Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da jump

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 229 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Or people act a bit retarded to just claim that a rule works differently (?)

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 381 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

My father, in his never ending wisdom, once told me; "Son, there are two kinds in this world; those that know it, and those that feel they have to go out of their way to prove it." "Sadly son, the second group far outnumbers the first." As I continue down the path of life, I have never had an opportunity to doubt his advice. As you said Gitkilla; "a bit" retarded just to make their claim. 

• PhillyT likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 622 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Was thinking about Ork armies and how everything will change in the future. For speed frekas the T2 DS might work. We cna send bikes up the middle and if our enemy moves forward we can flank them with buggies and trakks. If not then we bring on the buggies from the table edge to support our bikes who should be near by that point.

warhead01

warhead01

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,256 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Was thinking about Ork armies and how everything will change in the future. For speed frekas the T2 DS might work. We cna send bikes up the middle and if our enemy moves forward we can flank them with buggies and trakks. If not then we bring on the buggies from the table edge to support our bikes who should be near by that point.

I've tried up the middle already. Basically they were nearly in my Deployment Zone due to Special scouting rules. A wall of SoB transports covered in Heavy flamers. So, I'm less worried about rushing out of my deployment Zone when they are trying to box me in.  I'd set up the warKoptas back from the front against armies without long range and use them to shoot on turn one rather than DS on turn two. So I'd also recommend having other units in your army list that you might want to put in those transports, get as much mileage out of them as you can.  Oh, and don't forget you can embark at any point in your movement phase now. as long as the unit is in range. Granted I can't see that working with a DS'ing transport.  

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 622 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Wait? We can re embark during any time now? Wait what? Send me a link pls or a reference!

warhead01

warhead01

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,256 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Wait? We can re embark during any time now? Wait what? Send me a link pls or a reference!

NO, you can embark at any time a unit gets with in 3" of an transport. Not, re embark. Units still have to get out before vehicles move. But an empty vehicle cam move and a unit can get in. It's some where in the FAQ. Not sure which one probably the BRB FAQ.

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,378 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull

People should learn to read, this answer is exclusively for the "purposes of moving and firing Heavy weapons".
I guess not everybody understands how basic logic works tho.

It's the closest they had to a ruling on the topic. And it's not like GW didn't make broader changes to units dressed up as narrow FAQs this edition. Or would you claim that fly units' newfound ability to ignore vertical distances on the charge only applies to models on ruins and not on buildings or other terrain?

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]