4 fire a bit better if you ever are exposed.

Not sure if you should bring 1 unit of boyz for some early pressure with da jump and to use the extremely powerfull strat to bring them back, currently I only see the tankbustas as a unit you can potentially drop tho.

One (pretty random) thought I had would be dropping the nobz, 1 grot unit and the tankbustas for a unit of shoota boyz, you can technically bring a unit of grots in the battlewagon which sounds silly but they can pop out in the right moment to screen some stuff or get an objective + your tank doesn't have to deliver the nobz so it has more freedom for positioning. In general I like the idea of bringing nobz but if you play in a meta with many D2+ weapons they might be dead fairly quick while a unit of boyz has more wounds, can have an impact on turn 1 with shootas and can be brought back with the strat, sounds more flexible to me.

I know this list is a bit on the crazy side atm but I think it might have more potential if you make it less situational and the idea with the one boy squad I named should leave you with more options and makes you less predictable if I am not missing anything.

• greggles likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

I agree with the idea on the boyz squad.  Having that "da jump" turn one really puts the pressure on the opponent to deal with the boyz, and lets the rest of the army work a bit less molested.  I'm also going by models I have here, so trying to come up with a list to paint (or finish painting).  Back and forth constantly on different things.  I do agree I don't think the tank bustas are really needed in this list, as it already has an excessive amount of anti tank.  So could def drop them, the trukk, and one grot for some boyz.  I can actually get to 27 boyz + nob by dropping the tank bustas, trukk, and one unit of grots.

That might be a good move.  Really appreciate the suggestion.  That gives me an anti chaff unit, and a distraction unit...and I can green tide it (if they survive).

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,947 posts

Took suggestions.  Here is the revised list.  I feel its pretty fun (lots of tools), and should provide overwhelming threats.

Spoiler

As always, appreciate feedback!