Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Garslag, the steambuggy (don't know if you had a look at Doks' linky in post #269 but it shows the donor vehicle - it's well worth a look) accepted paint quite well - not having to figure out where I wanted stuff or paint the driver probably helped :biggrin

Yeah, I think the Meks' head probs did come off the kommando nob looking at the pix - it is metal.

Good luck with the itty bitty squig sculpt.

EDIT:  Just went back and looked again at the buggies alongside the Megajet Skrapthingy.  It really is kinda insane how much dakka the new buggies are carrying, isn't it.

I went rummaging today trying to clear some space and found (apart from another three part built kanz) a pack of fish'ed frisbees or, more importantly, their bases :thumbs

(Really not much for squigs leaping into the air off perambulating mushrooms - at least a transparent rod up their bum should be a little bit less conspicuous :? ).

The buggies do seem to be a bit Swiss Army Knife, anti-infantry and anti-vehicle weaponry but presumeably all expected to shoot at a single target or mob so half the dakka is less than optimal every time it shoots :?

• DocNuK likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,070 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I did have a look, yeah.  That tractor was not at all what I expected.  It's a really remarkable kitbash in my opinion, DokNuk should be well pleased with his handiwork.

Haven't really seen these squigs you're talking about.  Once there was a time when I could justify the outlay on buying kits to get a few squigs - but the price keeps going up and it's all a little prohibitive these days :(

• DocNuK likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Managed to work up enough enthusiasm to make a bit more room on my desk

orky_races_by_badfang_dcy12rp-fullview.j

and

da_meme_masheen_by_badfang_dcy130v-fullv

So it's not as though you CAN'T do anything with them :lol

• armored walker, DocNuK, Zagursnik and 1 other like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 524 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

Da Meme Masheen has painted up well, you captured the essence of the original, while making it orky. Well done!!  :thumbs  :thumbs  Good luck with the "Muttley" sculpt. I also like what you did with the steam tractor from DocNuk, the radiation symbols were an inspired touch.

P.S. I think I know what you'll be entering in the Speed Freeks event at this spring's Waaagh UK Meet.  :yes

P.P.S. "Do something Muttley!"  :lol  :lol

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Got a DokNukAid parcel this morning cosisting of 

IMG-2465.jpg

(the mek holding his burna seems to be the only casualty but there're enough bolts to nail him back together again :biggrin - as long as his mates can keep the painboyz from getting too raddykul)

IMG-2467.jpg

and another pirahnabuggy

wiv another mini-trukk buggy

IMG-2469.jpg

which I think may be smaller-ized than the two I did last year and a nobzbiker on a trike (who'll probs need bigging up a bit to match my others, as may the biker-painboy)

and a DragTrakk I'll-Find-A-Use-For-It-Buggy as well :thumbs

IMG-2471.jpg

So many thanks again to DokNuk :cheers

• Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 979 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

they are far from finished.

try outs or lost-of-interest stuff.

the biker dok bike is in desperate need of a front fork/axel. ;)

molding lines, missing rivets etc.

it will be fund to see their metamorphosis :D

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,712 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
That drag trak is aces! I do love those old slingshot dragsters. Yeah
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Guess I'd better prove that I ain'tn't dead yet - doing a megaboss

12-02-19-Nazdreg-wip1.jpg

Early days yet but nothing's gone 'orribly wrong yet.

Slightly re-jigged the nobz trike DokNuk gave me so that he was a bit more of a size with the ones I've already got and started blocking the colours in

IMG-2480.jpg

And widened the fish'ed pirahnabuggy so as I could fit an ork kroo in it  

IMG-2481.jpg

Have to make an ork kroo for it now

And had some spare bits of Milliput that have been thrown at a couple of the kans that I found on my bench when I tidied up a bit

IMG-2483.jpg

So basically a re-run of my old school reports - 'must try harder' :sowhat

• DocNuK, Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Got my nobz wartrike just about sorted for paint now

IMG-2490.jpg

think I'z gonna have to call it a buggy coz I ain't got a base it'll fit :sowhat  Done a bit more to the megaboss too, (hadn't got a base to fit him either but I managed to get a bit creative with a 40mm and some brass tube :! ) messed up the head again but the mk2 jaw is a lot more solid than the one at his feet :biggrin

IMG-2489.jpg

was wondering if I could get away with putting a helmet on his oversized head but I think I'm going to have to rip the old one off and do a mark two head (though I might be able to recycle the jaw :?

• armored walker, DocNuK and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 524 posts

He looks fine as he is (IMHOP).  :yes  Or, give him a metal skull cap like Ghazz's, and perhaps a targeting eye (and sort of look like Ghazz). The mk2 jaw is a definite improvement.  :thumbs

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Cheers Giga, had another go anyway and, somewhat hilariously, managed to make the second head even bigger than the first one :bang

IMG-2579.jpg

Third time lucky :?

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,070 posts
I didn't see the issue with the old (2nd) head. Love your old 2E style MA.

Maybe you should put the discard heads on a trophy rack for him.
"Parry the 6!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,764 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

Yerh, in my opinion too... coulda gone wif eivver ov 'em. And another :thumbs on old skooling the megaarmor.

As ol' Hakbash would say... Waaagh da upscaling the old metal minis!

:cheers

• Zagursnik and Badfang Brassaxe like this
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Thanks for the support chaps, nice to see yez posting again Mad Grot and sorry it's taken so long to get back with owt worth posting

IMG-2607.jpg

Third time wasn't lucky, neither was fourth really - decided that I'd done the nose too big on the others (which made the eyes too far apart which made the top of the skull too wide which made the head look too short), did a smaller nose on this one and it's got the top of the skull about the right size. I haven't left myself a lot of room to work in so I'm thinking that it's about as good as I'm going to get it. Also had to big up the base a bit - at around 10o of tilt towards the pipe, the figure was toppling over, with the bigger base it won't topple at 30o or more so whilst it's not as good for setting up in limited space, it ain't so bothered about slopes, and he is a big chap :biggrin

• armored walker, Mad Grot Docsnik, Garslag and 1 other like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Magnetic Arm

• Boyz
  • 524 posts

"decided that I'd done the nose too big on the others (which made the eyes too far apart which made the top of the skull too wide which made the head look too short), did a smaller nose on this one and it's got the top of the skull about the right size" That's using your noggin.  :lol  Maybe this series of emojis would be best at describing your ordeal:  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :!  I feel your pain. 

He looks good, I like all the gubbinz you added/sculpted. The Stormfiend body worked well as a base for what I think is your best figure yet. I can't wait to see the paint. 

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,070 posts
I like the little holes in the milliput. It reminds me of the uneven finish of really old steel. There used to be an old steam train in a park in my town, Gork knows where it went to, but it looked sorta like that. I'm sure that's totally what you were going for!!
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,531 posts

Cheers chaps, Giga - 'fraid the paint's being a bit experimental (more 'mental' at the moment), but yeah - those rat ogre bods and bits are really fun to play around with :biggrin  and Garslag - one of the main reasons I prefer using Milliput for customising Orky stuff is due to the way it tears as it's dry-scraped, ideal for making corroded looking panels.

Hopefully have some more pix up later :?