Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaa-Garslag's Evil Sunz etc.

- - - - - gobsmasha squiggoth

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Yeah, for the wash I'd just apply it to the inside corners of the recesses (although I hadn't realised that you'd used balsa to build it with - plasticard's more usual).

If you can find a scalpel with a tubular handle it makes twiddling it a lot easier - it can be done with flat handled ones but it's more of a pain (involves twisting the blade one way whilst twisting the work the other way).

Feel your pain over the lawyer - had to pay an accountant £140 to file a tax return to the Inland Revenue telling 'em I didn't owe them anything 'coz I've retired and the Inland Revenue won't allow me to file my own tax returns because the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority keep coming up with pathetic excuses as to why they won't issue me with a Driving License with my 'new' address on it :?  

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 932 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I'm pretty stoked that you couldn't tell it was balsa mostly balsa despite the close-ups.  The back wheel arches are plastic, and the front fenders are balsa with some plasticard glued over the top as an afterthought to hide the wood grain.  Why I stopped there I don't know.  It would've been better to cover the whole thing with plasticard.  You can still see the grain quite clearly on the running boards, and less obviously on the bonnet.

Now that I know what you mean about the wash it makes a lot more sense.  That's a good idea, though I tend towards blue or black over brown.  I'll mull it over for a few days.

I'm back at school and having to listen to a lot of lectures online, so while I listen I'm trying to make a dent in my backlog of unpainted models accumulated over the last 15 years.  Expect proof of progress on Da Kollectorz in the next few days - I've found a good place to go and give them a run, too.

Feel your pain over the lawyer - had to pay an accountant £140 to file a tax return to the Inland Revenue telling 'em I didn't owe them anything 'coz I've retired and the Inland Revenue won't allow me to file my own tax returns because the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority keep coming up with pathetic excuses as to why they won't issue me with a Driving License with my 'new' address on it :?

It's like these people exist purely to make life difficult...

"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Wasn't sure if it was brush marks or ribbing on the foot boards (to give the krew less chance of slipping getting in or out), the bonnet is fairly edge on in the pics so the grain isn't that noticeable (and, again could have been brush marks) :blush

I tend to use brown washes more than all of the other colours combined - it's good for dirt, grime, old oil, rust, bringing up detail in boots (usually brown), DPM clothing (brown, green & black patterning usually) and (when mixed with green) washed over ork skin, it's also pretty good on non-silvery metallics as it tends to self-pool into the recesses and put a bit more detail into them (or highlight it anyway). Blue usually only gets used on my DeffSkullz (or mixed with black and used on any of my EvilSunz wearing blue pants).

Chuffed you've got somewhere to give your killteam some table time :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 932 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

Proof of progress on Kill Team - Da Kollectors.  For anyone who might view this that wasn't following 4ton Mantis' Kill Team contest in da Fightin' Pit, the concept is that they're less about sneaking in and completing missions, more about sneaking in and pinching stuff.  Each member of da team has his own preferred souvenirs.

L-R:  Bazza - collects helmets.  Gunslug - collects gunz, and when he gets a few more will have da Mekboyz wire them all up together into a Kustom Kombi-Weapon like wot Death Skulls got in the olden days (Badfang - see I got that bit of chain on to give his arm a rest).  Boney - collects any of the pieces of hard whitish tissue making up the sk3leton in humans and other vertebrates.  Gazza - collects shiny fings.  That's his polishing grot next to him that keeps his gear good and shiny.

20180923_092342.jpg

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gobsmasha, squiggoth