Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer fest Ork news

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,336 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz
Thats because youre a pessimist who will do everything in your power to diminish, dismiss, and poo poo GW in their every action, statement, and tease. You cant help it.

They announced plastic sisters. They gave a date. They teased a 3D mock-up at an event intended to feature future products. Why would that seem odd or out of place?

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,333 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

So, no news about Orks. OK. I had no expectations so no big deal. 
New edition of AoS, mo more shooting out of combat..Harrumph!  Harrumph!  Harrumph!  That was something I was ok with.

Wonder what else is changing and how much like 40K it'll be. 

I like the throwback look for the new speeders. I'ma get me a few. 

The picture of the SoB mock up . well. We're getting dangerously close to What I believe by Steve Martin... 

No a fan of the SoS character. don't care for her thick neck or horse face but Meh. I wasn't going to buy one anyway so who cares. 

Titan game. well. Ok. Nice to finally see it. 

I think that all my thoughts on that weekend thing. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,065 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Thats because youre a pessimist who will do everything in your power to diminish, dismiss, and poo poo GW in their every action, statement, and tease. You cant help it.
They announced plastic sisters. They gave a date. They teased a 3D mock-up at an event intended to feature future products. Why would that seem odd or out of place?

It didn't it was just a non-starter.

I've praised GW more during 7th than you criticised them during 7th. But sure, go strawman. It is your only card after all.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
Well no orks.. in fact someone aparntly asked a dev and they said Orks have been put back until December now.

skarnir

skarnir

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

So an Ork player wins the tournament at Warhammer Fest, ergo Orks are OP and need to be nerfed and anyone who disagrees is just not playing them right :lol :lol :lol

• Sorien likes this

May the Enemies blood on your choppa never dry or your welding torch grow cold!

Ork Tactics by Laughterofthegods

https://www.dropbox....actica.pdf?dl=0

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50985

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Phobiak

• Boyz
  • 2,201 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

So what they were planning to put out was meh and now they're going to try to put out something that might untarnish their rep :?

EDIT Skar snuck in a nanosecond before me :bang

• skarnir likes this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Uodate: they never said they were delayed they just said orks were in December. They jist presumed they're delayed because gw sptold us everything would be out by july.

Also seriously scared that orks are now to be nerfed because they won. What list was he using? Also anyone gotmpics?

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

GW just had their biggest year ever. I think they are pretty happy with the current situation.
I have a suspicion they are saving the last day for the 40k material. 40k is by far their biggest segment and its made insane money this year. They arent stupid.

Well according to your own words, GW is now stupid.
  • skarnir, Gitkilla and Giganotosaurus like this

The Normal

The Normal

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 84 posts
  • Army Name:Mekaladz

Winning list: (Green tide for the win!)

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) [108 PL, 1740pts] ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [5 PL, 82pts]: Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss [4 PL, 81pts]: 1. Legendary Fighter, Attack Squig, Big Choppa, Kombi-Skorcha, Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz [13 PL, 193pts]
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [13 PL, 193pts]

Boyz [13 PL, 193pts]

Boyz [13 PL, 193pts]

+ Elites +

Painboy [4 PL, 53pts]: Power Klaw

Tankbustas [7 PL, 170pts]
. Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha
. 9x Tankbusta: 9x Rokkit Launcha

Tankbustas [7 PL, 170pts]
. Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha
. 9x Tankbusta: 9x Rokkit Launcha

+ Heavy Support +

Mek Gunz [13 PL, 252pts]
. Gun: 5x Grot Gunner, Kustom Mega Kannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

'Chinork' Warkopta [8 PL, 80pts]: 2x Deffguns, Big Shoota, 2x Bigbomm

'Chinork' Warkopta [8 PL, 80pts]: 2x Deffguns, Big Shoota, 2x Bigbomm

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Orks) [17 PL, 259pts] ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [5 PL, 82pts]: Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 2. Warpath

Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump

+ Elites +

Painboy [4 PL, 53pts]: Power Klaw

++ Total: [125 PL, 1999pts] ++

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,333 posts

Nice list!

Uodate: they never said they were delayed they just said orks were in December. They jist presumed they're delayed because gw sptold us everything would be out by july.

Also seriously scared that orks are now to be nerfed because they won. What list was he using? Also anyone gotmpics?

Or they are trolling. Whatever, I may have a buyer for my Bonesplitterz army so I'll be set for Dec if it takes that long. In the mean time I'm still wrecking face.

For me this year seems more about completing all of my models more than playing. I'll be well pleased to take a fully completed force out to play with the new codex. 
Besides a ecember release would seem to me to make for a larger than just a codex and cards release. It's the reason for the season and they like to hit those Holidays with a product that's going to make the numbers. (It's just math and Brain working..)   :biggrin  :P  :cheers

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 5,065 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
If we're getting delayed that suggests miniature releases. So that's something.
  • warhead01, Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I don't know if we were delayed or always was going to be that date. Or it could just be s troll lying on thr webs... all i know is almost no 40k content fir WF which is super weird. Even when 8th was announced they showed of a lot of AoS stuff.

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 841 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz

yay we win!
oh, about the delays, I predict that we WILL get models (because we are last, so the first of the new wave) and not only that they will do a gorkamorka combo launch - why not, they are gonna get new vehicles, why not relaunch the old games - they just need to add a rulebook to a box and voilá. more money :D so says da old profeceez

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
Weird that if we were they wouldn't show any of this off... after all they did show off a 3d render of a model comming out in 2019.

Nefairius

Nefairius

Stainless Steel Skull

• Blood Axez
  • 570 posts
  • Army Name:Mekboss Morgrim's Waaagh!

So the talk now is a Decemberish release instead of just around the corner like a number of you lot were saying. December is what I had heard back in January. "All codexes in one year" BAH! Harrumph I say! Harrumph!

How can they do everything in a year when they gotta put out all that age of suckmar stuff they keep spawning? Sure those Daughters of Khaine look pretty sweet, but I'd never play a fantasy setting where the peasants can keep anything more than 1/10th of what they make! Back to your turnips peasants!

I forgot my point.

• PhillyT likes this
Ceterum hoc non est novum Bellum Currus!
Furthermore, we must have new War Buggies!

Wingnutz

Wingnutz

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
I think the point is turnips are overpowered.

And the "all codex within a year" is rubbish... Even if orkz are 1st of "new" wave... We didnt get an old one! Again.
And its just orks left now isnt it??

Cmon gw... At least recognise the green and let us know your intentions if you arent gonna give our book within the 12 months you said....

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,336 posts

I'd like to get confirmation that December was stated. What are they going to release between now and then?  The only unannounced army is Spacewolves other than Orks.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 975 posts
I have put a lot of thought i to that ork list that won the tournament. Although it's a very good and smart list (takes advantage of the new faq a lot) it doesn't represent the majority of armies. For one, 5 kmk would cost you what my entire 2k points of Beakies cost me (i got a lot of deals on ebay for new items on sprews from box sets). Also most people don't own two FW koptas. It's a ice army but very little people can afford it.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,336 posts

The list takes advantage of the current meta.  You wouldn't NEED koptas for it to work.  Sticking those tankbustas in a trukk wouldn't significantly weaken the list.  You could likely get away with using cannons for the grot guns, which opens up all sorts of easy to make kit bashes.

Regarding WHY the list works, its about bodies.  Few competitive list will have the anti-infantry available for so many T4 5++ models steaming across the board.  Given that they will also try to jump units to you, its too much in your face melee for the majority to deal with.  The meta features lots of anti-vehicle and anti-elite mixed with "enough" anti-infantry to get the job done. This list will pummel with KMK and tankbustas while mauling the battle line to a degree that limits responses to those two threats.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,333 posts

I'd like to get confirmation that December was stated. What are they going to release between now and then?  The only unannounced army is Spacewolves other than Orks.

GSC maybe? I can't remember.