Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaargh Skarnir WIP (blood axe)

- - - - - boyz

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 738 posts
  • Army Name:WAAARGH SKARNIR

Since I actually figurted out how to post images again here is my mob of 30 boyz I have been at for about 3 months on and off.

Still WIP about 80-90% done, barrels and such need to be drilled etc....

FF3GDoJ.jpg

ftMP4YV.jpg

ucUOtUP.jpg

6A0cfMR.jpg

• Dim_Reapa, Orkimedez, Badfang Brassaxe and 2 others like this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Ryan

Ryan

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
Looking good, what green did you use for the skin?

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 738 posts

Looking good, what green did you use for the skin?

Death world forest base, Athonian Camo Shade then finally elysian Green. Nob will gte a final highlight of Ogryn camo on face.

Tongues and mouths painted in Waaagh Flesh

• Ryan likes this

The world is a much brighter place, when you finally pull your head out of your ass.

Garslag

Garslag

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 932 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I too like your skin colour. I might start keeping a record of people's skin techniques. I also like how they have a pair of camo schemes at work in the mob. I never thought of that before, it's a seriously cool idea.
  • skarnir likes this
"Parry the 6!"

skarnir

skarnir

Lobotomy

• Blood Axez
  • 738 posts

I too like your skin colour. I might start keeping a record of people's skin techniques. I also like how they have a pair of camo schemes at work in the mob. I never thought of that before, it's a seriously cool idea.

I use the camo colours to tie the units together, years ago I did a similar paint job with a mob of 30 boyz but I am strongly thinking of repainting them as I am not happy with the technique used on the camo.

I was originally thinking of painting the rim of the base in different colours but the unit camo combinations will be unique to visually differentiate (helps with massed combats with multiple mobz).

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Manik

• Boyz
  • 2,317 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Yez cammo's come out alright in the end then :thumbs Personally I'd stick with a single standard colour for ya bases (makes it a lot easier to work out which ones'r your gits) and use unit markings on the shoulders or sleeves in different colours or shapes for the different mobs. Might be worth leaving the un'happy' cammo mob 'til last - it probs looks betta than grey plastic :biggrin

Edit - I'd be tempted to get some 'flock' on yer bases if you weren't already planning to (if you've got a concrete yard or path, sweeping it with a brush into a dustpan will usually give you something usable to superglue to the tops of the bases which'll normally absorb a couple of washes without having to prime it first).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boyz