Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH GorGak! (returns for 8th edition.)

- - - - - Painting Pictures WAAAGH GorGak! Squanch

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,099 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Look like complete garbage - jobzaguddun :thumbs

Need new drill bitz first. I keep snapping them. bad luck. 

Especially for your wallet :lol

• warhead01 likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 92 posts
Its not bad luck so much as all the really thin drill bitz being made way too long for no reason. Some hobby company should be making them like 1cm long so they have less flex.
  • warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I've mounted 10 Orks to 10 of the new bases. Here's what that looks like.

med_gallery_3442_13347_28492.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_64321.jpg

I need to be a bit more careful when I build out more bases and keep in mind where the Orks feet will go so they fit the bases a little better. But it's a good start.

Just need to do a bit of drybrushing on the boots to dirty them up so they look right.

• greggles likes this

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,099 posts

Looking good if a bit precarious (but it's a pretty good excuse for failed charges, I guess :blush ), how easy would it be to have part buried stuff sticking out of the ground and the boyz standing on the solid(-ish) bitz :?

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

I've been thinking a bout that too. Not too difficult really I was excited to layer the stuff up But I also have some that are just plate metal and dirt that are mostly flat. I had been thinking if it looked too wobblie I could save those ones for grots, which have a smaller leg base to worry about. Should work.

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Update. About a week later I've constructed about 120 bases. I wasn't even is a rush. No pictures today but there will be pictures. I'm taking a bit of a brake and should be back to it in a few days. If I can keep this rate I'll be done in months instead of a year!

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Update. 
At this point I have done up over 200 bases. Here's another sampling.

0424181334.jpg 0424181334a.jpg

0424181334b.jpg 0424181335a.jpg

0424181336a.jpg 0424181336.jpg

MY other table space is littered with Orks on bases all fancy'd up. 
I need to put them away and make room for more. 
What's left? 
90 slugga boys, 90 shoota boys (Shoota boys will probably be in the next wave.) 60 grots (the current new plastics.) And lot and lots of other stuff. 

I've set a lot aside to sell and trade away but haven't taken the time to get to it. 

Meh. I'll get too it. 
At some point this year.  

• kreell, Badfang Brassaxe, greggles and 2 others like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,099 posts

Now they look as though they'll be able to concentrate on the dakka more than on just staying upright - sorted :thumbs

• warhead01 and Wingnutz like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 396 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

I think you have struck the perfect balance. The bases add to the figures without being a distraction. And, as Badfang pointed out, the staying balanced is no longer an issue. Not sure if Orks care, or are concerned about that last one. Well done!!  :thumbs  :thumbs

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Thanks bosses!

I know the first few I posted were a little strange looking but I think mostly that was due to the angle of the base in the picture. But I've come a long way in a few weeks and can fix the strange bases later when I get another coffee straw and a little more odd bitz to work with.  If I make a display base, not very likely..., I'll have matching junk piles so it will all come together. I'm pausing the bases project until I finish my next 2 beakie models which finally arrived. I'll be back at Ork projects no later than May 1st. B&C's ETL starts and I am planning to build and paint 10 more flash gitz, the boxes just arrived a few days ago. I'm looking forward to getting to those! 

My good friend has asked if I have time for a game the end of May and were playing Power Levels! so I'm going to bring all my Flash Gitz! all 15 and maybe some proxies as well. (We'll see.)

Garslag

Garslag

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 780 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Good bases. There's all the detail there if you choose to look at it, but the muted colour scheme keeps them from strealing attention from da boyz.
  • warhead01 likes this
"Parry the 6!"

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Good bases. There's all the detail there if you choose to look at it, but the muted colour scheme keeps them from strealing attention from da boyz.

I have been unsure just how much I like that about these bases. I still have to options for a bit more paint and washes open but lots and lots of progress is more important right now. Also, I am seeing all kinds of things I missed on the Ork models which I plan to go back over again at a later date.  It seems easier that way to finish started models, for some reason. I have a bottle of rust and heavy rust powder still set aside for later and a 2 part mix to make blood, my good friend loves the stuff and gifted it to me 5 years ago... (Or maybe more.) 

I really love how these are turning out and they they have received comments and feed back.  One day this killer project will be done and look amazing. lol

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Well alright. 
I just posted my ETL vow over at the B&C, seems I participate in that event every year for a few years running now. 

My Vow.

"I, warhead01, representing that majestic bundle of violence affectionately known as WAAAAGH GorGak! 
Do here by swear this vow, both foul and malicious, to complete the following units for the glory of representing Da Orks in this years ETL.

3 War trukks 82X3 246
2 mobs of Flash Gits (5 models each.) 135 X2 270
1 Kaptin Badrukk 84
Total 600 points.
Should I fail, blah, blah, blah, Banner of shame the rest of the year, blah, blah, blah. "

I'll update here with my progress. No reason not to post pictures of this stuff after all. 

I just updated my blog with pictures of these. 

Already getting started. Priming one of the trukks.

• Garslag likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 780 posts
What's ETL?
"Parry the 6!"

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

The ETL is a yearly painting challenge on the Bolter and Chainsword. 
Link.http://www.bolterand...x-vi/?p=5067686

The Ork subforum is still very small. 

Each subforum has an ETL HQ. So we can get out efforts together.

Have a read if you want.

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

Update.

Da Kappin.

Picture%2B58.jpg Picture%2B59.jpg Picture%2B60.jpg

• Garslag likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Periscope

• Boyz
  • 780 posts
I love that model. You've done a damn good job of him. The feather in his hat is particularly impressive.
"Parry the 6!"

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

I love that model. You've done a dread good job of him. The feather in his hat is particularly impressive.

Thanks Boss!

That feather is silly easy. I used Createx pearlized airbrush paint. It's kinda like cheating. lol

The bottles are bigger than the standard GW pots, 2fo, (60Ml) They last forever if your just using a little here and there.  I recommend these and the Flourescent colors as well. 

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

I've just updated my blog. I've hit my stopping point on all the models I did Vow for the B&C's ETL.

Picture%2B62.jpg

Enjoy!

warhead01

warhead01

Stormboy

• Boyz
  • 1,271 posts

I know I don't update as often as I used to. I'm spending more time over on the B&C right now.

It's a smaller growing Ork community right now. (over there.)

Here's my latest thing.
GorGak had put his mek pit back into gear with instructions to his Mek Boss. "Oi"!! Get something done over there! Or your a panzy git!" 
Not to take that sitting down, Bumpy knuckles "Mek Boss extraordinare" had the chairs thrown out and began cracking the whip and barking orders. His confused grots not wanting to stay late again hopped back to their work!  Like Santa's minions from before old night they hummed the insane songs of the enslave workers as they made weapons of mass destruction for the bosses ....in this case they would be the bosses! "You can't treat us this way! w may be grots but we has rights! "  This would produce a plethora of Killa kans that the committee believed would bring them to freedom! Or at least impress the Boss enough to give them some time off at a future date yet to be determined! Huzzah! 

Real bargaining power would at last be theirs! 

Or so they thought... 

And with out further ahdodoo  ... 
Blog update.

I actually managed to get 9 Killa Kans I have had set aside for a few years, started but kinda far along, finished..or at least to a happy stopping point.

I woulda, shoulda, stuck these in a ETL Vow but I really thought they were a bit too far along and I usually Vow models that are only assembled and primerer at most. 

This would have been roughly another 600 points. (something like that.)

0525180719a.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the little happening above.

haha. Silly little gorts have BIG dreams. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Painting, Pictures, WAAAGH GorGak!, Squanch