Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bonesplitterz Warclan question

Bonesplitterz Rules

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,369 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads

Hi there, help needed with a rules question. I was reading the Bonesplitterz tome and checking out the Warclan battalion rules, and I noticed something that has me confused. the all say if the Warclan contains the maximum number of battalions then they gain the Extra Juju warpaint ability. What does it mean by maximum number of battalions? Does it mean for instance, that for the Icebone warclan you need to have 15 units of maniaks to gain this benefit? that's 2400 points minimum just on Maniaks without adding the weirdnobs and prophet/ Is that feasible?

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

warhead01

warhead01

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 964 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Hi there, help needed with a rules question. I was reading the Bonesplitterz tome and checking out the Warclan battalion rules, and I noticed something that has me confused. the all say if the Warclan contains the maximum number of battalions then they gain the Extra Juju warpaint ability. What does it mean by maximum number of battalions? Does it mean for instance, that for the Icebone warclan you need to have 15 units of maniaks to gain this benefit? that's 2400 points minimum just on Maniaks without adding the weirdnobs and prophet/ Is that feasible?

No it looks like you need 1 Snaga Rukk, which must have 4 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (In the rukk) minimum. It can have as many as 15 units.

The Maximum number of Battalions in this case is 1 Snaga Rukk which has been modified for the warclan.

And in addition to that you must have a Wurrgog prophet to get the Ju-Ju warpaint. the rest of the rukks listed and other units/characters are optional.

(The Wurgog prophet is optional unless you want the Ju-Ju warpant.) 

On the next page you'll see the Drakkfoot warclan. which has had other mandatory units and unit requirement.

• Mik McMok the Mek likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,369 posts

No it looks like you need 1 Snaga Rukk, which must have 4 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (In the rukk) minimum. It can have as many as 15 units.

The Maximum number of Battalions in this case is 1 Snaga Rukk which has been modified for the warclan.

And in addition to that you must have a Wurrgog prophet to get the Ju-Ju warpaint. the rest of the rukks listed and other units/characters are optional.

(The Wurgog prophet is optional unless you want the Ju-Ju warpant.) 

On the next page you'll see the Drakkfoot warclan. which has had other mandatory units and unit requirement.

Thanks for that Warhead. I thought it might have to be either the maximum number of boarboy makiaks or all of the battalions listed, whcih both come well over 2k points

• warhead01 likes this

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,369 posts

i emailed the following questions to GW.  Hi there, I'm currently enjoying reading your Bonesplitterz tome but i have a couple of questions regarding the warclans. I've asked around on these, but there doesn't seem to be a common concensus on them. 

Q1. . It  says if the Warclan contains the maximum number of battalions then they gain the Extra Juju warpaint ability. What does it mean by maximum number of battalions? Does it mean for instance, that for the Icebone warclan you need to have 15 units of maniaks to gain this benefit? that's 2400 points minimum just on Maniaks without adding the weirdnobs and prophet/ Is that feasible? or does it mean: 1 Snaga Rukk, which must have 4 Savage Boarboy Maniaks (In the rukk) minimum. It can have as many as 15 units.

(The Wurgog prophet is optional unless you want the Ju-Ju warpant.?

Q2. In the Bonegrinz Warclan it says you get the option to recreate units if they die on a roll of a 6, but it does not state whether or not you need to put points in reserve for these units. Putting points in reserve doesn't make sense. You might as well field the units if you pay for them anyway, otherwise you are fielding an understrength army. Do you need to allocate points for these possible resurrected units?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bonesplitterz, Rules