Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What size for Tube A to fit in to Tube B

Plasticcard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LEGO116

LEGO116

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts

So im trying to make Plasticcard guns and what not, im wondering what is the size I need for Tube A to fit in to Tube B, If tube B (the one im putting into) is 5mm should tube A be 4MM, half as wide so 2.5mm or, should A be 0.1mm less wide?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,381 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Tubes have inside diameters and outside diameters, for tube A to fit into tube B then the outside diameter of tube A cannot be greater than the inside diameter of tube B. Unless you know the 'wall thickness' (aluminium tube has a thinner wall than plastic for example) then you're going to have to guess or ask the seller.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
You can also cheat by drilling the hole wider in the outside tube with a pin vice, which for guns I would recommend anyways, as the walls on styrene tubes are typically pretty thick. An alternative is using some kind of brass/copper/aluminum tube for the outside, as the walls on those are typically thinner.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

These are the smallest tubes I have. 

This should be more to the left towards the zero line

C50-AAF8-F-885-D-4-BB7-A831-F8125-DB65-EFE79951-E-1163-4624-BD6-A-F628140455-D6.

Call them 4 & 6cm?

0706-D9-E7-1288-4406-8-B99-3-A37-A25-EF5

This would be vehicle grade caliber. Maybe based on those proportions go at least 1 size between tubes. 

Another technique you can is punching a pattern of staggered holes in thin sheet, then using hot water bend it into an arc to form a heat shield around the barrel. 

For small arms and pistols remember that the body of sluggaz & shootaz is boxy and rectangular cube so you only really need that and small tubing for the barrel. 

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,381 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

These are the smallest tubes I have. 

Call them 4 & 6cm?

I think that should probs be 4 & 6 mm :biggrin

Was going to say that all our tubing is still in imperial (at least, the metal ones are) - plastic tubing I used to get from model shops and try the tubing sizes by pulling them out of the rack, sliding them in and out of each other and seeing for myself.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd

I think that should probs be 4 & 6 mm :biggrin

Either way. All's I knows is that it ain't inches! 

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel