Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wishlisting - what sort of rules have you hoped for?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

derry

derry

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 475 posts
  • Army Name:Askari Legion (Blood Axes)

I think the crucial thing is getting -1 to hit or -2 to hit. These are critical impacts on the Orks, but not a big deal for armies hitting on a 3+ normally. I think all Orks should be immune to hit subtractions. There are many fluff ideas to support this. Without changes to the way hit subtractions work for Orks, a whole slew of shooting armies could be rendered useless.

I have a problem with the index that currently really only allows masses of bodies (usually boyz.) Orks should have many builds that are viable. But minuses to hit are a big deal, regardless of whether competitive armies have armies with that ability.

Bloatsnot

Bloatsnot

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 415 posts

Remember when Zzap Guns autohit?  Bringing that back might even them out a bit.

WAAAAGH!! Da Cybermen.

Bloat

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,888 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

Returning Grots, Boyz, and Nobz class units to an effective 4+ BS (3+ for higher echelon Ork (and Grot!) characters; only Nazdreg should have a 2+) would fix shooting. This would address Ork BS similar to 2E, which took into account penalties to hit when shooting due to that being a core rules feature of 2E not present in 3E through 7E, where Ork BS 2 did not render Ork shooting a non-factor, (which 8E now does).

Ork clan traits need to provide a unique benefit, but not at the cost of taking a penalty unless the benefit is doubly good/not counter-intuitive to the modus operandi of Orks in the first place.

• warhead01, Badfang Brassaxe and Gitkilla like this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,275 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

They could even move it to a +1 to hit when the unit didn't move during them movement phase.

I think that should actually be the Bad Moon klan rule to be honest.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

Returning Grots, Boyz, and Nobz class units to an effective 4+ BS (3+ for higher echelon Ork (and Grot!) characters; only Nazdreg should have a 2+) would fix shooting. This would address Ork BS similar to 2E, which took into account penalties to hit when shooting due to that being a core rules feature of 2E not present in 3E through 7E, where Ork BS 2 did not render Ork shooting a non-factor, (which 8E now does).

Ork clan traits need to provide a unique benefit, but not at the cost of taking a penalty unless the benefit is doubly good/not counter-intuitive to the modus operandi of Orks in the first place.

I'd be for this for sure. Over the last fer years I have started to shift towards a more shooty army. The choppy green tide is fun and all for me but not so much for my opponents and I would love to see something that encourages players to bring things that aren't always the same. All of my strong shooting now hit's on a BS4+ roll and my volume fire is usually large shoota boys mobs.   Close combat being my bread and butter with boys (like everyone else) means bringing squad weapons is not worth the points as I will hardly get to use them. (And that's just no fun at all! ) 
At most I am hopeful of a stratagem to improve the units BS for a round of shooting. 

The current situation of our BS roll across the codex has forced me to build out my units in a way where each unit is there to do just the one thing, shoot or chop. Not really a lot of middle ground at all.

If I am wish listing I'd like Flash Gitz to get a 4+ save same as Nobz. Look how big they are! 

Edit, sorry got distracted by some tournament tread over on dakka but it hits me, I'dd like total KFF coverage as a rule. I mean that the bubbles all count for seeing if a unit is covered. If one unit happens to be in two bubbles then it should count as in. I'm not sure it works that way now but I think it should. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
I wouldn't mind shoota boyz being different cost and profiles to a choppa.
  • warhead01 likes this

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 233 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls

Don't force me to play bad moons to be able to shoot, all ork clans should be able to field guns more effectively than what it is right now.

• jackdoud, Badfang Brassaxe and Garslag like this

Metal elitist & into game/level design.

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,275 posts
Why should it? If they just toss the a higher BS in we are going to get crushed on point costs. If they put restrictions or make it a special rule for some types of troops then there wont be a wholesale price hike.

Garr

Garr

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 273 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gar'un Mek-Klaw!
Personally i think that an ork army global rule should be any ork unit generating 10 shots ore more will always hit on a 6+ regardless of modifiers, it would solve a lot of the problems we're having in a shooty list, i also think that blast weapons should hit on a 4+ regardless of BS.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,888 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)

Shooty units simply need to be viable under the core rules to begin with.  Special rules should be effects in addition to simple viability. A unit shouldn't need a special rule just to be viable.

• PhillyT likes this

PhillyT

PhillyT

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,275 posts
I think the issue here is the rule take 6s dont auto hit. It should require a special rule.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 715 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz
The HQ codex also has some nice orginal stuff in it. It seems that since the 'umie codex people yave got some epic stuff (apart from fish'ead who got pretty standard copy and paste stuff...). So my hopes are actually high for once but that just means they will fall harder if GW doesn't deliver.

However, personally I hate traits. I wouod much prefer a list of abilities with suggested relation to a klan or regiment but with rules that say you can take anyone that fits your play style. Because right now the environment is very hostel tp pink ultramarine players wearing imperila fist logos and I'm not sure why... it's just a game.